• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Far Cry is the new Assassin's Creed. Same shit every year or every other year.

Like someone else mentioned, this game is basically part 3 in a mountain setting. Strikes me as pretty lazy, honestly.

I imagine that people who haven't played part 3 will be quite enamored with the game, as the quality of the presentation is really damn good. The problem is that fans of the franchise, especially those who have played part 3, might feel this game is a bit stale.

While it's true that the game uses mostly the same systems, there's a lot more stuff going on now. For example, the wildlife is more aggressive, and the mini helicopter adds a lot to the game.

are there enough skill points to unlock all the skills? I dont understand, so far, why the skills are split into two different trees

ironcreed

Banned
Kyrat blows the tropical setting away. The overall visuals and atmosphere completely eclipse it. Even how the wildlife acts is an improvement.

Tall Paul

Grrr......FC4 turned up today....DAI on Friday...one of them needs to give and be a chrimbo gift....but which? Loved FC3 and still got sunset to get back into.

When I get the gyrocopter I'm going to MURDER those damn eagles. fuckers keep jacking me up....

Pro Question: can the rotor blades on the chopper kill enemies/animals?

From Kevin VanOrd's (Gamespot) review:

"Awful story, awful characters, questionable themes"

lol, sounds like the sequel to Far Cry 3 alright.

Is the story really worse than 3? I've only played 2 hours of it but so far the characters seem interesting, at least the ones I met like Amita, Sabal, and that little girl. Although I hear you meet some questionable people.

Tonight might be a takeout night, so close enough :p
Last night, I went home, cooked the Lady Boss a delicious dinner, and said "listen babe, I'm going to sit behind the computer for the rest of the night, disturb me at your own peril"... and then proceed to VPN into the game early and stay up until 3am.

Sushi Nao

I really hope Pagan Min doesn't go all Handsome Jack and try to threaten throughout the game on the cell phone. The character works best when he's ambiguously mencacing

aravuus

Holy shit was I glad when I realized the grenade launcher is considered a sidearm. Flying the chopper, raining exploding death upon everyone is so goddamn much fun

Shame the nades are super expensive though lol

Radec

Got the game, pretty great so far.

Got this bubble head for free as well together with the dlcs:
kkVrip4.jpg

I can't seem to redeem the dlcs codes though. :/

Got the game, pretty great so far.

Got this bubble head for free as well together with the dlcs:
kkVrip4.jpg

I can't seem to redeem the dlcs codes though. :/

Looks nice - I have the Hula girl Vas one.

I have the game upstairs but either this or DA:I need to be a Christmas present. TELL ME WHAT TO DO GUYS:( DA:I is out on Friday here for reference..

SJRB

Gold Member
Taking a quick break to stop by and say that the music in this game is goddamn amazing. Like seriously incredible.

Cliff Martinez, man. I've heard so much ambient music already that isn't even on the soundtrack, and it's all soooooo good.

God bless you Ubi for hiring Martinez to do the soundtrack.

Ambitious

The game's not here yet. In anticipation, I just played FC3 on my PS3 for a while. Jesus Christ, it's so ugly. Just awful. And the framerate...
From what I've seen so far, neither IQ nor FPS is a problem with FC4. Looking forward.

Aces&Eights

OK, so I got my first buzzer and flew it outside an outpost. Jumped off and took over the base. After, I flew it to a tower and died once taking the tower. Went back to where I had landed the buzzer and it was gone. So, if you die they disappear?

Also, fuck Honey Badgers and those damn green snakes. Seriously.

Edit: Riding the elephants is exactly what you think it would be. Fucking awesome. I got one and took over a base then proceeded to spend an hour just walking around on the cute little bugger. His floppy ears all wiggling as you move around is adorable. I'm on vacation for two weeks and this game is just what I needed. Think I will ehad down to the rhinos here later. They can't be that tough, right?

So what's the must have skills right off the bat?
my first upgrade was the +1 heath bar
second upgrade was whatever was first in line to get to have better hip firing accuracy
third upgrade was better hip firing accuracy

at the end of my play session last night I had 3 spare upgrade points which I did not spend... I will probably upgrade to elephant riding next.

JP

Far Cry 3 was one of my favourite games of all time but so far I'm just not really feeling this in the same way for some reason although I have only played it for about an hour or so on the PS4. I can;t be sure but I'm half remembering feeling the same way about the third game and I didn't really get into it properly until I was left in peace by the game to do whatever the hell I wanted, go wherever I wanted and had settled into the game

I expect/hope that's what will happen here too, I do have GTA V waiting on the hdd but I want to leave that until this starts working with me properly.

Spoo

So, if Uplay is down (which it appears to be) does that mean any unlocked weapons are inaccessible? If so, that's really dumb.

Far Cry 3 was one of my favourite games of all time but so far I'm just not really feeling this in the same way for some reason although I have only played it for about an hour or so on the PS4.
Keep going, the first two hours are really just all tutorial missions (mundane for a veteran of the series). Once you get out of the first zone, and capture a second tower... the game opens up.

So FC4 got shipped to my old address and I will be lucky to get it by Friday. I heard there was a demo so I downloaded it and it takes you to a screen that says buy the full game or ask a friend for a keys to kyrat code. Wtf?

Edit: I know the keys to kyrat codes were for allowing people without the game to join you but to lock the demo out with them as well? God damn.

Top Bottom