• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
After giving the multiplayer a second chance tonight, all I have to say is what in the name of fuck is this crap

Why does this mode even exist, Ubisoft? Why?

I'd take generic TDMs over this any day of the week.

After giving the multiplayer a second chance tonight, all I have to say is what in the name of fuck is this crap

Why does this mode even exist, Ubisoft? Why?

I'd take generic TDMs over this any day of the week.

yeah even over at the ubisoft forums people are shitting on it.

they didnt listen to the community and now it's a total clusterfuck, but ubi don't care

ezekial45

Banned
Anyone know when the Shangra-La mission pop up? I thought they were in hidden areas around the map, but I haven't found jack yet.

garath

Dammit ubi. My preload still isn't unlocked :(

I submitted a ticket and the reply I got was they are aware of an issue with some unlocks and are working on it.

Sigh. At least I have dragon age.

Alright so what's the differences between xbox one and ps4, anything major at this point? Hoping now that more people have it in their hands folks might have an idea.

Really love this game, Far Cry 3 was one of my favorites of last gen and this is a smoother, better experience all around. The random craziness that happens just adds so much to the game. Was near a river and a rhino decided to go in a crazy rampage while I was getting shot from one of the cars with turrets, he knocks them in the water while I am going around shooting everyone, out of the corner of my eye an alligator drags one of the deer looking animals from the edge of the water and devours it. Ended up getting killed by the Rhino, but stuff like this is what really makes this game.

I didn't love Far Cry 3 like I did FC2, but this game has my attention. I think it has to do with the atmosphere and gorgeous visuals (the game is no slouch on PS4) that has me thinking I'll enjoy it more than FC3. Then again, I was only able to play FC3 on PS3 so maybe that was a big contributing factor.

Mik2121

How is the editor in this game? I enjoyed the Far Cry 3 editor quite a bit, but I wonder if it's pretty much the same or it has many more tools now.

I don't care about not being able to make multiplayer maps.

Zach

My friend sent me an invite but he can't play co-op yet... any idea how long he can rush through to unlock it?

Megasoum

Banned
How is the editor in this game? I enjoyed the Far Cry 3 editor quite a bit, but I wonder if it's pretty much the same or it has many more tools now.

I don't care about not being able to make multiplayer maps.

I don't know about the actual editor but I just tried one of the Community Maps (to get the Uplay points) and it's really cool. It's just singleplayer (I know I know legacyzero...) but it's really fun. People are basically making their own outpost/fortress and you have to attack them. I did one random and it was a night mission where you only had a silenced pistol and the guy enabled some modifiers like no minimap and one shot kill.

spk

Yep. That'd be me too. Nvidia promo. Sigh. Thanks ubi.

People are saying to put the ubishop key into redeem code but that tells me it's been used by another account. If I log into the uplay site it doesn't show that I own FC4 even though it's right there in client. Good shit

Should've included this in my previous post:

I live in Taipei but I'm from Canada and my PSN account is from Canada. I also opened a Taiwan PSN account so I could use it to redeem bonus codes from games that I buy here.

The codes I got for FC4 (some bonus weapons, including a silenced m1911, some yak mission, and the three Hurk missions) don't work, and I tried redeeming them on both accounts. What the hell?

Also, am I supposed to automatically have Kyrat keys available to send? Because apparently I have none.

garath

People are saying to put the ubishop key into redeem code but that tells me it's been used by another account. If I log into the uplay site it doesn't show that I own FC4 even though it's right there in client. Good shit

Exact same stuff I'm seeing. That's why I went with the support ticket.

spk

Exact same stuff I'm seeing. That's why I went with the support ticket.

Er my previous post I meant the Owned Games section of the uplay site. The uplay shop doesn't even have it in my order history. This is ridiculous

Jachaos

My friend sent me an invite but he can't play co-op yet... any idea how long he can rush through to unlock it?

If he hasn't started a save-file yet, I'd say a couple hours. If he's already seen a few of the cutscenes, done the intro and is in the open-world, probably an hour.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Played for an hour today. It feels really good, better than FC3 so far which I thought highly of, and I can't wait until I can really get stuck into discovering everything there is in the game.

ChuckNyce

Anyone having problems joining coop with the keys to kyrat? My friend is trying to join and he just keeps getting an error saying "this feature is not available".

Gaz_RB

Ok... can we talk about how awesome the user generated maps are?

Like I feel that Ubisoft should have advertised the shit out of this.... There are a ton of super awesome and creative maps out already, just one day after release, and they are actually really fun to play. I mean I'm as sad as anyone that there is no multiplayer map editor, but I think the single player map editor makes up for it tenfold.

