• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

Holy crap!
Burning the drug crops!
So funny and awesome!

Lvtzw.jpg
Poor guy just lost his wife, girlfriend, or someone.

Just discovered the joy of archery...... this fucking game man... it's incredible.

Awesome knife throw takedown? Yup.
rambo3.jpg

Archery headshot? Yup.
Rambo_2-Bow.jpg

Stalking your prey in a jungle like a badass predator? Yup.
1000679571_468.jpg

Big guns? Well that goes without saying.
rambo.jpg

RAMBO SIMULATOR CONFIRMED.

Just discovered the joy of archery...... this fucking game man... it's incredible.

rambo3.jpg

Archery headshot? Yup.
Rambo_2-Bow.jpg

1000679571_468.jpg

rambo.jpg

Except Rambo wasn't a fratboy douche ass.

Wait until you get explosive arrows.
Oh yeah I unlocked that last night, you just reminded me to try it out, I'll get right on it.

I was testing out my newly acquired flamethrower and started a forest fire, WHAT HAVE I DONE!!? THOSE POOR ANIMALS!!
I was actually worried that I would burn down the entire island when I saw the fire started to spread from bushes and bushes, haha.

Burnt dog.
farcry32012-12-0300-29-36-70.png
Only PC gets burnt corpses? I killed some pirates with the flamethrower on the PS3 but their bodies just end up the same as all the other regular gun kill. Or do you only get burnt corpses with rocket launchers?

Except Rambo wasn't a fratboy douche ass.
Ha yeah I decided to role-play Rambo when I'm not on a story mission.
A Rambo game with this template would be cool though. Wasn't there talk of a new Rambo game? I hope they won't pull another The Expendables 2 Videogame on us.

rambo3.jpg

Archery headshot? Yup.
Rambo_2-Bow.jpg

1000679571_468.jpg

rambo.jpg

This is how I plan to play the game.

So are the extra missions that the preorder bonus give you worthwhile?

I get off work in a couple hrs(east coast US) and was thinking of stopping at Walmart on my way home and skipping out on my preorder bonus At GS if the missions weren't that good...unless of course the bonus content is a code on the receipt?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Finally a coupon that works for us North Americans. Gamefly is offering a 20% off coupon that works on the PC digital download edition (deluxe or standard) of Far Cry 3.

Code is NOV20OFF

I just got the Deluxe for $47.99. :)

Omni

Wish this game would stop freezing (On Xbox). Tried playing from disc and HDD and it just freezes at random intervals.

If I had to review the game, instead of a 9/10 I'd award it a 6.5/10 because of the freezes alone. Nothing worse travelling 4+km to the mission and to have it freeze - effectively sending you back.

Wish this game would stop freezing (On Xbox). Tried playing from disc and HDD and it just freezes at random intervals.

If I had to review the game, instead of a 9/10 I'd award it a 6.5/10 because of the freezes alone. Nothing worse travelling 4+km to the mission and to have it freeze - effectively sending you back.

It never froze on me once in the 10 hours I have been playing. You either have a bad copy or your console is about to die.

Klocker

how old is your xbox? could be going south actually

No freezing here in 10 hours. Either xbox or game is having issues.

Omni

It never froze on me once in the 10 hours I have been playing. You either have a bad copy or your console is about to die.

how old is your xbox? could be going south actually

No freezing here in 10 hours. Either xbox or game is having issues.

About a year old. Every other game I own works fine. Might be the disc... but I don't know. There aren't any scratches on it or anything. It only started freezing when I got to sequence 5/6. I've put about 17 hours into it

Amagon

rambo3.jpg

Archery headshot? Yup.
Rambo_2-Bow.jpg

1000679571_468.jpg

rambo.jpg

I like the way you think.

Okay story question duders
I assume you kill Vaas in a drug induced rage? How much of this sequence was Jason tripping balls? As in how much was legit and how much was just BS. Like did he actually get Citra's cookie? Actually nevermind. Seeing how hard they're riding the Mighty Whitey trope I'll assume he did.

Game is great some parts kill me though, like

Citra - "Tribal" accent
Tatau/Rakyat - Australian
Vaas - Spanish

I don't even. And I really can't stand Jason at all, like if it wasn't for the fact that's who I play ass, I'd love to see him killed repeatedly. But alas, he's the trustfund baby frat douche ass from Santa Monica who is OBVIOUSLY the chosen one to liberate these poor tribal people from their oppressors >.>

Nome

Okay story question duders
I assume you kill Vaas in a drug induced rage? How much of this sequence was Jason tripping balls? As in how much was legit and how much was just BS. Like did he actually get Citra's cookie? Actually nevermind. Seeing how hard they're riding the Mighty Whitey trope I'll assume he did.

Game is great some parts kill me though, like

Citra - "Tribal" accent
Tatau/Rakyat - Australian
Vaas - Spanish

I don't even. And I really can't stand Jason at all, like if it wasn't for the fact that's who I play ass, I'd love to see him killed repeatedly. But alas, he's the trustfund baby frat douche ass from Santa Monica who is OBVIOUSLY the chosen one to liberate these poor tribal people from their oppressors >.>
I don't think Jason is THAT bad. There was a huge missed opportunity with having him not visually evolve though. It'd be awesome if you could see your own reflection at times, and it'd gradually get grimier, darker, and you'd see your demeanor change.

Sethos

Banned
This Map Editor seems so basic. Isn't it possible to add vegetation collision or a 'cut off' limit when you place it near walls etc. so it doesn't poke through?

Also, I can run the game close to maxed out at 2560x1600 with my GPU barely working. When I open up this editor which runs in a window and displays a green plate of terrain on "Low" settings my GPU is working like hell.

I don't think Jason is THAT bad. There was a huge missed opportunity with having him not visually evolve though. It'd be awesome if you could see your own reflection at times, and it'd gradually get grimier, darker, and you'd see your demeanor change.

Nah...I would like him to die. I would have liked Jason much more if he was like some guy down on hard times who was exploring the world or something and falls into these people. But the whole trustfund fratboy douche box angle seriously makes me hate him. Here's a novel idea, how about a descent from the tribe who goes back for family reasons and liberates his own people? Sorry Jason and the story angle they're playing him REALLY bother me.

Ignore my rant, it's partially alcohol induced.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah Jason needs to die something hard.

Beat the game and must say have 0 interest in going back to the SP. Esp with what a piece of shit character Jason is.

All of the bad guys had more personality than this loser.

Sethos

Banned
I keep thinking "Man I feel bad for the Americans still waiting for the game to release, it's some grade A bullshit".

Then I remember I'm from Europe and have had years of this crap, then I let out an evil chuckle.

Frillen

Ending was fucked up. Haha. Had to check
the other ending on youtube.

Are Ubisoft trying to set a new world record with their games when it comes to the credits? Had to be over 20 minutes. And I've heard the newest Ghost Recon was even longer.

Top Bottom