• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Note to self: a tiger can survive 10+ shots from a pistol, three of which went to the head.

Holy balls.

Get a shotgun ASAP. Thats the best weapon for hunting with. Dont use the 2nd one, the dumbshit player character takes too long to cycle a new round with the lever action. I have some serious issues with the speed of firing for the shotguns.

They should be a threat, but maybe not a "unload two pistol clips into it and it's still a killing machine" threat.

Then again, it adds to the atmosphere a lot.

Closest thing in reality is a guy unloaded 9 rounds of .45 ACP (which basically is about a mag and 2 rounds into the next assuming he was using standard magazines article doesnt say) into a grizzly bear in Alaska when it charged a friend and him. Which warded off the bear which was found dead later by park rangers.

Going after big game with "small caliber" firearms isnt exactly the brightest of ideas.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Lol, this helps a lot. Same here.

Was getting pissed off when I kept finding pigs but no boars according to the map. Finally found them like lower left side of the map. Was driving me crazy thinking it was some sort of "pig" rare spawn lol. And those damned dark brown pigs kept screwing with me making me think they were boars from a distance. D:

Qatar

So I can't play the game on PC ? I can't start the first mission in single player bacause uplay servers are not available at this moment. Thanks Ubisoft !

Damn this game is good. Can't wait to give the MP stuff a whirl next week with friends.

Oh, and for those having Uplay server issues interrupting gameplay, just go into Offline mode in the Uplay app and you'll be able to play with no problem.

Also - I'm getting a weird graphical glitch - when I pause the game and Resume the screen disappears and I'm getting some strange artifacts. Ideas anyone?

Are Far Cry 3 servers down?

Visceir

Started the game yesterday and got a few hours in. I took over the first camp and bought myself a bow. How feasible is it to just stick to the bow and not use other weapons at all? I kinda want to do that.

I guess it's not very good for hunting since you're only limited to 5 arrows? Does the bow even have any clear advantages over other weapons?

Started the game yesterday and got a few hours in. I took over the first camp and bought myself a bow. How feasible is it to just stick to the bow and not use other weapons at all? I kinda want to do that.

I guess it's not very good for hunting since you're only limited to 5 arrows? Does the bow even have any clear advantages over other weapons?

I've increased my arrow count to 10. It's a stealth weapon, don't need a silencer like for guns. Mostly one-shot kills no matter where on body.

I've increased my arrow count to 10. It's a stealth weapon, don't need a silencer like for guns. Mostly one-shot kills no matter where on body.

I got my arrow count up to 20 about an hour ago. 20 arrows+10 "special" arrows(grenade/fire).

It's nice knowing you can miss a few shots and not have to switch to a gun. Especially when you get the ability to draw and fire 50% faster. Makes hunting more dangerous game much easier.

Dr. Earnhardt is a cool guy.
i8SH0.jpg

cZdty.jpg

h3lBT.jpg

Omni

Sooo... Lisa's ass... 0_o

Loving this game so far. I've never played number 2 or 1 (was that even this gen?). The map is huge!

Badgerst3

Where will we be able to find user created map editor mp maps if playing on a 360?

And does the map creator decide type of gameplay ( free for all, team death match, etc)

The map editor seems pretty cool.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501873

It's got me worried, never had hype cut so much so quickly
:(
Being a dev he/she will notice the IQ and performance issues far more than the average player. I think they're being a bit dramatic given their own knowledge and preferences.

Like I said in an earlier post 2 media outlets one playing each console version of the game and neither mentioned performance and IQ diminishing the experience.

Nyx

Got it last night on my 360, and played until I met Dr Earnhardt.

Fan-tas-tic!
It looks awesome (haven't noticed any tearing, did install the game though), and I love the RPG elements.

I know what I'm doing this weekend!

My PC sounds like a jet, heh. Time to get new GPU :)

Also, dear God, I learned DLC code has to be put using in-game menu and connecting to FC3 servers, which are DOWN :-(

For those who have completed the game; how long did it take? I loved Farcry 1 and have finished it many times but really didn't enjoy Farcry 2. Bit worried about jumping in at full price. Though the fact its gone back to a tropical island is a big plus.

ElyrionX

Yes, the 360 port isn't great but based on my four to five hours with the game, the technical issues are far from being a dealbreaker.

Although I will concede that the technical issues along with the miscellaneous issues (lack of UI and sound options, poor sound mix, etc) does bring the game from a potential 9.5 to 8.5 for me. It's quite apparent that another month or two of polishing could have really helped a lot.

Omni

Yes, the 360 port isn't great but based on my four to five hours with the game, the technical issues are far from being a dealbreaker.

Although I will concede that the technical issues along with the miscellaneous issues (lack of UI and sound options, poor sound mix, etc) does bring the game from a potential 9.5 to 8.5 for me. It's quite apparent that another month or two of polishing could have really helped a lot.

Yah. I've noticed a bit of input lag and frame stutters in concentrated areas. Plus a bit of screen tearing... Nothing deal breaking though.

Anyone know where Boars are? Want to build the flame thrower thingy which gives you more ammo. Can only find regular pigs.

Ledsen

Yah. I've noticed a bit of input lag and frame stutters in concentrated areas. Plus a bit of screen tearing... Nothing deal breaking though.

Anyone know where Boars are? Want to build the flame thrower thingy which gives you more ammo. Can only find regular pigs.

The very first mission in the game, after you light the tower, takes you to an area that has boars.

mujun

So how do I get past the "Detecting Uplay Passport" endless swirl when playing the 360 version?

Can't play the game :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What on earth were they thinking with that minimap? Size is one thing, but it's so far out for no reason. Game looks great but that thing is fucking hideous.

Clevinger

Going after big game with "small caliber" firearms isnt exactly the brightest of ideas.

Heh. Wasn't going after him. I had no ammo left for my big guns and he popped up out of nowhere.

But unloading two clips into a not-that-big of an animal (compared to say a bear) and it's perfectly fine is still pretty silly, you gotta admit.

Top Bottom