• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

Omni

Gotta love those kiwi accents, mate.
Haha, something about it makes it unpleasant to listen to, IMO.

lol not even close, that's as close to Australia as you can possibly be pretty much without actually being in Australia :p

Maybe if he said Norway or something.
I know where New Zealand is in relation to Australia (I'm Australian). What I meant was that the accents don't even sound remotely similar. :)

Being a Kiwi living in London for 11 years, the accents in the game can be rather jarring, but still rather nice to here a random Kia ora from time to time.

Just got to Kick the Hornets Nest last night...so good.

Mikeside

The only weapon I paid for was the bow.
Wish I could just get something like 50 arrows along with 10/20 of each special and not have to switch to my other weapons when I run out like I do now :(

The only weapon I paid for was the bow.
Wish I could just get something like 50 arrows along with 10/20 of each special and not have to switch to my other weapons when I run out like I do now :(

Remember you can get your arrows back from walking over the dead bodies with arrows still in them.

Oh man.

I typically do not like first-person-shooters. Which is why this game is surprising me so fucking much. I haven't even touched the main quest line. I'm just wandering around, finding little encounters and oddities. Upgrading my bow and silenced pistol... man. I love how you don't have to use a certain weapon type if you don't want to. Automatic weapons are never a preference, which is why it's nice that the game lets you fuck around completely silent if you want.

Quick story: I was trying to clear out a stronghold when a fucking tiger randomly wandered in and killed a good 3/4 of the guys in the base. It left shortly after and my bow made short work of the remaining enemies.

So fucking good.

Ugh, this game is pretty damn ugly on the 360....

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but the game is gorgeous. 360 version. I haven't noticed any of this talk about tearing or low frame rates. The game plays smooth enough and looks better than almost any other console game I've played.

Sometimes I think we're just looking for reasons to complain.

Sure there are some texture fuck-ups here and there, but considering it's seven-year-old hardware, it's beautiful.

Linius

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but the game is gorgeous. 360 version. I haven't noticed any of this talk about tearing or low frame rates. The game plays smooth enough and looks better than almost any other console game I've played.

Sure there are some texture fuck-ups here and there, but considering it's seven-year-old hardware, it's beautiful.

I've only encountered noticable screen tearing once in the 360 version. I think the game looks great indeed.

7he Talon

One of the best moment in the whole game is when: (seriously, don't read the spoilers unless you've finished the game)
you're in the helicopter on the last mission and "Ride of the Valkyries starts playing....
amazing.

At times it can certainly look great...but most of the time the pop-in, jaggies and some awful textures really drag it all down.

The draw distance is pretty poor and the framerate drags it down even further. At least the character models are fantastic...

Ledsen

Sadly the tearing and low framerates (sub-25 fps) are a fact, check out Digital Foundry's comparison. If you don't notice it, consider yourself lucky. It's an inexcusably bad port, it actually runs worse than Lords of Shadow.

comrade

Remember you can get your arrows back from walking over the dead bodies with arrows still in them.

The bow is the one weapon I never run out of ammo with thanks to this. Not saying I never miss, because I definitely do, but even then the arrows are in the general location of what I was shooting at so it's easy to get the majority of them back.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah as others have said you pretty do kill the game if you go and take over all the bases. Since literally you will be left with nothing to kill asides from spawns in sub quests / the special DLC missions. Well and the animals.

At times it can certainly look great...but most of the time the pop-in, jaggies and some awful textures really drag it all down.

The draw distance is pretty poor and the framerate drags it down even further. At least the character models are fantastic...

Don't get me wrong, I can definitely see where the PC version of this game would shine, but as it stands I think Ubi made a good enough effort on the console versions to make whatever is immediately in front of your POV look as good as possible. I can look at a hill in the distance with low-res grass/tree textures but as long as what's in front of me is decent and runs smooth enough, I'm happy.

spekkeh

Banned
I got it for free from a radio tower.

Yeah same for me. I came with a flamethrower equipped to that guy.

"I have the most awesome thing ever, it's a......

wait for it.........

wait for it.......

FLAMETHROWER"

greaaaaat.

Let me unequip my current one.

spekkeh

Banned
Sadly the tearing and low framerates (sub-25 fps) are a fact, check out Digital Foundry's comparison. If you don't notice it, consider yourself lucky. It's an inexcusably bad port, it actually runs worse than Lords of Shadow.

Yeah I'm hundred percent in the gameplay and artstyle over graphics camp. And would also choose sfx > fps any day. But even I had to seriously get accustomed to the constant flickering/juddering and screen tearing. Actually made me feel a bit queasy at times. Took me hours to notice it less.

Frillen

Yeah, at the start of the game I was constantly wondering why my health was so low. But then I realised that even falling 3 feet will impact your health.

Goddamn, lost 3 bouts of poker in a row. Bye, bye 750 hard earned dollars. Thought this would be a nice quick way to score some cash so i can buy those signature weapons, but NOPE :(

Do those cards you pick up as loot do anything?

Darklord

Banned
That mission where you follow the guy in the white suit in the village. Why the fuck do missions like that exist? They need to be eradicated from ALL games! Too far away "I'M GONNA LOSE HIM!" too close "lol restart". And he walks as fast as an old man in a grocery store.

Dabanton

That mission where you follow the guy in the white suit in the village. Why the fuck do missions like that exist? They need to be eradicated from ALL games! Too far away "I'M GONNA LOSE HIM!" too close "lol restart". And he walks as fast as an old man in a grocery store.

Haha they exist in nearly every open world game. It must be a law.

Though that misson did have a cool ending.

Megasoum

Banned
So what is the predator pack exactly? I know about the M-700 rifle but what about those "special" animals? Are they just randomly spawned in the world or they actually added missions to hunt them?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
That wasn't annoying at all, besides it's the first and only time the game tells you to do that. I loved that mission personally (except the follow part).

spekkeh

Banned
That wasn't annoying at all, besides it's the first and only time the game tells you to do that. I loved that mission personally (except the follow part).

The part that was annoying though was the large yellow dot the moment you enter the village. I need to find the guy from my dreams, where could he be. Where [BLINK BLINK] could [HEY LISTEN] he [OVER HERE] be? FFS Ubi, give us some autonomy to search for the guy.

chogidogs

No spoiler thread yet? Just finised it.

I was ecpexting something crazy, but it never came. Seriously thought the game ended when Vas stabbed you but apparently not.

Will I ever need these tortoise shells or vulture feathers for something or should I just sell them? Felt kinda bad for shooting that tortoise :(

Top Bottom