• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

SJRB

Gold Member
Lol I know! Check your Far Cry 3 install map and open the FC3 exe. It will launch Uplay and ask for code.

-Edit- Good god the FC3Updater is slow =( and it's my second time downloading it. >.<

Thanks. The game doesn't even have a start menu shortcut or something.

Fucking Ubisoft and their uPlay.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
One of the (many) crappy things about uPlay is that even though it is required to load up and register your key when running the game through Steam, it doesn't actually register the game as purchased on your uPlay account.

That means you have to always run it through Steam, then wait for the uPlay client to load. It also means that you can't re-download the game through uPlay.

.nimrod

I'm now playing the game after just downloading it from GMG and then launching it, no VPN required for unlocking (i'm in Germany)

Overdoziz

Banned
Played the 360 version for three hours now. And this is by far the most beautiful console game I've ever played. How the hell did Ubisoft pull this of!? Oh, and there's no screen tearing. Framerate is pretty good, no slowdowns yet.

Question though? Where can I find a god damn goat?
Can you turn off certain HUD elements? It seemed a bit too arcadey the last time I saw it.

ironcreed

Banned
dat full brody awareness.

1024x576.resizedimage

God damn Komodo Dragons. Something so majestic, yet intimidating about those creatures. Looking forward to being chased by pissed off hissing packs of them in this game, lol.

ironcreed

Banned
Yes! Reviewers weren't kidding when they said this is Skyrim with guns. Except this actually has awesome combat. Everything is also streamlined perfectly. Something that you can't say about ACIII. Crafting and making medicine is easy to learn and it's actually fun to hunt down animals to, for example, make a bigger wallet. Objective markers pop up regularly when you take down outposts and just wandering the island. You never become too overwhelmed though, and the side missions aren't that long. Which is just a positive thing for me.

Again, how Ubisoft managed to pull this of is just ridiculous.

I still want to know where to find a goat though! ANYONE!?

Edit: Found them :)

Just the kind of impressions I wanted. Why, I do believe this will be a game that actually might exceed my already high expectations.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Pocket-lint - 4.5/5

We didn’t expect that much from Far Cry 3. A lengthy preview had left us thinking it was going to be overshadowed by the likes of Halo and call of Duty. We were most definitely wrong. Give this game some time and it will reward you with an engaging story, gorgeous graphics and gameplay that has been polished and improved upon from previous efforts in every way.

Soi-Fong

I only see 480p on Youtube... does it just take time 720/1080?

Yeah. Usually, you have to give it a few hours especially if he uploaded a big file. As for me, I'm hoping AMD puts out a catalyst update for their videocards that can up perf even just a lil.

-BLITZ-

So the trailer tells me that I have only two islands to roam around ? For the others I can't access them because they are for online playing ?

Riggs

Banned
So I am going to complain a little. Is there a reason they won't take my money and let me buy this? Why are we waiting 6 days to play this? And vice versa why the hell does Europe always have to wait most of the time when NA gets stuff first? I mean what is the point? I never understood all this.

So fucking salty.

Soi-Fong

So I am going to complain a little. Is there a reason they won't take my money and let me buy this? Why are we waiting 6 days to play this? And vice versa why the hell does Europe always have to wait most of the time when NA gets stuff first? I mean what is the point? I never understood all this.

So fucking salty.

We "Yanks" also have to wait.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

So fucking salty.

Brick and Mortar stores.

They constantly blackmail publishers by telling them if they sell a game digitially before their shitty piss-smelling stores can sell it, they will no longer carry any of the publisher's titles.

ironcreed

Banned

So fucking salty.

Right here with you in NA, Riggs.

images

Can't wait.

Riggs

Banned
We "Yanks" also have to wait.

I am a yank!! Fucking NA, this is the price we pay.

Brick and Mortar stores.

They constantly blackmail publishers by telling them if they sell a game digitially before their shitty piss-smelling stores can sell it, they will no longer carry any of the publisher's titles.

Right here with you in NA, Riggs.

images

Can't wait.

Whoa fast reply's, thanks guys that makes sense. Fucking piss smelling game stores, I am going to deal with them later.

That pic of Riggs haha, <3 you man.

MormaPope

Banned
The first 10 minutes are so fucking good, the antagonist is brilliant. Doesn't feel like forced evil or badness, antagonist reminds me of Tuco from Breaking Bad.

Top Bottom