• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

-BLITZ-

Buhahahahah. First time when such a thing happens to me. So I started the game again and I encounter two pirates with one cage tiger among the beach. After the tiger killed them both, he suddenly start to run off from me until he wasn't on my screen anymore. Man, if I haven't ran after him half of Amanaki beach, wasting three clips, two grenades, and one molotov and he wasn't dying, until two pack of jeeps heard me and I finally died with the tiger escaped. How could this be, everytime I meet a tiger, I knew I was dead, he could see me from a mile away, but this guy ...

He knew that I gonna skin him :)

Grisby

2 questions guys:

1)Where can I find those birds, cassa something, for the third wallet upgrade?

2)Does co-op stuff take place after the main game? Was gonna dig into it but was wondering about the story bits.

Early heavies yes, flamethrower/late game heavies no, they have armor plating there :/ I usually carry around the grenade launcher and 2 shots to the body will take one out if i can't get close enough to do a takedown

I've only just reached the second island so haven't encountered a heavy it didn't work on yet. Thanks for the heads up though.

Here's a pro tip for the third time you visit Citra:
put it on easy 'cause there's a fucking annoying boss

okay a noob tip, because you guys are the best.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Early heavies yes, flamethrower/late game heavies no, they have armor plating there :/ I usually carry around the grenade launcher and 2 shots to the body will take one out if i can't get close enough to do a takedown

If you got the 50 cal 1 shot to the head should take em out.

Salsa

I dont like that the skills are locked according to your story mission progress

I wanna keep doing stupid shit dammit. I have 5 skill points and nothing to put them on

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I dont like that the skills are locked according to your story mission progress

I wanna keep doing stupid shit dammit. I have 5 skill points and nothing to put them on

Just blast ahead in the story and dont touch any of the bases before hand. So you can unlock all the wonderful new skills and test the combat related ones on the enemies who are still wandering about. Its what I did.

FStop7

Banned
I've decided to pretty much ignore the story and play the game as Brock Samson.

brock-samson-sp.jpg

Is anyone else experiencing a glitch where a molotov is stuck in your hand and arm at all times? I tried reloading and it's still there, even during cutscenes...

Is anyone else experiencing a glitch where a molotov is stuck in your hand and arm at all times? I tried reloading and it's still there, even during cutscenes...
No but I've had some similar glitches with weapon selection. I would do a take down and then when I regrip my weapon it would be auto firing and I couldn't turn it off.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Buhahahahah. First time when such a thing happens to me. So I started the game again and I encounter two pirates with one cage tiger among the beach. After the tiger killed them both, he suddenly start to run off from me until he wasn't on my screen anymore. Man, if I haven't ran after him half of Amanaki beach, wasting three clips, two grenades, and one molotov and he wasn't dying, until two pack of jeeps heard me and I finally died with the tiger escaped. How could this be, everytime I meet a tiger, I knew I was dead, he could see me from a mile away, but this guy ...

He knew that I gonna skin him :)

He probably said "Fuck dat noise... ain't getting skinned today" ;)

Jtrizzy

Ha ha don't feel too bad I missed them for a few hours myself. Also remember that there are boar and pigs, their icons are the same but face in different directions to distinguish one from the other.

Salsa

You can keep playing after finishing the main story quests.

Just blast ahead in the story and dont touch any of the bases before hand. So you can unlock all the wonderful new skills and test the combat related ones on the enemies who are still wandering about. Its what I did.

See I never do this. I like advancing at my own pace through the story while still wrecking shit as I go along. Having the story stuff to do is a nice balance for when you're a bit bored of free roaming

Megasoum

Banned
Just finished the game...it's all right... Nothing amazing but at the same time, it's not like it's offensive like Klepek said...

Gonna restart and cheat like a mofo I think. Have this compulsion to finish the campaign before I go messing with anything else. Even if the ending does turn out to suck.

Good thing you can alt tab and the cutscenes keep playing. Bad that you can't skip them.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
okay, where the fuck are the boars

I seriously haven't seen a single one of them. One time I thought I had one, but it was just a painted pig. Fuckkkk

Kimodo Dragons have to be the most scary thing in a game since deadspace. I was running from a conflict last night and could just hear the little bastards. Suddenly 4 of em come out of nowhere chasing a goat and chase after me instead.

Then of course enemies join in and your whole plan just goes to shit.

So much fun :)

Anyone aware of a bug where you can't select a weapon? Just made it to the second island and I'm pretty much defenceless. When I go to pick up a fallen weapon it shows I have something to swap but it won't let me. Happens even after a restart.

Can't even use a knife or throw a grenade (which I'm carrying when I scroll wheel)

edit. Seems that others have had it, but no solution yet. http://forums.gametrailers.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1341543 same problem, second island.

jiffy38

Can anyone give a solid impression on the playability of the 360 version? The praise for this game makes me want to grab it but is it unplayable? Full price for this makes me wary about still getting my money's worth.

maomaoIYP

Really disappointing that you can't put C4 onto a car.

Erm. You totally can. C4 on car, jump off as it flies into outpost = WIN.

Also anyone who's beaten the story want to discuss the plot?
I'm thinking that Jason never survived the first time he took a drink from the pot, and that the rest of the story occurs in his head. Everything from that point onwards borders on surreal and straight out weird. Especially the fights with Vaas and Hoyt. A lot of things don't really make sense or add up.

Discovered that restarting from the beginning is boring as hell, cheating doesn't really help with that, will probably take like 6 hours to get back to where I was, so I'm just gonna stop. Gonna mess around with the editor and user maps until things hopefully fix themselves.
Anyone aware of a bug where you can't select a weapon? Just made it to the second island and I'm pretty much defenceless. When I go to pick up a fallen weapon it shows I have something to swap but it won't let me. Happens even after a restart.

Can't even use a knife or throw a grenade (which I'm carrying when I scroll wheel)

edit. Seems that others have had it, but no solution yet. http://forums.gametrailers.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1341543 same problem, second island.
I had the opposite happen. Gear and ammo disappeared but I could restock everything (except the camera) at the magical gun station.

Top Bottom