• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

SJRB

Gold Member
The drug-related fever dreams are really, really well done. Extremely creative and visually stunning.

JambiBum

So how do you access the deluxe edition stuff in game?

The monkey DLC, the Lost Expedition and the hunting DLC... Anybody know?

I can see the UPlay mission on the map but not the other ones.

Where is the uplay mission? I activated it but can't seem to find it.

Omni

Just stumbled across a guy taking a leak in a field (was watching through my sniper scope... Sounds more perverted than it is)

T'was the last thing I was expecting when I heard gunshots in the distance 0_o

JambiBum

I haven't done it yet but it shows up as a special marker on the east side of the map.

Do you have that side of the map uncovered yet? I haven't been there and I don't see it. The Lost Expeditions show up for me even in areas that I haven't uncovered yet though.

Megasoum

Banned
Do you have that side of the map uncovered yet? I haven't been there and I don't see it. The Lost Expeditions show up for me even in areas that I haven't uncovered yet though.

Nope it's in a blacked out section of the map.

It's the UPlay reward mission. You bought it with your uplay points?

maomaoIYP

I am having the most fun I have had in an FPS in years. So I was getting chased by 2 dudes in a jeep. I get off my car, and as their vehicle comes towards me, I kill the driver in one burst, the jeep loses control, turns and flips over, throwing them both out, killing the other dude instantly. WOW.

TheJerit

Wanting to buy this right meow and I'm seeing GetGamesGo has the deluxe for ~$46. Tried to look for it on GreenManGaming, but it's not showing up for me. Is that because I'm in the States? I thought we could still buy from GMG.

Trying to get the Deluxe as cheap as I can and be able to make it the 4th today ;)

Edit: If my assumption is right, it appears far cry 3 won't appear for me on GMG till the 4th. Is that correct? GetGamesGo it is then if so.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is the open-world stuff all available w/o progressing the story? I'm a sucker for that stuff - want to amuse myself first.

Is the open-world stuff all available w/o progressing the story? I'm a sucker for that stuff - want to amuse myself first.

Some not all, you can upgrade your crafting by hunting specific animals, unlock free guns by doing radio towers, assassination missions, hunting missions, races, but alot of the skills are mission locked

So people who have beat the game, answer this question without spoiling anything. Does the game realize that the main characters are insufferable douchbags and is there a moment of clarity?

Well, most of those spoiled tweens say it quite often that they can't handle the situation. So yes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Some not all, you can upgrade your crafting my hunting specific animals, unlock free guns by doing radio towers, assassination missions, hunting missions, races, but alot of the skills are mission locked

Thanks!

Ledsen

Wanting to buy this right meow and I'm seeing GetGamesGo has the deluxe for ~$46. Tried to look for it on GreenManGaming, but it's not showing up for me. Is that because I'm in the States? I thought we could still buy from GMG.

Trying to get the Deluxe as cheap as I can and be able to make it the 4th today ;)

Edit: If my assumption is right, it appears far cry 3 won't appear for me on GMG till the 4th. Is that correct? GetGamesGo it is then if so.

I don't think GMG sell UbiSoft games in the US. Anyway, the Deluxe edition it's $40 on GMG for us Euros so it's not a huge savings either way.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
So Green Man Gaming just sent me my CD key, but I canot get their shitty capsule to work. Is there anyway to redeem the CD key on the shitty UPlay client?!
LLShC.gif

Quoting for the new page as at the moment I cannot even download the game! :(

TheJerit

I don't think GMG sell UbiSoft games in the US. Anyway, the Deluxe edition it's $40 on GMG for us Euros so it's not a huge savings either way.

Ah, I see. Well then that makes sense. Thanks and I'll go ahead with GetGamesGo. $46 for the deluxe vs 50 for standard on Steam seemed likes a good enough deal for me.

TheJerit

Just tried to purchase it through GetGamesGo and it said it was unavailable for the country selected. If I choose United Kingdom as my country though it appears to want to proceed. Wonder if it would still process through PayPal correctly though even though its now in Euros.

Anyone purchased this way before?

Hmm, starting to wonder if I should just buy standard edition through steam and unlock via vpn....

and yeah, i'm being cheap lol ;)

ys45

Hey guys , i hear some people managed to play this early in NA .

I tried checking on youtube/google to play games early on Steam but most of the trick are for Europe or the applications i tried did not work (Cyberghost, Spotflux)

I have preloaded the game , anyone know a trick that work so i can play this before the 4th ?

