• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

I haven't been playing long, but I set out to find another radio tower pretty early and saw one of my guys turned into roadkill by bad guys in a jeep because he was skinning an animal on the road. His buddy freaks out. I walk on for a bit and see two of Vaas' men leading captives along the road. I take them out with two headshots but get into a heated firefight, I get overwhelmed and jump over a cliff into a lake. Under the water I find a cave with some great treasure. I follow the cave all the way through to the other side of the hill and spot an animal on the opposite side of the shore. It's a goat not a rabid dog so I relax, but suddenly a freaking crocodile jumps out in front of me and takes the goat back down with him.
Man, I am so looking forward to this game!

iNvid02

one of the many games that you dont want to look too closely at, has some horribly low res textures in some areas

but at 60fps roaming through trees and plants finding animals looks and feels awesome

Asking again because a page or two went by since I first asked. If I unlock with a VPN, the key/game will remain exactly the same as if I had waited for the official release, right? I got the Deluxe edition, so I'm wondering how getting the extra content will work. Also, will I have to say offline at all times, or just when I want to play Far Cry 3?

Sethos

Banned
you must not have ever been in a war. -__-

I'm sorry, could you tell me with your extensive knowledge of war, in which war do you find dudes decked out in IronMan armour with a Mark 1 welder's mask that's able to absorb 7.62 rounds at point blank range?

SJRB

Gold Member
Man, the main group of friends are indeed quite a bunch of douchebags. Especially that Oliver or Elliot or whatever the hell his name is, fucking stoner moron.

Props to the devs, they really nailed the "out of touch with the world spoiled rich kids with attitude" thing.

TheJerit

Asking again because a page or two went by since I first asked. If I unlock with a VPN, the key/game will remain exactly the same as if I had waited for the official release, right? I got the Deluxe edition, so I'm wondering how getting the extra content will work. Also, will I have to say offline at all times, or just when I want to play Far Cry 3?

I just went ahead and got the deluxe edition from steam. When it comes to games, I may like to be cheap, but also reasonable. This was def that. I would also like to know this as well. If it was answered, just point us to the page. I remember some talk about using that one vpn site awhile back, but I don't recall this question being answered. I'll go search the thread and if I come across something definitive, I'll post it.

I just went ahead and got the deluxe edition from steam. When it comes to games, I may like to be cheap, but also reasonable. This was def that. I would also like to know this as well. If it was answered, just point us to the page. I remember some talk about using that one vpn site awhile back, but I don't recall this question being answered. I'll go search the thread and if I come across something definitive, I'll post it.

I did a quick search but didn't find anything. Thanks, man.

TEH-CJ

Banned
This is the best the game has looked so far.

uRFEt.jpg

KuB3o.jpg

08X1Y.jpg

zTdKT.jpg

t2iw9.jpg

pCW2C.jpg

I'm sorry, could you tell me with your extensive knowledge of war, in which war do you find dudes decked out in IronMan armour with a Mark 1 welder's mask that's able to absorb 7.62 rounds at point blank range?

i see you haven't either, they've upgraded.

Sidzed2

3 hours in with the PS3 version, and I've come around - this game is really starting to become terrific. It's just so playable - good checkpoints, quick travel, persistence... Even the tearing and uneven framerate aren't bothering me anymore.

ironcreed

Banned
The game has such a clean look to it, if that makes sense. Anyway, keep the screens coming. They do make the wait harder, but I love seeing them all the same.

Decided to make the gamble and try and unlock it. I'll post results about the deluxe edition when I'm done. So far, it looks like they carry over fine. They're in my DLC list, at least.

The hell, am I almost at the end? People who've finished can you tell me?

Said bye to my friends and have to go meet up with Willis to go to Hoyt's Island

Worked fine. I'm in game right now and the Deluxe edition content got unlocked. You have to enter your key once in UPlay, and the once again in the options and then under exclusive content.

Megasoum

Banned
Man...this game's performance is really starting to piss me off. 60-70fps one day and 30 the next day...I just can't find what's causing that. Arghhh

Megasoum

Banned
You're still having performance issues? Is anything in your rig possibly going out on you?

Not as far as I know... It's really fucking weird. It was fine the first night. Then it was crap yesterday when I got back to work. After a couple of reboot I got it to run to 60-70 all night and it was perfect.

Now tonight I just can't get it to work....

I mean, it's still playable at 45-50 but it's pissing me off. Now it's personal lol.

I'm a noob at PC games.

But according to canirunit, I can't run this at max and barely over min (I got a Lenovo y580 with a GTX660x and i7 CPU).

Is that PS3 level or better? If it's better then I might get it for this otherwise I'd just get the ps3 version.

Looks pretty cool.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The whole constant press ESC for whenever you learn something new is fucking irritating as shit. Esp since the fact it doesnt go the fuck away if you leave it alone. Jesus christ UBI.

Badgerst3

tell me about the game editor and multiplayer on the 360?

Where will you find user created maps for mp? and will it save an otherwise lackluster mp experience?

Never used any sort of editor- should be fun making and testing some sp maps.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I noticed but I still think they're way out of place in a game like this. Them and those guys who rush you with machetes and are basically ripoffs of those Borderlands 2 enemies.

And those borderland 2 enemies were ripped out of some other game, by your logic.

You can go really far back. The machete guys might as well be ripoffs of Robotron 2084 enemies.

Nothing hasn't been done before in some way, shape, or form.

The whole constant press ESC for whenever you learn something new is fucking irritating as shit. Esp since the fact it doesnt go the fuck away if you leave it alone. Jesus christ UBI.

It goes away for me.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
And those borderland 2 enemies were ripped out of some other game, by your logic.

You can go really far back. The machete guys might as well be ripoffs of Robotron 2084 enemies.

Nothing hasn't been done before in some way, shape, or form.

It goes away for me.

Ive tried it multiple times it lingers way way too damned long. The game needs a "Im not a fucking idiot" option so that sort of stupid useless shit does not pop up.

Seriously if they are making a "Mature" game at least treat the player accordingly. Since this is just irritating bad design period.

Top Bottom