• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

Steam finished unpacking Far Cry 3. Immediately installs and launches Uplay, which asks me for my Far Cry 3 key so that the game will turn up in my Uplay library, from which I have to actually launch the game from. F*ck me. I don't want Uplay. I have Steam, I have Origin and now I'm forced to have Uplay. Uggh.

Just accept it, cause it's not going away. Steam, GFWL, Origin, Rockstar, Uplay, Battle.net - there's no more pc gaming without them.

Thankfully, I've never really had problems and they even have their advantages, like making patching easy and painless and making reinstalls a lot easier because your info and savegames are connected to your account.

Not bad, tried only a two kind of jeeps but they control fine.
- My main concern about it was, enemies being bullet sponge but they are not at all. On normal difficulty, they die with 2 bullets at chest with an AK-47.

Played only for a few hours or so. I will post more later as i play it.

Yes!. That´s one of the things that make shooting so satisfying as well as recoil, recharging and dying animations, weapons design, etc. And you also die on normal with 2-3 shoots. This is more Operation flashpoint that Dragon Rising! ;).

And one thing more: yesterday i tried a boat´s machinegun... best machinegun in a game ever!.

Tried the ATV just now. It feels really satisifying to drive one of those. Fast, has a nice weight and fun.

Yes!. That´s one of the things that make shooting so satisfying as well as recoil, recharging and dying animations, weapons design, etc. And you also die on normal with 2-3 shoots. This is more Operation flashpoint that Dragon Rising! ;).

And one thing more: yesterday i tried a boat´s machinegun... best machinegun in a game ever!.

I will try it if i can find a boat. BTW i agree about the game being more of a simulation than an arcade shooter. At least its how i want to play it. I wish there was a hardcore mode or something.

Sethos

Banned
How ya feeling? Are you all doped up? You're gonna have fun playing lol

Nah, local anesthetics however I got put under for the 7 times I had to be DC-converted which didn't help. My entire body is wrapped in burn marks from the patches and the latest DC Conversion was with an older unit that shocks at higher rates which means my chest is fucking crushed. Was in A-fib for 30 hours which has made me real tired and drained.

Plus, my hands are trembling like ass.

Besides that I'm great, thanks for asking :p

MMaRsu

Nah, local anesthetics however I got put under for the 7 times I had to be DC-converted which didn't help. My entire body is wrapped in burn marks from the patches and the latest DC Conversion was with an older unit that shocks at higher rates which means my chest is fucking crushed. Was in A-fib for 30 hours which has made me real tired and drained.

Holy shit Sethos what went down man :(

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Used an Australian VPN to unlock it on the US Steam store. Ran the game once with the VPN still active, then quit the game, put steam in Offline mode, then quit the VPN and the game runs fine.

Also, I had DX11 enabled in my version. This is on a 660ti with latest Nvidia Hitman Absolution beta drivers.

Megasoum

Banned
Used an Australian VPN to unlock it on the US Steam store. Ran the game once with the VPN still active, then quit the game, put steam in Offline mode, then quit the VPN and the game runs fine.

Also, I had DX11 enabled in my version. This is on a 660ti with latest Nvidia Hitman Absolution beta drivers.

Awesome I was about to ask about that...

So is Uplay working too? Cause I was thinking, as long as you use a vpn on steam to unlock the files and then activate it in uplay you can probably just shotdown steam completly and just go through Uplay.

Sethos

Banned
Holy shit Sethos what went down man :(

Just had my second ablation for my A-fib. Normally it starts during surgery when you just lie there awake, feeling the tubes messing around in you heart. Then they DC Convert you to shock it back into place, however that doesn't work with me. So I'm just being chicken fried until they give up.

iNvid02

Ablation is the removal or melting away of an unwanted structure or tissue

shhiiit my heart

So is Uplay working too? Cause I was thinking, as long as you use a vpn on steam to unlock the files and then activate it in uplay you can probably just shotdown steam completly and just go through Uplay.

don't think you can, steam games must be launched through steam, a few smaller titles are the exception.

Raptor

imagepxzim.jpg

German version, uncut according to the shop.

1.01 patch (around 90MB) is already out and HDD install is mandatory.

How does it looks?

Blurry? not blurry? like Black Ops 2 blurry?

Hows the performance?

