• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

Riposte

Oh you mean what crouch is now.

The idea of prone is crouch+1. Being more hidden.

Also you generally don't need to make your fire more stable. Recoil is very forgiving in this game. (Also fire fights are about a lot of mobility. Moving to flanks is rewarded greatly since enemies don't follow you perfectly.)

derFeef

I like this game, but the minimap can suck it.

8242010327_6247273175_h.jpg

Ragus

Banned
Hmm, I'm on chapter 8 and I've
already killed Vaas. Isn't it a little too soon? They hyped him so much before the release, and now he's dead and I still have like a few good hours of campaign.

Sethos

Banned
That's why we're all using printscreen now. Just try not to catch mountains in the background. Makes them look funny.

Print screen doesn't really remove it from the game :p I'm thinking he, like the rest of us, want it to pack its shit and go to the moon.

legacyzero

Banned
But theres one main thing I can agree with Sethos on. The "quests" aren't really "QUESTS" so to speak. Which I really hate.

Games like Majoras Mask and Skyrim got Side Quests right. They have meaning, story, dialogue, etc.

This games idea of side quests are more like mini games. Drive this ATV here, kill this guy there, hunt this animal. Weak sauce.

And island this big and crazy, and you seriously couldn't put together a shit ton of side quests revolving around some of the unknown people on the island? Like the crazy lady outside the weapon shop?

Print screen doesn't really remove it from the game :p I'm thinking he, like the rest of us, want it to pack its shit and go to the moon.
I think there's been enough bitching on the Ubi forum that I hope they take notice. But it's Ubisoft, so holding your breath isn't recommended.

Sethos

Banned
But theres one main thing I can agree with Sethos on. The "quests" aren't really "QUESTS" so to speak. Which I really hate.

Games like Majoras Mask and Skyrim got Side Quests right. They have meaning, story, dialogue, etc.

This games idea of side quests are more like mini games. Drive this ATV here, kill this guy there, hunt this animal. Weak sauce.

And island this big and crazy, and you seriously couldn't put together a shit ton of side quests revolving around some of the unknown people on the island? Like the crazy lady outside the weapon shop?

Yeah but I wouldn't even need all the 'side fluff' to be quests per say, I don't mind mini-games but they have to be varied and fun. The game has "Go there, kill commander with knife", "Go there, kill X animal with this weapon we give you", "Drive vehicle through 5 flares" and then they just saturated a MASSIVE island with the exact same quests. After the first 5 you just go "Why?".

They could have cut the island in half and spent all that time making actual side quests, making mini-games more varied and possibly more fun and maybe also added some details to the island that makes you want to explore, bunkers you could explore, hidden doors and massive caves. That is so far in between and when you finally find a cave it's the size of a cardboard box and has a loot crate with a used syringe worth $15.

Was walking on the beach the other day and saw a bunker door leading into the terrain, in true open world fashion I was getting ready to find treasure and amazement ... It was a locked static object. The only amazing places are places you are forced through at some point in the story line.

Honestly that is really my main complaint that makes me bitter.

legacyzero

Banned
Yeah but I wouldn't even need all the 'side fluff' to be quests per say, I don't mind mini-games but they have to be varied and fun. The game has "Go there, kill commander with knife", "Go there, kill X animal with this weapon we give you", "Drive vehicle through 5 flares" and then they just saturated a MASSIVE island with the exact same quests. After the first 5 you just go "Why?".

They could have cut the island in half and spent all that time making actual side quests, making mini-games more varied and possibly more fun and maybe also added some details to the island that makes you want to explore, bunkers you could explore, hidden doors and massive caves. That is so far in between and when you finally find a cave it's the size of a cardboard box and has a loot crate with a used syringe worth $15.

Was walking on the beach the other day and saw a bunker door leading into the terrain, in true open world fashion I was getting ready to find treasure and amazement ... It was a locked static object. The only amazing places are places you are forced through at some point in the story line.

Honestly that is really my main complaint that makes me bitter.

Future DLC expansion?

MYE

I'm not a big fan of the black aura/shadow thing they put in everything in this game. I think Deus EX: HR also has this (might be wrong).

Looks a bit wierd.

I have no idea when my Newegg preorder will arrive :(

I'm getting worried; normally I get my order confirmation by 7am the day before release from Newegg. It's 12 hours later and still nothing. I may be compelled to give up the preorder discount just so I can get started on launch day.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm getting worried; normally I get my order confirmation by 7am the day before release from Newegg. It's 12 hours later and still nothing. I may be compelled to give up the preorder discount just so I can get started on launch day.

I was thinking the same. I got my Dishonored confirmation way before this.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

If you have enough money to cover the cost of the extra copy, you can just buy a copy and get a refund with your newegg copy.

Man, the knife throw skill makes the assasination quests soooooo much easier. Can't get close to the captain pirate you have to knife? Just take out someone within sight of the captain and then R1 a knife into his face. Awesome. Generally, all the takedown skills combined (chain takedowns, air takedowns, knife takedowns, grenade takedowns) make the game so much easier to play like a lunatic. Most of the time now when liberating outposts, I scout out all the guards, stealth in and then just start knifing people.

Chain takedown or knife throw takedown? Decisions, decisions...

Karamsoul

Anyone ordering from Newegg; did your copy get sent out yet? I pre-ordered months ago and it's still in the "Pending per-order" stage. :p

hwy_61

Banned
I believe this is the first game I buy on steam at retail price, you guys. The preloading feature is pretty awesome.

So this unlocks on Steam at midnight Eastern time for North America? Hope so. I'm going out tonight, and I was hoping to stumble home drunk and get into it.

Spat_triate

Has anyone successfully done the Gunslinger Takedown yet? Maybe I'm reading the instructions wrong but I keep doing the Knife Throw instead.

SpaceHorror

So this unlocks on Steam at midnight Eastern time for North America? Hope so. I'm going out tonight, and I was hoping to stumble home drunk and get into it.

Timer says 1pm EST and I've read people saying that this is the confirmed time for the release. No links though so maybe take it with a hopeful grain of salt.

Is the timer on steam ever wrong when it comes to midnight unlocks?

Megasoum

Banned
Man the low/mid range scopes REALLY sucks... The sniper is fine but the red dot/optic on an assault Rifle are just useless... The dot/blue pip are so fucking huge they completly cover the view and hide the enemy.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Don't tell me it's terrible...
I haven't even played it yet. I've been prepared for a terrible ending for this since the whole insanity angle and Vaas were shown off.

Just speculation:
If it turns out you're actually Vaas I'm going to rage so hard.

MYE

I haven't even played it yet. I've been prepared for a terrible ending for this since the whole insanity angle and Vaas were shown off.

Just speculation:
If it turns out you're actually Vaas I'm going to rage so hard.

I dont see how that is possible

Top Bottom