• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Did they end up implementing split-screen local co-op? The last articles I found online were from June and basically said "probably not, but it's still in development."

Loving it so far. More of the same, but that same is ohh so good. Gyrocopter is awesome, I want one.
Hunters
are tearing me up, interesting new enemy.

Playing on X1. Performance is great, but anyone else seen the fur of dead animals close up? It's like swirling, psychedelic furstuffs. It's really weird.

Frillen

I really like the look of this but I only recently played through FC3 so I think I'll wait a while before playing this one.
And in FC3 I didn't realise the enemy outposts were there for me to take over until I'd reached the final mission, that was very stupid of me.

Did I ever tell you the definition of a Ubisoft game?

Lol, that's almost as bad as those who didn't know you could run in RE4.

My friend and I are having some issues getting Co-op to work on PS4. I have given him a Key to Kyrat and he has the full two hours remaining. Every time he attempts to join my game, he receives an "Error: The service is not available" message, yet everyone here seems to be enjoying the co-op just fine. Could this be a port forwarding and NAT issue?

Beaulieu

It's painful watching the giantbomb quicklook for this and them being baffled by the "gaz" issue on helicopters and not realizing its a height thing ...

wege12

This has to be my most anticipated game this Fall. Really looking forward to all the different environments. Was this made by the same Ubisoft studio that worked on Unity?

Not RE4 but don't get me started on games where I didn't know I could run! But that never lasted long, I've never gone through a whole game without realising I was missing something so big before.

Calderc

Am I missing something here? I've just completed the very short mission for Bhadra and now there's no campaign icons on my map.

shermas

Told myself I wasn't going to get this bc of GTA V... stopped and picked this up on the way home. I can't wait! FC3 was way better than I thought and I can't wait to fire this up... looks great from what I've seen.

No way! Really? Interesting. Hardest/most time consuming achievement then?

maybe unlocking all skills, but that is actually going pretty quickly so far for me. Theres one for reaching rank 5 in arena, idk what that entails. Everything else is pretty straight forward and just requires a single action. There is one for liberating all outposts, but that wont take an absurd amount of time. Coming from collecting literally everything Unity, this is a piece of cake.

maybe unlocking all skills, but that is actually going pretty quickly so far for me. Theres one for reaching rank 5 in arena, idk what that entails. Everything else is pretty straight forward and just requires a single action. There is one for liberating all outposts, but that wont take an absurd amount of time. Coming from collecting literally everything Unity, this is a piece of cake.
Awesome! Sounds like I can enjoy myself. No multi achievements and no huge collectathon.

kmg90

The digital version of FC4 on the PS3 is fucked...

Can't start campaign as it errors out on corrupt data.

STAY AWAY FROM IT FOR THE TIME BEING.

Awesome! Sounds like I can enjoy myself. No multi achievements and no huge collectathon.

there are co op achievements and multiplayer achievements. Multiplayer is just for playing a match of each gametype though, you dont even have to win. The co op ones seem easy enough, only one requires coordination with the team mate.

wow massive disappointment, this game is just a cash grab and feels like a much uglier FC3 churned out by a B team.

Its almost identical to FC3 in gameplay yet looks way way worse environment wise. Its just an ugly looking game in comparison to FC3. I dont get it, FC3 had beautiful looking environments including the landscapes themselves (I enjoyed exploring just to take in the sights) and interesting looking villages vs here where its just boring boxy buildings. And this despite the PS4 being way more powerful than the laptop I used to play FC3 (laptop, several years old, midrange graphics card so waaaaaay below a PS4 in performance)

The tight FOV with boring environments mean there isnt any pleasure exploring, due to this. Its fine if you never played FC3, otherwise a big step down.

story is garbage (like most games) at least FC3 was something interesting and different. Here I just wanted to skip the cutscenes (but you cant) - just all the usual cliches everywhere of murderous psycho people.

man so disappointed in this game.

Huge let down. I waited until I could explore the open world but its just a big disappointment and feels like it was developed on a much lower budget than FC3.

if you liked FC3 but looked at the trailers and previews/reviews and thought oh I am not too excited, it just looks more of the same. it is. wait until its cheap, there are many better games out right now (2 launched same day) and get it much cheaper so if you are disappointed like I am, you havent wasted full price on this by the numbers, phoned in, clone of a prior years game

Calderc

Still can't seem to continue the main story after the Bhadra mission. Do I need to do any of Regi's or the other dudes missions first?

