• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

MYE

If it was I'd expect a lot more angry posts about the ending, most people that have beat it just seem either shocked or discombobulated by the ending.

Good! Good!
As long as it isnt boring, awesome.

I'm only on my 16th mission so I have a long way to go till I see it anyway :p
edit: I have no idea how so many people already beat it though. Christ!

Megasoum

Banned
legacyzero...just got to the part you were talking about earlier. It is a really good scene. About time Vaas is back. I missed him!

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah, best bad guy in a while, even though I have a soft spot for the bad guy from Black Ops 2.

Ok actually that whole section is kinda frustrating... I'm on my 4th retry now. It's going a lot better this time (disabled the alarm and went in all stealth) but I have a super annoying bug. The waterfall effect is stuck on my screen! So even if I'm all the way inside the village I still have water falling on my head....really annoying.

legacyzero

Banned
Ok actually that whole section is kinda frustrating... I'm on my 4th retry now. It's going a lot better this time (disabled the alarm and went in all stealth) but I have a super annoying bug. The waterfall effect is stuck on my screen! So even if I'm all the way inside the village I still have water falling on my head....really annoying.
Just remember to hit "LAST CHECKPOINT" and not "RESTART MISSION" if you fail that.

Otherwise you get the SPEECH again. Ironic since he preaches to you about doing things "OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN"

Woo-Fu

Banned
The ending is heavily foreshadowed, shouldn't surprise anybody who has been paying attention throughout the game.

When the Uplay servers crumble under the load later on this evening remember that you can set Uplay to offline mode.

legacyzero

Banned
The ending is heavily foreshadowed, shouldn't surprise anybody who has been paying attention throughout the game.

When the Uplay servers crumble under the load later on this evening remember that you can set Uplay to offline mode.

I certainly hope the MP servers fill up.

Been a pain to tray to play online with only like 300 people online :lol

legacyzero

Banned
HOLY SHIT the lighting in the Map Editor!

http://www.twitch.tv/legacyzero

i8tb3Hmi2CCis.png

DTKT

Anyone has any experience with Gamefly? I bought it from them with the 20% off but I have no idea if it's a Steam key or if it uses their own client.

Does it unlock at the same time for everyone?

legacyzero

Banned
Anyone has any experience with Gamefly? I bought it from them with the 20% off but I have no idea if it's a Steam key or if it uses their own client.

Does it unlock at the same time for everyone?

Game is not Steam works on PC. So if you want it on Steam, you buy it on Steam =/

The endings make perfect sense, but that doesn't change the shock factor of either. There is one issue I have with them, but its something that can easily be forgiven and explained away.

In honor of this game being available world wide soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR_u9rvFKzE

That song and mission worked so well together probably one of the best song/game sequence pairing since the songs for riding to specific story beats in RDR.

There's multiple endings?

Picking this up tomorrow. Kinda snuck up on me.

I hope the story doesn't suck. I'm really interested in the story/insanity angle.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I finally got charged from Newegg. No chance of getting it tomorrow since it still hasn't shipped. I don't think it's going to get here until Thursday at the earliest and I'm leaving town for a week shortly after that. Damn.

SpaceHorror

Aww dammit :( you're right
So not till 1pm tomorrow for me, 13.5 hours >.<

Yeah, it sucks, haha.

I was hoping to play the game tonight since I don't have work tomorrow until 3pm EST. But now I'll be getting it just before I have to leave for work. D'oh.

I liked the Kanye - Power song on Saints Row 3 as well. I wanna replay that mission again in FC3, though. So awesome.
I liked the use of power in the trailer, but not so much in game. I thought the use of "I Need a Hero" was spot on for the ending though.

Not if it bombs horribly. Which is a possibility, the game debuted at #2 in Europe, behind Hitman.
Its probably not going to be a mega hit, but I suspect it might be this years Saints Row in that word of mouth will really help it out. I expect another Far Cry to show up at some point.

legacyzero

Banned
hey legacy im watching you stream, but i don't want to log in using my facebook. Have you found a way to make the water tiles smaller? They are too big and annoying.

Unfortunately I dont think you can =/

I think that's more of a technical issue :(

The ending seems slapped together and nonsensical. It kind of just ends. During the campaign they tease you with lots of interesting possibilities for twists and bold developments, but they don't end up having the balls to go forward with any of them.

Thankfully, the storyline isn't the centerpiece here, and the gameplay itself is incredibly fun.

legacyzero

Banned
boulderdash!!!! what about making it completely dark? I want a cave too be dark but there is this constant ambient light.

I think the ambient light is a good thing. Far Cry 2 maps were always so DARK. And lack of lighting in FC2 made it worse.

Megasoum

Banned
Nice bug...so if you rebind your crouch...for example to CTRL you parachute will still open with the C key...even if the prompt on screen will tell you "Press CTRL".

Good job ubi!

Top Bottom