• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

Riggs

Banned
Also the fact that these benchmark pics are in German is making me really pissed!!! It's like god is just rubbing the salt into the wounds.

Was watching livestream on GiantBomb but I can't do it, must save my hype for the real game. Going to go smoke a bunch of cigarettes and then play Civ5 , stay strong guys.

Soi-Fong

bigimageybu8y.jpg

Once you look at it, and since I took a bit of German, I actually understand it a bit. lol

SJRB

Gold Member
Wow this game doesn't run well on my 530, jesus. Not sure if it's framerate or microstutter or something. I've been fiddling with the settings non-stop.

What is SSAO and what option is the least GPU-heavy?

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Alright watched the first few minutes of the start on Giant bomb, closed the window and instant preorder. Amazing

KePoW

Banned
Wow this game doesn't run well on my 530, jesus. Not sure if it's framerate or microstutter or something. I've been fiddling with the settings non-stop.

What is SSAO and what option is the least GPU-heavy?

You should always turn off AO, it's very performance heavy and doesn't even look good most of the time.

On a 530, I would turn off AA too.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
zero1gaming review

The holiday may be over for Jason, but for you it has just begun. Each moment in Far Cry is incredibly enjoyable. This amazing, expansive world full of life and opportunities is waiting for you to dive in and adventure through. Whether you are playing this for a fascinating story with great characters or just for a fun, open and exciting island experience, Far Cry 3 will not leave you disappointed. A wealth of activities and exploration will keep you sucked in for many hours. So take a load off, grab your tickets and board the plane, your tropical holiday in paradise awaits.

less than 4 hours .....

Sethos

Banned
Is it possible to cancel a Steam pre-order 3 hours before a release? They won't see it for a day or two and I obviously won't be play it, will they honour that?

Ragus

Banned
Fuck, I'm not a fan of shooters. The last 2 I've played were Halo 3 and Halo Reach.

But something about this game... it really looks fantastic.

Lyonaz

Okay the start of the game is awesomesauce and it runs fantastic with my GTX 670.

Also hotdamn I'm gonna craft my ass off and run around with a crossbow.

Can someone clarify, I'm in the UK and have a GMG purchase.

I have to wait until Midnight tomorrow before I can play unless I VPN it?

I can play it right now and bought it off GMG too, not from the UK though, don't think that matters. When you get your key just install it and redeem it on Uplay.

SLV

Can someone clarify, I'm in the UK and have a GMG purchase.

I have to wait until Midnight tomorrow before I can play unless I VPN it?

I thought GMG were only releasing the keys at launch ? For EU it is supposedly midnight tonight ?
i am dead wrong, the key is already available.

SJRB

Gold Member
You should always turn off AO, it's very performance heavy and doesn't even look good most of the time.

On a 530, I would turn off AA too.

There is no option to turn it off, unfortunately. The only options are SSAO, HDAO and HBAO.

Same goes for "Alpha to Coverage" and "GPU max buffered frames", am I supposed to understand what any of that means?

Ledsen

There is no option to turn it off, unfortunately. The only options are SSAO, HDAO and HBAO.

Same goes for "Alpha to Coverage" and "GPU max buffered frames", am I supposed to understand what any of that means?

Are you sure you're running dx9?

Capsule says "2 Days until release"

Email says
You are receiving this email because your game will be available for download on 30 Nov 2012 at 00:01 UTC.

I got the same mail, only it said 28 nov 1745 UTC and I'm downloading it right now.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Gamestar says "HDAO" is the best (it's the most natural one) but it's really hardware hungry. If you can't use that, use "SSAO".

"Alpha to Coverage" you can turn that off, it's pretty much useless.

Unity2012

Do you guys know the size of the install on the X360?

My PC specs are great however it has a GT 530 too; and canyourunit laughed at me and recommended me, for better performance, to turn off... my PC.

Xbox will be...

: (

Woorloog

Banned
This game has split-screen co-op on same console? Whoah!
Just one question... is that limited to some co-op mode or can one play co-op in the full world?

Karram

My god GMG download is painfully slow, it's supposed to take more than 2 days. I'm thinking about pirating the game and then using the activation keys. Not sure if it will work though.

Nizz

iD1E645DxwrlE.gif

Probably just a cropped screenshot. If it was HUD-less, radar wouldn't be there.
This'll probably seem petty to some people but the character is rocking gloves in this gif. Is that a stealth outfit or something that you buy?

Doesn't seem like a Far Cry game till your in-game character is rocking some fingerless gloves. ;)

SLV

My god GMG download is painfully slow, it's supposed to take more than 2 days. I'm thinking about pirating the game and then using the activation keys. Not sure if it will work though.

I am thinking of the same.... 15 kbps, smh

Plumpman

I've lightly searched the thread and couldn't find any info on this.

Is it possible to purchase FC3 through GMG from the USA (with a vpn perhaps?).
I'm not so much interested in getting it sooner, just wanna save some cash if possible, thanks!

ShaunBRS

If there's anyone here in the US who would be kind enough to gift the game to me on Steam (and has Paypal), please send me a pm or something. Would be much appreciated.

Feature

Banned
just played the first camp take over mission. Like it already :p I can see this game is MUCH better than far drive 2. The driving in this feels good too, you can do some good drifts and it actually feels a bit fast.

Top Bottom