Those goddamn hunters. I normally go stealthy in Far Cry, but there is a special assault rifle bullets to the face exception just for them. Bastards.

Hey! You have no idea how that felt. That moment near the end of the game, when you realize that yes, you can run in RE4.

Yes, I'm one of those people. Can't wait to replay RE4, now in HD and knowing there's an ability to run :D

I'm going to pick this up Friday. I did have it set for Gamefly but they must have been out as i'm going to be sent DAI instead. I was kind of hesitant buying due to all the technical issues with Unity, but everything seems ok with the videos i've seen.

Is there any word on the audio mode for the companion app? On a blog post a few weeks ago they said they would have one up for FC4. I checked to see if it was there and it wasn't.

TripOpt55

I rode an elephant into an outpost while wielding a shotgun and just completely wrecked shop. It was glorious. Having a lot of fun with the game even if I don't feel like I'm as good as I was at 3. Maybe I'm just remembering being more powered up like halfway through to the end.

Varna

I tried to get into Far Cry 3 since GAF had so many positive impressions. All the constant pop ups, feedback, location markers and hints just killed any sense of exploration and discovery for me though. Is this one the same pretty much?

I tried to get into Far Cry 3 since GAF had so many positive impressions. All the constant pop ups, feedback, location markers and hints just killed any sense of exploration and discovery for me though. Is this one the same pretty much?

Almost identical mechanically, it's ridiculous to have identical exploration mechanics in all their open world games. There is no reason you had to have towers here when assassin creed came out what a week ago? It makes sense in AC as an assassin, there is no reason FC 4 needs towers because it already has bases and missions for progression.

My opinion is that FC4 is a clone of FC3 and the PC FC3 is better due the environments. If you could only play older gen FC3 then graphics will be a step up on PS4 (step down otherwise env wise). Have to say that elephants are awesome though (points deducted for bird attacks though)

Megasoum

Banned
Hey so I "pre-ordered" the game on Uplay earlier this week via a NVIDIA code. Anybody knows what are the bonuses I should be getting with this versions and if so how I can confirm that I have them? Uplay is not very clear for that stuff. The only thing in the DLC tab is the Season Pass (even if I don't have it lol).

Thanks

Hale-XF11

wow massive disappointment, this game is just a cash grab and feels like a much uglier FC3 churned out by a B team.

Its almost identical to FC3 in gameplay yet looks way way worse environment wise. Its just an ugly looking game in comparison to FC3. I dont get it, FC3 had beautiful looking environments including the landscapes themselves (I enjoyed exploring just to take in the sights) and interesting looking villages vs here where its just boring boxy buildings. And this despite the PS4 being way more powerful than the laptop I used to play FC3 (laptop, several years old, midrange graphics card so waaaaaay below a PS4 in performance)

The tight FOV with boring environments mean there isnt any pleasure exploring, due to this. Its fine if you never played FC3, otherwise a big step down.

story is garbage (like most games) at least FC3 was something interesting and different. Here I just wanted to skip the cutscenes (but you cant) - just all the usual cliches everywhere of murderous psycho people.

man so disappointed in this game.

Huge let down. I waited until I could explore the open world but its just a big disappointment and feels like it was developed on a much lower budget than FC3.

if you liked FC3 but looked at the trailers and previews/reviews and thought oh I am not too excited, it just looks more of the same. it is. wait until its cheap, there are many better games out right now (2 launched same day) and get it much cheaper so if you are disappointed like I am, you havent wasted full price on this by the numbers, phoned in, clone of a prior years game

Appreciate the honest review, especially since I just finished FC3. You confirmed my suspicions of this being a lesser clone. I don't mind more of the same, but not for full price or even half price. I'll probably pick it up a year or so from now when it dips below $10.

Enjoying this more than FC3. Lots more options and polish than the last game.

I don't usually notice it in other games, but the aim assist in this game is crazy high.

You can turn it off or to low if you want!

2 co-op ones - Take out an outpost in a friends game (you are Hurk) and do a vehicle takedown while riding passenger in a co-op game (need to unlock perk for it, I think it's the knife takedown perk tree, 3rd one along)

2 MP ones - play a top rated community map (easy to get to straight through the MP menu, just finish the match/event) & play a match in each of the 3 modes of PvP (don't need to win)

You can turn all those UI elements off thankfully!

mf luder

There's a demo for anyone thats on the fence, bu it looks like its the whole game 24gb

Seems you need a key to kryat code and someone who has the game to play it.

Top Bottom