• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Brooks2304

Neo Member
Just picked this up for PS4 for $55 Canadian on eBay, free shipping. Now just to wait lol. Only played a little bit of Far Cry 3 and enjoyed what I did play so I can't wait to actually play the whole thing.

ugoo18

This game is ripe for those moments of completely unexpected awesomeness lol.

Managed to kill 3 enemies with one bullet from a pistol that managed to headshot all three of them (They ran across each others path right as i fired lol). Beating my Far Cry 3 fluke of 2 dead with 1 sniper bullet.

Most random moment of all so far though was getting attacked by enemies and while killing them off and a bear shows up and starts attacking everyone as some allies are driving by. The allies stop their car and go after the bear and the remaining enemies. While all this is happening in the distance i notice something flying away and check it out with my binoculars only to find out that it's an Eagle that was carrying off a goat lol.

E92 M3

How are you guys liking the game? Is it more than usual Ubisoft collectathon? Are there a lot of snow environments? I'd buy the game instantly if there is.

hbkdx12

Even though I loved Far Cry 3, I told myself I'd wait on picking this up until after I finished a few other games.

I just ordered it for in-store pick up with credit card points.

I have no self control.

The wild animals of Kyrat have no self control; you must fight fire with fire

hbkdx12

How are you guys liking the game? Is it more than usual Ubisoft collectathon? Are there a lot of snow environments? I'd buy the game instantly if there is.

I'm loving the game. I've put about 4 hours into it and i've completed the last tuturial mission like 3 hrs ago. Is it more than the ubisoft collectathon? Eh not really. You're map is constantly littered with icons for things you can do, see and explore.

I think the thing that sets this apart from other ubi games like watchdogs or AC is the random wildlife and the crazy things that will happen even without you having to actively be a part of it.

There are plenty posts just in the last couple pages of people witnessing the most crazy and audacious crap without ever actually playing a part in it. This is what makes the game enthralling and keeps you on your toes.

Edit: sorry for the double post!

Using bait is like torture, it works but lord do they turn on you quick as lightning.

It's ridiculous. I had one situation where I threw bait at a bunch of guys to sick a snow leopard on them. Well, he was still hungry after 5 enemies and some bait and I was the only thing around. It did not end well for me...

E92 M3

I'm loving the game. I've put about 4 hours into it and i've completed the last tuturial mission like 3 hrs ago. Is it more than the ubisoft collectathon? Eh not really. You're map is constantly littered with icons for things you can do, see and explore.

I think the thing that sets this apart from other ubi games like watchdogs or AC is the random wildlife and the crazy things that will happen even without you having to actively be a part of it.

There are plenty posts just in the last couple pages of people witnessing the most crazy and audacious crap without ever actually playing a part in it. This is what makes the game enthralling and keeps you on your toes.

Edit: sorry for the double post!

Thank you ;)

ugoo18

It's ridiculous. I had one situation where I threw bait at a bunch of guys to sick a snow leopard on them. Well, he was still hungry after 5 enemies and some bait and I was the only thing around. It did not end well for me...

I stopped using bait because the animals always turned on me while leaving enemies untouched lol (They'd kill one or two enemies then start hunting me while leaving the other enemies around it).

Worst animal moment was me freeing a tiger to clear out an outpost from a good distance away on a hill with a sniper rifle only for the tiger to leave the outpost and come after me drawing every enemy after it to me as well.

Played around 4 hours of this yesterday, and I have to say I'm loving it so far. There's so much to explore that I spent the majority of my time just wandering around and doing side stuff instead of main missions. I also took my first outpost on an elephant, and that was the best thing ever.

Also, there's a propaganda poster on a belltower that I can't reach and it's been driving me crazy. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and know how to get it?

Played around 4 hours of this yesterday, and I have to say I'm loving it so far. There's so much to explore that I spent the majority of my time just wandering around and doing side stuff instead of main missions. I also took my first outpost on an elephant, and that was the best thing ever.

Also, there's a propaganda poster on a belltower that I can't reach and it's been driving me crazy. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and know how to get it?