I just played a really well designed outpost map designed for stealthy play. After that I played this crazy map that was a series of floating platforms, and the player has a much higher jump and no fall damage. So I was just bunny hopping from island to island unloading on these guys. I can't wait to see what people do with it with a little more time.

Only issue is that they should be playable in coop :(

My first 2 hours has been amazing so far. Love this game. The framerate is smooth, everything just looks so purdy, draw distance is incredible, keep just staring out at the vistas taking screenshots lol. The gunplay feels great, the hit detection, death animations and physics are great. So far I hate Pagan, but in a good way.

I skipped FC3 for some reason. Not feeling the setting as much maybe? I dunno. So I can't really compare it. In love with FC4 so far though.

If the co op is as fun as I think its going to be I couldn't care less if the competitive side sucks. Thats shitty for those of you that were looking forward to that portion of the game but it will not personally affect my enjoyment of the game. I havn't tried it yet though.

I'll get a better idea if the game gets boring after I put in more time but my first impressions of this game are glowing. So far so good.

Every time I die, my game hangs on a black screen and I hear a heart beat, I've died twice during the opening "Stealth" section and it's making me restart the entire game.

It's done this twice.

Legit Steam PC copy, btw

Ok... can we talk about how awesome the user generated maps are?

Like I feel that Ubisoft should have advertised the shit out of this.... There are a ton of super awesome and creative maps out already, just one day after release, and they are actually really fun to play. I mean I'm as sad as anyone that there is no multiplayer map editor, but I think the single player map editor makes up for it tenfold.

I just played a really well designed outpost map designed for stealthy play. After that I played this crazy map that was a series of floating platforms, and the player has a much higher jump and no fall damage. So I was just bunny hopping from island to island unloading on these guys. I can't wait to see what people do with it with a little more time.

Only issue is that they should be playable in coop :(

are there any that, for lack of better wording on my part, any maps that pay homage to other games?

Gaz_RB

are there any that, for lack of better wording on my part, any maps that pay homage to other games?

Not too many. Some COD Nuketown remakes and a few "Walking Dead" maps. There was one WW2 D-Day map I played too.

I suspect we'll get some more impressive stuff soon!

DirtyLarry

Anyone have any tips for
getting the second skin needed for the wallet?
I killed the honey badgers in the area, and also 2 eagles, thinking that might make the animal come back (whose name is escaping me right now), and nothing. Just spent nearly an hour unsuccesfully hunting this damn animal.
And I loved it.

Cowie

Picked up a retail copy from best buy even though I don't have a dvd drive, put my key into UPlay and downloaded the game, but now it won't start /at all/. When I google the error, the only thing I've found is a website dismissing it by saying that only pirated copies of the game show it. I can't imagine I'm getting a pirated copy of the game directly through the UPlay client, so I'm not buying that.

The error:
FC64.dll
File Corrupted!. This program has been manipulated and maybe it's infected by a Virus or cracked. This file won't work anymore.

When I try to verify the files locally, it finds a problem, but then when I tell it to repair the problem, uplay crashes. I deleted the game files and redownloaded it again, but I get the exact same error.

I guess I could try installing the game from the DVDs, but I don't.. actually have a DVD drive in this computer, I was kind of just counting on the uplay serial being enough. Got a ticket open with ubi support, but hoping maybe somebody here had seen this.

Dammit ubi. My preload still isn't unlocked :(

I submitted a ticket and the reply I got was they are aware of an issue with some unlocks and are working on it.

Sigh. At least I have dragon age.

Yup, just tried the unlock code I got in the email from Ubisoft and it says that the key is in use by another UPlay account. Just looking at the Ubisoft forums and it seems like this might be a thing with the free Nvidia game promo.

valeo

I didn't love Far Cry 3 like I did FC2, but this game has my attention. I think it has to do with the atmosphere and gorgeous visuals (the game is no slouch on PS4) that has me thinking I'll enjoy it more than FC3. Then again, I was only able to play FC3 on PS3 so maybe that was a big contributing factor.

It's FC3 Mark II. If you didn't like FC3, you wont like this.

mdsfx

Yup, just tried the unlock code I got in the email from Ubisoft and it says that the key is in use by another UPlay account. Just looking at the Ubisoft forums and it seems like this might be a thing with the free Nvidia game promo.
Noooo! Me too... Grrrrrr aaaahhhhh!!!!!

*submits ticket to ubisoft, pretends game isn't out yet*

Top Bottom