• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

There are EIGHTEEN towers? God damned. I gasped when I saw "4/18" after climbing the latest one. Holy shit. I was thinking 7-8 based on how big I assumed the map to be... guess I was wrong!

Well obviously there's going to be another 9 towers after you 'beat' the game and have to replay the entire thing in reverse, upside down.

Overdoziz

Banned
So is it me or does the game run under 30 fps pretty much all the time on the 360? there aren't any heavy drops but it seems like the game runs consistently low, at like 20-25 fps or something.

ironcreed

Banned
And Dragons!

Dem Komodos. They are indeed nasty.

Komododragon-01.jpg

7he Talon

What's the point in taking photos?
Also, goats are masters of stealth. Been looking for a goat for awhile now... they don't exist.

Zeliard

There are EIGHTEEN towers? God damned. I gasped when I saw "4/18" after climbing the latest one. Holy shit. I was thinking 7-8 based on how big I assumed the map to be... guess I was wrong!

There are
story missions as well. Game seems pretty lengthy.

legacyzero

Banned
Aw yeah, unpacking the game now.

So, do we (US'ers) still need to keep using VPN to play the game until the 4th?
no, just to into offline mode for Steam.

I DID have to sign back into the VPN last night after restarting my PC. Not sure why.

Sethos told me because maybe I didn't launch from Steam? But the only Icon I clicked in the games directory was the Map Editor =/

Well it's the 30th in the UK, no mail from Ubisoft, no game on uplay, no download button on their order status page. Seems to be no help on their forums. *thumbs up*

e. People who have got the download button moaning on the Facebook page and forums that it is slow/not working anyway. Guess I'll just sit it out and play something else for a few days.

e2. Forums suggest 6am UK time.

Framerate on the PS3 version is pretty much shit. I'm loving the grenade launcher but EVERY SINGLE TIME I take a shot with a decent amount of stuff on the screen, there's almost a full second pause right before the explosion. Kinda ruins the moment. There are less severe drops littered throughout the experience, sometimes for seemingly no reason at all. Isn't it funny how a choppy framerate can be reason enough on its own for a game to recieve a measurable critical backlash (Silent Hill Downpour) and then somehow, a few months down the line, it can be completely swept under the rug by reviewers? I find that troubling.

When it drops mid-battle, it'll often cause the quick-heal to not register. It doesn't register a lot actually, and this is pretty much the only reason I ever die. In the ps3 version you have to hold triangle to quick heal, and for whatever reason it's not programmed to recognize it if you were "already" holding it down coming out of a reload or other animation (or during choppiness...) which results in way too many of those "WTF I'M PRESSING IT" moments... with what is one of the most critical inputs in the game. Thankfully the checkpoints are well placed, but a dumb design choice really shouldn't be my primary cause of death.

Other small gripes:

- The vans can be ridiculous. They come down the road, see me, get out and start taking shots, so I kill them all, reload, get in their car to drive away... and another one is already behind me. Multiple times in a row. I literally sat there just blowing up truck after truck for the multi kill bonuses.
- A bit too easy, even on the highest level.
- Protagonists are massively annoying and obnoxious cunts

Other than that though, I have nothing but great things to say about this incredibly fun game.

ElyrionX

Yeah played the 360 version for a couple of hours. Definitely feels like sub-30 fps most of the time. And the image quality isn't even that great.

I bought the 360 version for comfy couch and 5.1 surround but now I'm kind of regretting it since I have a pretty decent PC.

ironcreed

Banned
Framerate on the PS3 version is pretty much shit. I'm loving the grenade launcher but EVERY SINGLE TIME I take a shot with a decent amount of stuff on the screen, there's almost a full second pause right before the explosion. Kinda ruins the moment. There are less severe drops littered throughout the experience, sometimes for seemingly no reason at all. Isn't it funny how a choppy framerate can be reason enough on its own for a game to recieve a measurable critical backlash (Silent Hill Downpour) and then somehow, a few months down the line, it can be completely swept under the rug by reviewers? I find that troubling.