Thanks.

Megasoum

Banned
shhiiit my heart

don't think you can, steam games must be launched through steam, a few smaller titles are the exception.

That's the thing, it's not really a steam game. No save, no achievement no nothing like that. Steam just launches Uplay and then you got to click play in Uplay to launch the game. It's pretty much just like if you would add a non-steam game to your library except that you can download it from their servers.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

Yes, Uplay seems to be region agnostic. Running the game in offline steam mode, it loaded up Uplay. Running the game from the Uplay launcher, it logged itself into the Ubi servers with no problem.

what happened dude?
Edit- nevermind, didn't refresh page since he replied

Megasoum

Banned
Yes, Uplay seems to be region agnostic. Running the game in offline steam mode, it loaded up Uplay. Running the game from the Uplay launcher, it logged itself into the Ubi servers with no problem.

Awesome! Now I just need to find an Australian VPN to unlock it tonight!

Sethos

Banned
CRAP, I just realised my previous posts could have been the perfect oppertunity to say "I went into cardiac arrest when I saw the FC3 graphics".

Perfect wasted oppertunity :(

mandiller

Some more testing. I turned off Vsync and enabled 2xAA. On Very High settings I got about 40 fps. If I turned down a few settings like Post Processing and Shadows I got around 45-55 fps. It's looking quite nice like that.

This is what it looks like:

As I said in my previous post, this is my rig:

i5 2500k @4.2Ghz
GTX570
16GB DDR3 RAM

I think the game is very heavy on the GPU rather than the other two.

FACE

Banned
CRAP, I just realised my previous posts could have been the perfect oppertunity to say "I went into cardiac arrest when I saw the FC3 graphics".

Perfect wasted oppertunity :(

I went into cardiac arrest when I saw your spelling!

Just kidding :p

Tankshell

Guys, I am confused. In all the gameplay vids I have seen there has only been 1 island map (even on the official Ubisoft site for FC3 it only shows the top island of these 2 maps)... yet this image shows 2 separate islands?

Did they both make it into the final game?

FarCry3-Map.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
Guys, I am confused. In all the gameplay vids I have seen there has only been 1 island map (even on the official Ubisoft site for FC3 it only shows the top island of these 2 maps)... yet this screenshot shows 2 separate islands?

FarCry3-Map.jpg

Both the north and south have been shown in the single player videos. I don't think I've ever seen anything on the south island though. Feels like all the demos so far have been on the north side.

ironcreed

Banned
Guys, I am confused. In all the gameplay vids I have seen there has only been 1 island map (even on the official Ubisoft site for FC3 it only shows the top island of these 2 maps)... yet this image shows 2 separate islands?

FarCry3-Map.jpg

The two big islands are indeed the single player campaign. Not one, but two islands that big. The others are for co-op, multiplayer and the editor.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I feel dirty doing it but I'm going this route I think. they should just push up the release date for everyone.

You should not feel dirty at all. This is nothing but Brick and Mortar stores screwing you, the customer. You paid for the game, the publisher and developer get the money. Brick and Mortar loses.

Fuck Brick and Mortar.

Ledsen

Some more testing. I turned off Vsync and enabled 2xAA. On Very High settings I got about 40 fps. If I turned down a few settings like Post Processing and Shadows I got around 45-55 fps. It's looking quite nice like that.

This is what it looks like:

As I said in my previous post, this is my rig:

i5 2500k @4.2Ghz
GTX570
16GB DDR3 RAM

I think the game is very heavy on the GPU rather than the other two.

Looks like no AF x16, do you use nVidia Inspector?

Tankshell

The two big islands are indeed the single player campaign. Not one, but two islands that big. The others are for co-op, multiplayer and the editor.

Awesome! F**k me this game is going to take over my life! I like the look of the snowy mountains in the south island...

EDIT - or is it something else? Cloud/fog/white water maybe. Whatever.

Linius

I find driving rather difficult, at least with that old white car. The buggy is much easier to handle.

Hope I get my Bow soon, for now I'm blasting guys with my shotgun. Also spotted a minor AI flaw. I went to a corner of an outpost where no guard could sneak up on me from behind. And they just came at me and my shotgun, one bullet trough the chest and gone they were. They didn't seem to have a plan to get me out of that corner.

Top Bottom