Goddam playing predator and shanking people is so much fun. I don't even use guns unless I absolutely have to. The death from above takedown is so fantastic.

I tried checking on youtube/google to play games early on Steam but most of the trick are for Europe or the applications i tried did not work (Cyberghost, Spotflux)

I have preloaded the game , anyone know a trick that work so i can play this before the 4th ?

Someone detailed it earlier in the thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=44840036#post44840036

Basically find a VPN client and connect to a Euro or Aussie server. Launch steam and the game should unlock. Then launch the game though Uplay and close the game and put Steam in offline mode.

jrcbandit

I unlocked it this morning in the US. I used a proxy for Australia.

Be sure to run Steam in offline mode until next Tuesday. You can still play online with Uplay.

Riposte

I get real sad when my video card isn't even brought up anymore when it comes to performance talk. I've decided to wait until I get both consoles before I spurge on a new PC... but it hurts (well, it runs 95% of games totally fine, but some games not so much).

EDIT: People really thought the beginning of the game was entirely earnest? Come on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Depends, do you like 25FPS?

It's really sad between this and AC3 that publishers can get away with putting these games out if they're clearly not working. Like, a customer who doesn't know better buying Skyrim on PS3 just seems like there should be a law preventing that from happening.

Zeliard

The AI is almost as bad as in vanilla FC2. Sniping from a bush with a silenced M14 rifle (don't know the ingame name) results in the enemy immediately homing in on me.

This is sorta just wrong. Silenced sniper rifle is my most used weapon in the game outside of the bow and enemies never have a clue where the shots are coming from.

If they even notice a buddy dropping dead or a shot missing, then they go on general alert and start roaming around, but they still don't know where the actual shot is coming from. And as long as they don't actually see you, they won't raise the alarm.

If enemies don't happen to notice their friend laying on the ground with a mysterious bullet hole through their head, you can easily wipe out an entire encampment with a silenced weapon without anyone having known you were there. I've done it a number of times on Warrior difficulty, just sitting back with a silenced sniper rifle and methodically shooting people in a way that nobody else sees them suddenly dropping, until everyone is dead.

legacyzero

Banned
Map Editor is going to SAVE this multiplayer.

The PC Editor is orgasm worthy.

There's a lot of complaints on the console version though. Shitty limits and draw distance.

d1rtn4p

This is sorta just wrong. Silenced sniper rifle is my most used weapon in the game outside of the bow and enemies never have a clue where the shots are coming from.

If they even notice a buddy dropping dead or a shot missing, then they go on general alert and start roaming around, but they still don't know where the actual shot is coming from. And as long as they don't actually see you, they won't raise the alarm.

If enemies don't happen to notice their friend laying on the ground with a mysterious bullet hole through their head, you can easily wipe out an entire encampment with a silenced weapon without anyone having known you were there. I've done it a number of times on Warrior difficulty, just sitting back with a silenced sniper rifle and methodically shooting people in a way that nobody else sees them suddenly dropping, until everyone is dead.

Was gonna add, Far Cry 2 had amazing sniping. I'd take out entire towns just sitting in a bush...

Zeliard

Was gonna add, Far Cry 2 had amazing sniping. I'd take out entire towns just sitting in a bush...

I enjoy how it turns into a sort of puzzle game - "sitting at range with a silenced sniper rifle with super-scope, series of enemies in a camp, when and in which order should I shoot each of them so that nobody even notices?"

Map Editor is going to SAVE this multiplayer.

The PC Editor is orgasm worthy.

There's a lot of complaints on the console version though. Shitty limits and draw distance.

I just jumped into it to see the differences on pc. Holy shit. I cannot wait to see what people come up with using this thing. Also, it may not allow you to do it through the multiplayer game itself but it seems like you can play others AI and vehicle maps solo by downloading the file and opening it up in the game mode in the editor. Need to try that out.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Just tried to purchase it through GetGamesGo and it said it was unavailable for the country selected. If I choose United Kingdom as my country though it appears to want to proceed. Wonder if it would still process through PayPal correctly though even though its now in Euros.

Anyone purchased this way before?

Hmm, starting to wonder if I should just buy standard edition through steam and unlock via vpn....

and yeah, i'm being cheap lol ;)

Try it and let us know if it works :)

Top Bottom