Do you have fire arrows?

ugoo18

Shoot it, i didn't know how to get the higher up ones that were out of reach until i accidentally destroyed one with an explosion while in the middle of a fire fight.

Morts

Am I missing something or does the PS4 demo not actually let you play unless you're invited to a co-op game? And it downloads the entire game? While disappointing it's somehow even more tempting to buy it knowing it's already on my hard drive.

Lucifon

Anyone else noticed the PS4 option to disable the touchpad doesn't work after reloading. Even though the option remains toggled 'off' visually, it turns itself back on. Toggling it 'on' then 'off' again works for the duration of that session.

hbkdx12

I notice that when you skin something now the animal doesn't appear skinned like it did in FC3. That's not just a bug in my game right?

Nope. no bug. All the animals inexplicably keep their skin

I wish the minimap indicated where you killed enemies like it does with the animals. In heated firefights like some of the ones for karma, i kill guys but never get to loot them because i can't remember exactly where i killed them at.

How to use bait properly:

Step 1. Get to a high vantage point away from the area in question (far enough away that enemies can't spot you)
Step 2. Throw bait (the enemies don't "see" the bait unless you hit them and Arjay must be a pro QB because he can throw that shit far as hell
Step 3. Use binoculars to watch animal maul enemies
Step 4. When all enemies have been killed or animal is put down...snipe the rest/snipe the animal

kmg90

Am I the only one on Neogaf that bought the Digital PS3 version of the game?

As it literally is unplayable due to data corruption error.

I stopped using bait because the animals always turned on me while leaving enemies untouched lol (They'd kill one or two enemies then start hunting me while leaving the other enemies around it).

Worst animal moment was me freeing a tiger to clear out an outpost from a good distance away on a hill with a sniper rifle only for the tiger to leave the outpost and come after me drawing every enemy after it to me as well.

That's brutal! I love this game...

Hugstable

Banned
Ugh this bullshit where if you fail a mission for any little thing they take away everything you gained and skinned is beyond stupid. Spent almost an hour just skinning stuff and grabbing things in between this grab 2 packages mission, only to have some stupid timed event thing at the end that I couldn't finish in time, and because of that I lose everything I gained in the meantime. I was enjoying this game so much, and this might have honestly killed any joy and fun I was having in this game.

hbkdx12

Ugh this bullshit where if you fail a mission for any little thing they take away everything you gained and skinned is beyond stupid. Spent almost an hour just skinning stuff and grabbing things in between this grab 2 packages mission, only to have some stupid timed event thing at the end that I couldn't finish in time, and because of that I lose everything I gained in the meantime. I was enjoying this game so much, and this might have honestly killed any joy and fun I was having in this game.

Manually saving doesn't combat this?

WinterSoldier

Neo Member
Does anyone know the restrictions on inviting a friend via PS4 share credits? I know they only get to join for up to 2 hours but can you share multiple credits with one friend or is it restricted to 10 separate friends?

sam777

Strange how much more popular the GTAV thread is compared to this. Kinda sad :(

I got my copy yesterday, but I'm waiting to finish Unity before playing.

Ye I am disappointed they aren't more people in here especially when you compare it to GTA and DA:I. Because this game is awesome.

Aces&Eights

Well, I'm an idiot. I just realized you could swipe the touch pad and it brings up your weapon wheel (compared to holding L1)

It works really well, too. I must have missed that in the tutorial.

This game. I'm trying to do the required hunting to upgrade my stuff and I keep coming across the most awesome random events. I was chasing monkeys around and this fricking rhino raced past me and took out a jeep of enemies. One guy jumped out ran down to the lake and an alligator got him. Scared the shit out of me cause I was tracking him in stealth mode and was just about to kill him lol.

Thank You Ubisoft for giving the options to turn off individual hud elements. All I have on screen is the mini map at low opacity.

But the turn off switch for touch pad came back on automatic.

And why no optiona to change control layout, wanna switch crouch to R3.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
anyone else experiencing the radial wheel randomly popping up even when you're not calling for it?

Top Bottom