• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

ironcreed

Banned
I'm so torn between playing this, Kerbal Space Program, AC3, Dark Souls, ARMA2. Dishonored, RAGE, and pCARS :(

Don't feel bad, my backlog has turned into a monster with long fangs and it snarls at me every time I buy and start playing a new game. Today is no different, but hey, it is going to have to wait. Nothing I want to play more than this right now.

Dabanton

Finally did an outpost without being seen so I can use 'ninja step' when it opens up in my skills.

Came to one base to do it earlier and they had 4 pitbulls which smelt me and gave chase.

I hope Ubi is going to be doing some DLC for this game the islands are too interesting to just leave here, I'd want an option that repopulates all the enemy bases back.

Andrew.

Banned
Installing now! (PS3 version ). Will post thoughts in an hour.

Most likely within the first 20 minutes in all seriousness though..

Since it's the official release date in US. I'll post my video review since it was late the other day when I posted. My reviews are def not for everyone though but my small GAF fanbase will enjoy. No major spoilers. Some cool footage. Game is rock solid imo. Anxiously awaiting to see what other gaf members think of Far Cry 3.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have some console multiplayer reviews? The only way I can get my friends to buy this if it had a good multiplayer.

Finally did an outpost without being seen so I can use 'ninja step' when it opens up in my skills.

Came to one base to do it earlier and they had 4 pitbulls which smelt me and gave chase.

I hope Ubi is going to be doing some DLC for this game the islands are too interesting to just leave here, I'd want an option that repopulates all the enemy bases back.

That would be awesome.

ironcreed

Banned
Since it's the official release date in US. I'll post my video review since it was late the other day when I posted. My reviews are def not for everyone though but my small GAF fanbase will enjoy. No major spoilers. Some cool footage. Game is rock solid imo. Anxiously awaiting to see what other gaf members think of Far Cry 3.

Very entertaining review for what looks like an amazing game. Will be starting after my copy arrives later on today. Thank you.

legacyzero

Banned
Haha wow, this is crazy.

Does the editor have tanks as assets? Can't have Groznyj Grad without that parking place filled with tank columns.
Thankfully yes. I remember having to build a tank from scratch in FC2. Pain in the ass!

The lot will have tanks though :)
Looks great. I hope you plan on making a video walkthrough with this map or something. I'd love to see it in action.
yeah. I'm gonna do one for the ubi gold nominations that are happening on the ubi forum right now. I hope to be done by the end od the week.

I'm kinda bummed to hear so many saying Jason is a d-bag and wholly unlikable. He's the main character, that sucks. I hope it doesn't taint my enjoyment too much.

I'm kinda bummed to hear so many saying Jason is a d-bag and wholly unlikable. He's the main character, that sucks. I hope it doesn't taint my enjoyment too much.

Most of those people saying this are idiots.

The story is quite refreshing and the behaviour of the characters more believable than the generic shit other developers call a "story".

Megasoum

Banned
Wait..... newer than the latest beta drivers?

They have a new set of beta drivers as of today but the patch notes on the official sites are still about the old release lol. 310.70 came out today and patch notes is for 310.64.

The story is quite refreshing and the behaviour of the characters more believable than the generic shit other developers call a "story".

Totally agree...and anyway, the leader of "those people" was banned this morning lol.

Andrew.

Banned
What a fucking intro.
experiencing Grants death and then escaping.
. Vaas's voice actor is great and overall the voice acting is damn good.

Fcuk you Goldrusher =P

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Dont read the spoiler if you have not played the game obviously.

You know Im surprised that the DJ didnt seem to be one of the enemy characters you off in the game as he was the one who suggested the whole skydiving onto the island bit. Gave the impression he was in with the bad guys and all that. Wonder if its one of the sub quests you meet up with him. Since the drugs vanished after that last flashback scene Im guessing you never really find out as the drugs never reappeared to show more flashbacks of the events leading up to what happened.

iNvid02

the va for the brody guy felt really genuine to me, pretty much all of the other characters are believable too which is really important - i actually believe his friends are douche bags - they nailed that.

almost finished now but already its my fav FPS campaign this year, not a great accolade considering the state of the genre, but black ops 2 surprised me big time this year with a best in series campaign, this takes the cake though

Yeah about the story and characters. I found myself caring about Jason and seeing his journey as it progress. Don't worry folks. Much, much better then alot of other games when it comes to this stuff. I never felt the main character came off as a douche bag either. Never. Well cept the short intro but that quickly changes.

skarabrae

Banned
Can't wait to get my copy. Waiting for Best Buy to email me my "come pick up your stuff" email and I'll be headed over!

EDIT: What's the concensus regarding the console ports? Any distinguishable differences in the real world scenario (i.e. not Digital Foundry)?

ironcreed

Banned
Yeah about the story and characters. I found myself caring about Jason and seeing his journey as it progress. Don't worry folks. Much, much better then alot of other games when it comes to this stuff. I never felt the main character came off as a douche bag either. Never. Well cept the short intro but that quickly changes.

Considering the situation he is thrown into, I am betting it does indeed change. I can see them making you think he is some annoying spoiled rich kid at the start, but I think that is probably the point. In the unlikely hero sort of way. Can't wait.

Andrew.

Banned
What's weird is that Sethos got banned for shit talking and good ol' Derrick is banned too who also who most likely be shitting all over this game by now somehow, and by now I mean on the the fucking NA release day.

Ity's nice to see a brief overall positive atmosphere in here. Too bad it won't stick around for long as per usual =/

ironcreed

Banned
What's weird is that Sethos got banned for shit talking and good ol' Derrick is banned too who also who most likely be shitting all over this game by now somehow, and by now I mean on the the fucking NA release day.

Ity's nice to see a brief overall positive atmosphere in here. Too bad it won't stick around for long as per usual =/

To be fair, Derrick is a huge Far Cry fan and was really excited for this. Of course he may end up hating it for not being enough like Far Cry 2, which I think is probably a very good thing for most of us.

Dabanton

Sorry can someone confirm if Buck
is gay
I've had two missons with him so far and he seems to drop in the most hilarious asides.

To be fair, Derrick is a huge Far Cry fan and was really excited for this. Of course he may end up hating it for not being enough like Far Cry 2, which I think is probably a very good thing for most of us.

Yes. I know there is a good chunk of fans for FC2 and some of the appraches to gameplay. It was a flawed gem in alot of ways. Far Cry 3 is much more accessible and user friendly without being a total turd of a entry in the series. It takes some things away but "most" of those things are what people didn't like about Far Cry 2. I still think 3 could have some things tweaked but as far as the series progression, I feel this is one of few third entries to a game series that feels like stepping more foward then backwards.

Top Bottom