• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

Ledsen

Tell me about it... I somehow thought that if you get to play the game you're okay but that really doesn't seem to be the case. If the check fails while you're in game it bugs.

What the hell is up with that anyway? Some kind of clever anti-pirate measure?

Did you try offline mode in uPLay?

edit: well that sucks Corky :( Hope they've fixed it tonight...

iNvid02

But I forgot to redeem my Deluxe stuff yesterday and wanted to do it today :(

i just did it and it worked from the main menu

its not online DRM, its some stat tracking bullshit i think. AC3 has the same thing where they upload your stats so you get the game telling you stuff like:
"CONGRATS YOU ARE RANKED #40 IN THE WORLD FOR OVERALL KILLS"

AC3 handles it well though in the background, this shit made me log in before i could access the menu

Nyx

His criticisms actually arent wrong though.

What other side-quests would you have wanted then?
The pop-in comment is exaggerated if you ask me.
Regarding the AI, I haven't played much but I've killed 4 guards at a post with the knife and nobody knew I was there.

And in the end, no game will ever be fun for everyone.

Sethos

Banned
Random GIF'ing time - Now with slowmotion.

iTY7WzYMYgovK.gif

JambiBum

Has this happened to anyone else? Whenever I try to do the first leaderboard challenge (forget what they are called, but they are the red and white markers that aren't outposts) near the main town my game locks up. I don't know if it's a Uplay server thing or what. My game runs flawlessly until I try to do that though. PC version.

That flamethrower sequence is amazing. Totally dig the setting and the song.

I was a bit worried, when the screen started to shake and flash, until I realised what I was burning. LOL!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'm certain I've barely scratched the surface of the singleplayer missions, I just finished the mission "Playing the spoiler" or whatever the name was where you ( not really a spoiler but w/e )
blow up the ammo cache

My question is, does the game ( in particular the story and the story campaign missions ) stay like this throughout?

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm certain I've barely scratched the surface of the singleplayer missions, I just finished the mission "Playing the spoiler" or whatever the name was where you ( not really a spoiler but w/e )
blow up the ammo cache

My question is, does the game ( in particular the story and the story campaign missions ) stay like this throughout?

I don't know what you mean with "like this". Like what?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Heh. Wasn't going after him. I had no ammo left for my big guns and he popped up out of nowhere.

But unloading two clips into a not-that-big of an animal (compared to say a bear) and it's perfectly fine is still pretty silly, you gotta admit.

Taken from an article with police commenting about an incident involving a tiger at a zoo in Cologne Germany that was put down.

The police agreed that the zoo director was within his rights, adding that the police service pistols would not have been much use against a tiger.

"Our guns would not have even scratched it," he said.

"The director of the Cologne Zoo, Theo Pegel, shot and killed the tiger with a high calibre rifle through a skylight in the roof of the building."

Source
http://www.thelocal.de/national/20120827-44603.html

Do believe that the German Police service pistol is the SIG 225 which is a 9mm pistol. Granted that the game has a pistol which uses the .45 caliber round its not going to make that much of a difference on a target as large as a tiger IMHO.

Linius

I just got the fire arrow crafting recipe from a story mission, I can only assume the other arrow works the same way.

1 fire arrow needs 1 molotov and a molotov is 25 bucks, a bit excessive if you ask me.

Thanks. I was more busy doing upgrades and exploring the area than doing story missions :p

Argh, server be damned.

I think I've learned an important lesson these past few days. AC3 and FC3 are impressive and ambitious games, and Ubisoft deserves a pat on the back for them both, but I will never buy an Ubisoft game on release day for PC again.

Maybe these games are too ambitious I don't know, but they don't seem to be able to deliver them in a satisfactory working state. Better off waiting a month or two and playing the patched product alongside a built up online database of tweaks and fixes. PC gaming's too frustrating otherwise.

iNvid02

just exploring and heard a growl, ran out of ammo and got mauled by a tiger

this game lol, love it. waiting to get a bow though

Overdoziz

Banned
This game feels so clunky on the 360. The fact that the sensitivity is so goddamn slow while zoomed in is really starting to annoy me.

Coldsnap

So people who have beat the game, answer this question without spoiling anything. Does the game realize that the main characters are insufferable douchbags and is there a moment of clarity?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I'm unfortunately not feeling the game.

But as a funny aside: When the moon comes up it stays static as long as you don't move your character. It only moves when your character moves.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
So Green Man Gaming just sent me my CD key, but I canot get their shitty capsule to work. Is there anyway to redeem the CD key on the shitty UPlay client?!
LLShC.gif

glaurung

I liked the first Far Cry game a lot, even though the end was crap.

I never cared much for the second game, it still lingers on my Steam library and I have a PS3 copy around here somewhere. FC2 took itself too seriously at times and the perma-death allies were no fun.

I spent the entirety of yesterday just playing FC3 on PC. It's amazing. I just wandered off and started upgrading my gear, capturing radio towers and strongholds. It's just so good. And I haven't even gotten to the story missions yet.

The best bit was with taking over a stronghold that has a caged bear inside it. Obviously I sniped the cage door, leaned back and watched the enemies get mauled, one after another. Glorious. Then the local friendlies get there and the bear takes out one of them too. Heh.

Amazing game. And I strongly recommend the PC version. All the console ports are janky.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Best thing i did was scare a tiger so it ran towards where all those lovely red shirts were. Man did they have a bad day soon after.

Megasoum

Banned
So how do you access the deluxe edition stuff in game?

The monkey DLC, the Lost Expedition and the hunting DLC... Anybody know?

I can see the UPlay mission on the map but not the other ones.

Top Bottom