• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

Welp... time to get lost in this island.

qeRlY.jpg

9pXDn.jpg

NFRKP.jpg

I just preorded the PS3 version at BBY for the $20 gift card. Pissed itll be the worst version, but I hope its playable with a patch. Can framerate and such be fixed post launch? Sorry, Im ignorant on this stuff.

NBtoaster

Looking at PS3 videos...jesus the tearing. How can companies ship something looking so unproffesional? V-sync in AC3 was the right choice.

Flew around with that glider-thing. Saw two pirates in the distance on a hill. I steered down and flew maybe 2 meter above ground, jumped out of the glider. Glider hits one of the pirates and he falls off the cliff. The other pirate is still "WTF?" while I shoot him with a fucking arrow in his fucking head.

GOTY!

This needed to be gif'ed!

Oh well, the dangers of emergent gameplay and not having fraps on.

JambiBum

So has anyone else had their game lock up when doing the leader board challenges? I can't remember what they are called but they are the red and white symbols on the map that aren't outposts. The game runs flawlessly every other moment until I try a challenge. Pc version

ZoddGutts

Game looks so damn good. Makes me wish Crytek would do another open world Crysis game, shame their too busy making linear shooters now.

Zeth

I can only play this on 360/PS3 and I'm becoming discouraged to the point of possibly just skipping it :( Hope it's not as bad as some say.

just watched some YT vids of PS3 mag and Gamespot Now Playing.

They were both playing the ps3 360 versions respectively and each stated that the technical issues weren't enough to take away form the experience.

I'm willing to bet the tearing is worse looking because of the garbage compression of the YT videos. You can't use streaming YT vids(or any streamed video content for that matter) as a good base of IQ and performance, that's just dumb.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Is it too early for a spoiler thread? There are a few things i'd like to talk about.

Looking at PS3 videos...jesus the tearing. How can companies ship something looking so unproffesional? V-sync in AC3 was the right choice.

there's tearing on ALL the console videos i've seen of the game, but no one with with the either version reports any tearing in the game, its most likely a capture issue.

Beaulieu

Game looks so damn good. Makes me wish Crytek would do another open world Crysis game, shame their too busy making linear shooters now.

open world dont means what you think it means. crytek has never made an open world game, ever. crysis isnt open world. far cry 1 isnt open world. I wish people would stop saying that.

Can I ask a stupid question?

I'm stuck at the beginning. The guy tells me to crouch down, but then I don't go fast enough and the guards catch me. How long is this stealthiness gonna last?

Mikey Jr.

I like that the bigger animals are a threat and not just "herp a derp, i shot him in the eyeball, he should be dead".

Yeah, technically, if you shoot anything in the head, it would go down. But this is also a videogame.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Yeah, technically, if you shoot anything in the head, it would go down. But this is also a videogame.

That isn't true, btw. Skulls are pretty tough, unless you hit an eye or through the back of the mouth you're just as likely to hit a glancing blow as to penetrate, particularly on some of the larger animals.

Hunting stuff like this you would go for behind the shoulder, trying for heart/lung shots. Easier to hit and more likely to disable.

Clevinger

I like that the bigger animals are a threat and not just "herp a derp, i shot him in the eyeball, he should be dead".

They should be a threat, but maybe not a "unload two pistol clips into it and it's still a killing machine" threat.

Then again, it adds to the atmosphere a lot.

Zeliard

Tigers are awesome. Had a couple of fun times with them when I've been in some random skirmish with baddies and all of a sudden a tiger comes roaring out out of nowhere and just mauls them.

My 360 copy should be here tomorrow, I've been so hyped for so long and now I'm worried as hell after that thread about users that worked on crap games. :(

"Skyrim with guns"... an actual phrase used to describe this game during its commercial

UGH

Isn't that Fallout's MO nowadays? "Elder Scrolls with guns"

So for whatever reason I randomly disconnected from UBI servers and now any time I go into the start menu I can't craft anything or see any skills and when I leave the menu to go back to the game I get mission failed screen. Are UBi servers down or has this happened to anyone else?

Pimpbaa

So for whatever reason I randomly disconnected from UBI servers and now any time I go into the start menu I can't craft anything or see any skills and when I leave the menu to go back to the game I get mission failed screen. Are UBi servers down or has this happened to anyone else?

Yeah, me too. Can't connect to that stupid uplay shit.

Zeliard

Love those moments when you have enough to unlock almost every upgrade for a certain item, because you've been hoarding those hides and skins around. So you skin an animal and unlock an upgrade that just opens up all of the others, and you knock 'em out immediately. Also nice since it frees up quite a bit of bag space after you're finished.

That recently happened to me with the ammo pouches. Got the two boars for the first upgrade and then I already had buffalo and tiger skins on me so I upgraded it three times in a row.

And like EviLore I had 4 weapon slots open to me basically at the start of the game because I snagged the proper materials pretty quickly, including the two sharks which I randomly stumbled upon very early in the game while just roaming around.

+1 for rewarding exploration

Yeah, me too. Can't connect to that stupid uplay shit.

Uplay just updated. Now you must quit your game and restart Uplay and update and then go back into your game.

Gotta love it.

Edit: I'm wrong. Thought that is what teir twitter suggested, but it was old so I dunno. I still can't connect to their awesome servers essentially making it impossible for me to play.

Raven77

Wait...

Wait wait wait...I can make an amazing map with animals in cages and stuff but when I play it with the community the animals will disappear???????????

WHAT THE FUG NUGGETS IS THE POINT OF EVEN GIVING ME THE OPTION!!!!!!!!!!

quaere

Yup can't play without connecting to the servers. Man I can't wait for next gen so I can buy the console version of games from shit publishers.

Nizz

My 360 copy should be here tomorrow, I've been so hyped for so long and now I'm worried as hell after that thread about users that worked on crap games. :(

Isn't that Fallout's MO nowadays? "Elder Scrolls with guns"
Man, I missed that thread. Someone here worked on Far Cry 3 themselves?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I just preorded the PS3 version at BBY for the $20 gift card. Pissed itll be the worst version, but I hope its playable with a patch. Can framerate and such be fixed post launch? Sorry, Im ignorant on this stuff.
There is no reason why a patch can not change the performance of a game. (See Skyrim PS3 which received significant performance patches.)

But the publisher has to pay the developer to work on it and then Sony to get it certified and distributed. (Bethesda had their hand forced by the stink that was raised about the bad port, but if we'll see a repeat of that I don't know.)

Top Bottom