When it drops mid-battle, it'll often cause the quick-heal to not register. It doesn't register a lot actually, and this is pretty much the only reason I ever die. In the ps3 version you have to hold triangle to quick heal, and for whatever reason it's not programmed to recognize it if you were "already" holding it down coming out of a reload or other animation (or during choppiness...) which results in way too many of those "WTF I'M PRESSING IT" moments... with what is one of the most critical inputs in the game. Thankfully the checkpoints are well placed, but a dumb design choice really shouldn't be my primary cause of death.

Other small gripes:

- The vans can be ridiculous. They come down the road, see me, get out and start taking shots, so I kill them all, reload, get in their car to drive away... and another one is already behind me. Multiple times in a row. I literally sat there just blowing up truck after truck for the multi kill bonuses.
- A bit too easy, even on the highest level.
- Protagonists are massively annoying and obnoxious cunts

Other than that though, I have nothing but great things to say about this incredibly fun game.

Now that I can definitely see. But I think that is also the point. Go from spoiled rich boy, to survive at all costs, and find yourself

Mikeside

Are there any kind non-UKers who would be willing to gift me this on Steam? I get paid in a few hours and can either Paypal or buy you something of equivalent value on Steam?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Wtf seriously I don't understand, why did I loose half my FPS overnight?

Someone snuck in and switched that 690 to a 680 :(

Joking aside the game seems to have some weird issues with the resolution setting, I noticed this myself. All this time I thought I was running the game at 2560x1440 ( as stated by the options ) but it had glitched back to 1920x1080 so when I went back to actual 2560x1440 the fps hit the proverbial fan.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I dunno guys, this game looks pretty amazing to me. ok the frame rate hovers around 25 - 30fps but it doesn't dip that bad.

im callng the ps3 version the best here. ill wait for digital foundry but I am really curious which version comes out better. not much screen tearing either.

compared to black ops 2 on ps3, this is like a generation leap, just look at the pics I posted. not much else to say.

loving this game, although not too fond on the whole teenage kid gone rambo.

Frillen

So I'm having some trouble with a side mission. I'm suppose to find three old war tablets or something from a dude, but I just can't seem to find the one that's down in a temple. It's a temple where you can swim underwater.

I dunno guys, this game looks pretty amazing to me. ok the frame rate hovers around 25 - 30fps but it doesn't dip that bad.

im callng the ps3 version the best console version here. ill wait for digital foundry but I am really curious which version comes out better. not much screen tearing.

fixed, and even then I doubt it.

I mean out of the console versions. of course the PC version will always be superior.

I know you meant console, but I figured I'd get it out of the way anyways before someone else did.

There really seems to be a lot of parity between the 2 console versions. It seems it boils down to controller preference. I look forward the the DF face off.

Bog

Junior Ace

Not really surprised based on the comments in that other thread by the guy who worked on the ports. He said something to the effect of "the worst port this gen".

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I ran into that bug with switching from windowed to full video mode screwed with my minimap so it turned super small wtf.

Megasoum

Banned
The same thing happened to me, try setting the ingame vsync to 1, see of that works.

I'm playing in Borderless so it's greyed out.

There's really a bug somewhere because even if I lower the settings to Medium I still get 45ish FPS...On medium I was running at 95 last night.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just finished it.

Could have had more Vaas parts but overall it was very good.

Edit: also a few nice surprises and twists in the story :)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Haven't been following the thread but are there any good deals for the PC version? And is Deluxe worth it?

TEH-CJ

Banned
Not really surprised based on the comments in that other thread by the guy who worked on the ports. He said something to the effect of "the worst port this gen".

what?? worst port?

I must be playing a ps3 on steroids because I think it looks fucking amazing, and runs decent enough, its not perfect though obviously. Unless the 360 version runs at 60fps...I dont see how this is a bad port.

Black ops2...now that is a terrible port.

legacyzero

Banned
EDIT: yeah, that dont work for shit LOL. I'm gonna wait until I can use another program. I want to use Stream on Twitch, Just not sure how..

Top Bottom