• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

I find driving rather difficult, at least with that old white car. The buggy is much easier to handle.

Hope I get my Bow soon, for now I'm blasting guys with my shotgun. Also spotted a minor AI flaw. I went to a corner of an outpost where no guard could sneak up on me from behind. And they just came at me and my shotgun, one bullet trough the chest and gone they were. They didn't seem to have a plan to get me out of that corner.

I'm quite positive I will be using knives and bow exclusively. Or as much as I can.

So is this out in Aussie Steam? I might be mixed up on timing.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Thinking about going this route but I've never done it before. Do you simply stay logged in with vpn and launch the game once then go to offline mode in steam? Then you play in offline mode until release date?

/noob

Exactly. Make sure Steam is closed. Launch the VPN client, set it to the Aussie server. Launch Steam. This should automatically start the decrypting process on FC3, if not press the "play" button on it.

Once it's done, run the game from steam, then copy your key into the Uplay launcher. Launch the game through Uplay, then quit the game.

Put Steam into "Offline" mode. Steam will restart. Once it does, shut down the VPN client, and you can run the game any time from Steam.

Even though the game uses Uplay, it doesn't seem to allow you to just run the executable from the steamapps folder, you have to execute it from the Steam client for it to recognize your Uplay login ID.

Ledsen

Exactly. Make sure Steam is closed. Launch the VPN client, set it to the Aussie server. Launch Steam. This should automatically start the decrypting process on FC3, if not press the "play" button on it.

Once it's done, run the game from steam, then copy your key into the Uplay launcher. Launch the game through Uplay, then quit the game.

Put Steam into "Offline" mode. Steam will restart. Once it does, shut down the VPN client, and you can run the game any time from Steam.

Do you even need Steam to run Uplay games? Can't you just launch Uplay and then the game from there? It's not really a Steam game in that sense.

Megasoum

Banned

I would add that you can probably even skip that step since once the game is registered on UPlay you can just launch everything from there and not touch steam until next week.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I would add that you can probably even skip that step since once the game is registered on UPlay you can just launch everything from there and not touch steam until next week.

When I first unencrypted the game, I tried running the executable direct from the steamapps folder. It brought up Uplay, and I entered my game key. It told me it wasn't valid.

I then loaded steam and ran the game from the client. The uplay client came up and prompted me for a key, and this time it recognized it.

After that I quit the game and quit steam, and tried to load the executable from the steamapps folder again. It logged me in and asked for my FC3 key again, and again told me it was invalid.

So by running the game from Steam it is passing some kind of info to Uplay allowing your Steam key to be recognized, from what I can tell.

I find driving rather difficult, at least with that old white car. The buggy is much easier to handle.

Hope I get my Bow soon, for now I'm blasting guys with my shotgun. Also spotted a minor AI flaw. I went to a corner of an outpost where no guard could sneak up on me from behind. And they just came at me and my shotgun, one bullet trough the chest and gone they were. They didn't seem to have a plan to get me out of that corner.

You need to buy the bow at the ammo shops. It is listed under "specials"

Megasoum

Banned
When I first unencrypted the game, I tried running the executable direct from the steamapps folder. It brought up Uplay, and I entered my game key. It told me it wasn't valid.

I then loaded steam and ran the game from the client. The uplay client came up and prompted me for a key, and this time it recognized it.

After that I quit the game and quit steam, and tried to load the executable from the steamapps folder again. It logged me in and asked for my FC3 key again, and again told me it was invalid.

So by running the game from Steam it is passing some kind of info to Uplay allowing your Steam key to be recognized, from what I can tell.

Ah ok, good to know.

Definity

Even though the game uses Uplay, it doesn't seem to allow you to just run the executable from the steamapps folder, you have to execute it from the Steam client for it to recognize your Uplay login ID.

So do I go ahead and pre-load the game from the US without VPN first? Then simply use VPN to unlock?

/noob x 2

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I think i can wait a few more hours without that VPN bullshit.

Any idea when to expect the nude cutscene. I don't wanna have a family member walk in at the exact time. Already faced a lotta embarrassment with similar situation in RDR.

I saw that. But you can get it for free by doing two more radio towers. Tempting :p

Ah, did not know that but this game is very easy with the money so I just bought it.

I also recommend turning off the music in this game. It completely ruins the immersion when you are in the middle of the jungle and all of a sudden a bass heavy tune drops in.

iNvid02

Any idea when to expect the nude cutscene. I don't wanna have a family member walk in at the exact time. Already faced a lotta embarrassment with similar situation in RDR.

lol

friend walked in during hitman's vixen club moment, just stared for a while before leaving

KuGsj.gif

JambiBum

So I have a question, if I have a code for the game through the AMD deal that they have going on now, can I activate it on steam, preload, and then use a vpn? I've never actually used a code for a game from a deal like that with steam so I have no idea

legacyzero

Banned
Whatever puts it over ME3 as highest rated of the year. I'm still baffled over that games ratings..

Edit: oh and GAT DAMN at that soundtrack!

tjohn86

So I have a question, if I have a code for the game through the AMD deal that they have going on now, can I activate it on steam, preload, and then use a vpn? I've never actually used a code for a game from a deal like that with steam so I have no idea

That code is for the ubistore only. If you want it on steam you will need to buy it there.

Top Bottom