• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

Ugh, the UI is really getting on my nerves. Why is it constantly telling me how to do things I already know, and why is it constantly telling me my current mission and that my rucksack is full? I BLOODY KNOW ALREADY.

I wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so big.

How do I do that, though?

Launch UPlay and go into the settings option on the top right. Select "launch UPlay in offline mode", then exit and launch again.

Yeah, is there a way to turn off the in-game popups? So annoying. Yes, for the hundredth time I know about checkpoints and my loot sack.

mujun

Launch UPlay and go into the settings option on the top right. Select "launch UPlay in offline mode", then exit and launch again.

Yeah, is there a way to turn off the in-game popups? So annoying. Yes, for the hundredth time I know about checkpoints and my loot sack.

I can't launch UPlay on the 360, right?

From the start screen in the game I can't do anything except have it try to load up UPlay.

Never used UPlay on my PC.

KyleN

Banned
FC3 with no HUD sure is beautiful... ;)

ibeS93Ek8JE6Xl.png

ibl2FiRpr809oR.png

Lach

Is there anyway to skip the UPlay Splash Screen on PC? I'm playing on TV with gamepad via Steam Big Picture mode but the Uplay Splash Screen ruins that (having to click play). Maybe a command line argument or something like that?

Haven't been this psyched for a game in a long time! Tuesday can't come soon enough (or maybe I'll VPN it, but I'm afraid my Steam account will be deleted).

@Hudless Pics: These look like crops lol

P.S. If anyone is interested, getgamesgo.com has the Uplay version for around $38

NIN90

Looks like my game is fucked up because the servers are down? When I access my skills or crafting both screens are just blank. And when I close the menu I'm in some weird 3rd-person mode and can't move and have to quit to the main menu.

reektann

Looks like my game is fucked up because the servers are down? When I access my skills or crafting both screens are just blank. And when I close the menu I'm in some weird 3rd-person mode and can't move and have to quit to the main menu.

I get exactly this. Was fine last night. Now if you hit start to go into a menu it flicks up "servers are down" and then you go back to the game and you have a skybox and no visuals. Superb. They obviously never tested this with the server down.

Acinixys

I get exactly this. Was fine last night. Now if you hit start to go into a menu it flicks up "servers are down" and then you go back to the game and you have a skybox and no visuals. Superb. They obviously never tested this with the server down.

This is bullshit. Why are the servers needed to show in game menus? That seems like a massive balls up on their part

NIN90

Running uPlay in offline mode fixes this for me.

reektann

I'm starting to lose faith in developers now. Day off work. Sit down to Far Cry 3.. superb intro.. the game tells me to press start to look at some info ' Servers offline ' ... then skybox.

WOOH.

Ledsen

I'm starting to lose faith in developers now. Day off work. Sit down to Far Cry 3.. superb intro.. the game tells me to press start to look at some info ' Servers offline ' ... then skybox.

WOOH.

Put uPlay in offline mode, I think that removes those checks.

reektann

Workaround : go into UPlay settings and tell it to start in 'offline mode' then restart it and load the game. It says its "logging in" then just says ok even though its offline.

Edit : Like Ledsen put it also!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Can someone tell me where/when you get the wingsuit?

Play story missions

HOLY SHIT DID YOU PLAY NON STOP??? YOU BEAST!

lol nah dude, but tbh i did mostly story missions. I couldn't care less about all the side stuff like racing or time limit missions (fuck that!)

but the bounty hunting missions are pretty fun.

Played it for like about an hour at a mate of mine but I'm quite underwhelmed. Granted I didn't do any main missions but the side quests are a joke (either go here and kill that guy, go bring the supplies there or hunt this animal with this gun). The graphics can look nice when stalking a prey but there is no destruction, the draw distance is horrendous and when driving this results in a big amount of pop in. The variety in plants, trees and bushes is also really lacking. The AI is almost as bad as in vanilla FC2. Sniping from a bush with a silenced M14 rifle (don't know the ingame name) results in the enemy immediately homing in on me. The weapons don't feel nice at all to shoot. Sounds are weak which might be the biggest issue I have with them.

