• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

But I did not call you that. My god, man. I just said that I am not about to bitch because I personally have been given more than enough. I never crticized you or called you that. Here is my quote:

"Hey, we get a single player editor, a multiplayer editor, multipayer, a co-op campaign and a massive high quality and open world single player experience that is the cream of the crop. Wish games like Skyrim or Red Dead included all that. I am just not one to bitch because even more options were not added. Just glad to get all that we got, which is a lot. "To each their own".

No disrespect, which should be obvious.
i saw it as you saying you're not, which implies that I am.. where i'm from, "only bicce's bicce"
i just don't like the word directed at me even offhand, but fair enough, i've gone off the rails enough, this an "it's not you, its me situation." I know you didn't mean to offend.

legacyzero

Banned
Groznyj Grad is MOVING ALONG!
iAp927E63H1mT.png

iKaMxFdZVq9Di.png

Pyronite

Does anyone know an actual island climate I can go, visit, and turn into a white man savior for?

I'm in love with this island. I want to be there.

For those who finished it, is there a point where you wish you stopped playing? I'm not sure I can be bothered to finish the story, it's already tailing off
once you finish off Vaas
. I'm just having fun going around, doing my own thing at this point. I don't want an already waning story to sour the experience.

I'm going to try and do a stealth C4 camp liberation. All in one rapid detonation. edit. Seems the AI goes nuts when you drop C4. Between this and not being able to attach it to a car, I wonder why they bothered including it at all.

Man just got this today and I've been hooked for 6 hours or so now. Few small nagging complaints like I cant stand the music when you're near enemies, its way too loud. Sure you can turn off the audio, but I like the ambient-ish music when you're exploring and stuff, but when I need to hear where enemies are its really obnoxious. Oh well.

And I swear Ubi just airlifted the map code from the AC games. :) Other than that, this game kicks ass.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I wish it would rain more often in the game, dunno why they made it so rare.

For those who finished it, is there a point where you wish you stopped playing? I'm not sure I can be bothered to finish the story, it's already tailing off
once you finish off Vaas
. I'm just having fun going around, doing my own thing at this point. I don't want an already waning story to sour the experience.

I'm going to try and do a stealth C4 camp liberation. All in one rapid detonation.
Well I've noticed that clearing out outposts and other things in small batches tends to be more fun. There are some good main missions near the end but I don't think you're going to see something drastically different than what you already saw. I suggest sticking to it though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I cant stand the music when you're near enemies, its way too loud. Sure you can turn off the audio, but I like the ambient-ish music when you're exploring and stuff, but when I need to hear where enemies are its really obnoxious. Oh well.

THIS

Since its fucking 2012 and this game does not have an actual volume slider for the music. On or Off REALLY GUYS?

I basically played my game with the music off thanks to this idiocy.

PC ver here.

And I swear Ubi just airlifted the map code from the AC games. :) Other than that, this game kicks ass.
Oh man, you have no idea how much I would love to be able to climb trees in FC3 just like in AC3 just so I can do the coolest looking Death from Above takedown from a tree every chance I get. Doing it off a zip line is dope as hell but there's rarely any enemy near a zip line. I tried doing it off a hang glider but it descended way too fast, hard to drop right on top of an enemy.

Parakeetman

I wish it would rain more often in the game, dunno why they made it so rare.

As mentioned before to someone else bringing up the same point you have they really must have made the code random, since during my whole time playing the game from start to finish it rained a fair amount. So it felt balanced.

You guys must just have bad luck or something?

It only rained for me once in probably a dozen hours of playtime. I figured it was only when you're out at sea 'cause I was on a boat at the time. Very pretty, underused for my play through.

Any of the signature weapons worth the cash? I barely loot bodies so they seem kinda overpriced to me.

JRW

As mentioned before to someone else bringing up the same point you have they really must have made the code random, since during my whole time playing the game from start to finish it rained a fair amount. So it felt balanced.

You guys must just have bad luck or something?

Nearly 15 hours in and it has only rained once (Briefly), Playing PC version.

KingKong

Ok maybe I'm dumb, but how do I enter the cave
on the mission after you escape the burning prison? Mission marker points somewhere near the top of the cliff but I don't see any way

Also, is it just me or do the side missions.. kind of suck? Taking over outposts is fun but I've been through 4 zones so far and the 'kill x creature' and 'kill boss with knife' and the 'race vehicle to location' missions are very easy and just kind of meh

Parakeetman

Thank god since the sights were garbage esp the rear lens reflection which is just stupid.

i just murdered a turtle.

The shells dont even sell for that much too. But at least it goes into the garbage to sell all at once category and not the irritating click a million times to sell category one by one.

I feel so bad. his home and his back is only worth ten dollars. he.. he even hid inside his shell when I walked up to him, but I shot him a hundred times with a light machinegun. I'm a monster.

Just walked past an enemy standing by a river when a crocodile jumped out and killed him. Randomness FTW!

I feel so bad. his home and his back is only worth ten dollars. he.. he even hid inside his shell when I walked up to him, but I shot him a hundred times with a light machinegun. I'm a monster.
image.php

Grisby

Couldn't get into a co-op match on the 360. Sat in my own lobby and waited but no one showed. :(

MP is COD in a jungle setting. It's eh.

Riposte

I'm trying to remember Far Cry 2 better... I should play it as to cement on my opinion on that comparison. How did the healing system work in FC2 again? Could you heal yourself to full without medicine?

Parakeetman

I'm trying to remember Far Cry 2 better... I should play it as to cement on my opinion on that comparison. How did the healing system work in FC2 again? Could you heal yourself to full without medicine?

Dont think so. It heals you up to the 2nd block I think is how it worked. Or at least I dont recall being able to go back to full in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF03s_DDAtw
The video is a joke btw on how the system "worked"

For those longing for some photography action, check out the quest in Bad town.

Closest we'll get to Beyond Good and Evil sequel we'll ever get from Ubisoft. Missed potential, the use of camera in this game imo.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Never actually played any of the other Far Cry games but this is a lot of fun so far, mostly just hunting around at the moment. Had a good standoff against some sharks on a barely usable small piece of rock in the water, ending with me swimming in a near death state to a full outpost that I stealthed through. I'm actually surprised at the marking and general stealth gameplay coming out so well for me.

Top Bottom