Don't think I'll be getting this game any time soon.

bitoriginal

Played it for like about an hour at a mate of mine but I'm quite underwhelmed. Granted I didn't do any main missions but the side quests are a joke (either go here and kill that guy, go bring the supplies there or hunt this animal with this gun). The graphics can look nice when stalking a prey but there is no destruction, the draw distance is horrendous and when driving this results in a big amount of pop in. The variety in plants, trees and bushes is also really lacking. The AI is almost as bad as in vanilla FC2. Sniping from a bush with a silenced M14 rifle (don't know the ingame name) results in the enemy immediately homing in on me. The weapons don't feel nice at all to shoot. Sounds are weak which might be the biggest issue I have with them.

Don't think I'll be getting this game any time soon.

So you're judging it based on an hours play at a friends and you didn't even do any story missions?

Sendou

I own the PC version and had some problems connection to Ubisoft's servers while playing. So what happens is that while I'm doing something on the menu it tries to reconnect to the server. It fails and after that when I return to game I'm stuck. The game also gets all weird (missing geometry, hunter's instict timer stuck...)

Has anybody else experienced this?

EDIT: Looks like that's the case... Not cool Ubisoft.

So you're judging it based on an hours play at a friends and you didn't even do any story missions?
For me an hour is enough time to know if I will enjoy a game or not. It might be worth it if the main storyline is really good but I didn't want to start it and not be able to finish it. And for an open world game the side quests are just as important to me. The AI and shooting mechanics don't change for the main storyline either.

MaLDo

Kyle! Show us the way. How did you do that? How did you add SMAA (where do you put the files and which)?

Screenshot function ingame takes shots without hud.

You can use SweetFX copying files into bin and into Farcry 3 folder. The settings.txt that works is in the farcry 3 folder.

You can use a negative value in Vibrance shader to lower a bit the color saturation.

Great, started up the game and now I'm stuck at "Wall messages downloaded" and it loads forever.
Fuck your Uplay, Ubisoft and fuck your stupid messages. I want to play the game!

SJRB

Gold Member
When/how can you craft alternative arrows like explosive ones and fire arrows?

I just got the fire arrow crafting recipe from a story mission, I can only assume the other arrow works the same way.

1 fire arrow needs 1 molotov and a molotov is 25 bucks, a bit excessive if you ask me.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Cool, can't play the game due to Uplay and the fc3 servers being down, thank god I'm playing a singleplayer game with virtually no ties to online right? I wish I hadn't supported this tripe...

Drazgul

You can buy it when you have enough money. Or just free enough radio towers and it will be made available for free.

I dunno if it was a glitch or something, but after like 3 towers it was set as 'owned' in my inventory, even though I'm pretty sure there was no message that said it had been unlocked (anyone know if the radio towers are tied to certain weapons, or is the weapon unlocks based on number of towers disabled?). But it's not like it's very expensive to buy - it's under the special items category. Very much worth it to get asap, such a satisfying weapon.

Screenshot function ingame takes shots without hud.

You can use SweetFX copying files into bin and into Farcry 3 folder. The settings.txt that works is in the farcry 3 folder.

You can use a negative value in Vibrance shader to lower a bit the color saturation.
There's a screenshot function in game?

Sendou

Cool, can't play the game due to Uplay and the fc3 servers being down, thank god I'm playing a singleplayer game with virtually no ties to online right? I wish I hadn't supported this tripe...

Tell me about it... I somehow thought that if you get to play the game you're okay but that really doesn't seem to be the case. If the check fails while you're in game it bugs.

What the hell is up with that anyway? Some kind of clever anti-pirate measure?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Put it in offline mode.

I have never played the game outside of offline mode. Wouldn't put myself in that spot to begin with, even in offline mode I get the "please wait we're trying to reconnect to the farcry 3 severs - ops they're down" and when I go back into the game all geometry is gone basically.

edit : my apologies, I've apparently mistaken safe mode with offline mode, going into offline mode made my uplay games invisible but that was circumventable by launching uplay via steam ( lol ). Thanks, now I can bring up the map without the game wanting to connect and compare my trial runs to that of some random ubi-soft employee and crashing my entire shit.

Top Bottom