• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Strange how much more popular the GTAV thread is compared to this. Kinda sad :(

I got my copy yesterday, but I'm waiting to finish Unity before playing.

I think GTA V hit all these big games, but the ones the same day especially.

If I recall rock star only announced the release date a few months back, so a lot of big game releases ended up hitting in competition with FC4 same day (same as DAI which is totally different genre so perhaps less effected)

Vashetti

Banned
So uh, is it just me or is combat borked on PS4?

Even on the lowest difficulty, I seem to spend most of my time hiding and having to heal myself repeatedly, enemies seem to have pinpoint accuracy.

Never had this issue back on Far Cry 3.

Also, the "Touchpad: On/Off" toggle is borked. Sometimes even when it is set to "Off", it still works. You have to actually turn it "On" and then "Off" again to get it to save.

Even on the lowest difficulty, I seem to spend most of my time hiding and having to heal myself repeatedly, enemies seem to have pinpoint accuracy.

Never had this issue back on Far Cry 3.

Also, the "Touchpad: On/Off" toggle is borked. Sometimes even when it is set to "Off", it still works. You have to actually turn it "On" and then "Off" again to get it to save.

Maybe because of more options like the mercenary token (or whatever they are called that call for help). There are also things like being able to shoot from vehicles while autodriving.

remember that body armor helps against enemy guns, buy them and better weapons/attachments at bases

you can also unlock 2 extra health bars very quickly with 3 skill points

syringes heal you, pick up 2 green plants to make one automatically

use your camera to check for targets, enemies vary in difficulty.

you already have grenade cooking unlocked and grenades are very powerful in FC3/4

stealth take downs are very powerful in this game, you leap several meters and can unlock additional "kill second enemy" type skills and ultimately unlimited chaining

I'm finally letting go of my Vita so I'll be getting some not-so-needed-but-nice-to-have spending cash.

So since the PC version doesn't seem to like my system, I'm going to pick up a Console version.

So GAF, Xbox One or PS4?

Point me to whichever excels in foliage volume.

sam777

Never had this issue back on Far Cry 3

I am also finding it quite challenging, on normal though. Especially when you come across hunters as they never miss with the bow.

Goldrusher

KiM7mgK.jpg

1DMt6Zc.jpg

:D

ugoo18

*searches thread for all mentions of FOV*

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

That's brutal! I love this game...

Favorite animal moment was when attacking an outpost and suddenly having an enemy patrol car roll up ruining my stealth, in the resulting fire fight the elephant in a cage was freed and just went nuts lol. Watched it all unfold (After running away to safety lol) as an elephant cleared out the outpost including the reinforcements that arrived.

sam777

Well, I'm an idiot. I just realized you could swipe the touch pad and it brings up your weapon wheel (compared to holding L1)

It works really well, too. I must have missed that in the tutorial.

This game. I'm trying to do the required hunting to upgrade my stuff and I keep coming across the most awesome random events. I was chasing monkeys around and this fricking rhino raced past me and took out a jeep of enemies. One guy jumped out ran down to the lake and an alligator got him. Scared the shit out of me cause I was tracking him in stealth mode and was just about to kill him lol.

Same it is awesome the way you can get side tracked in this. Also took me about 5 hours of game play time till I realised that the touchpad can be used for the weapon wheel.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Game is SO good. Color me impressed. Polished, beautiful, compelling, and just plain fun to play. Feels like everything Far Cry 3 wanted to be but couldn't quite achieve (on console that is, I'm playing on ps4 now, 360 before).

Etnos

Banned
I'm playing PS4 version so far its alright, I'm enjoying it. Said so Ubisoft really needs to start shaking up some design ideas. Not sure if I ever want to play a unlock the tower game again.

Need someone for the co op trophy to do a vehicle takedown from the passenger seat. Dont have a mic, but really all we have to do is drive around until we find an enemy vehicle, not that complex.

Let me know
PSN: reconassassin92

Clearos

Any Gaf reviews on multiplayer. The SP game looks amazing but would like a solid MP to go with it as well.

Will also decide if I trade in COD:AW after beating SP.

SJRB

Gold Member
So much stuff going on all the time, damn.

I love the hostage rescue random encounters. It's nothing amazing but it feels really good sneaking up some dude and slit his throat and save the hostage.

I also really love how everyone from the Golden Path is constantly like "OMG it's Ajay Ghale!", makes you feel like a rockstar haha.

Any Gaf reviews on multiplayer. The SP game looks amazing but would like a solid MP to go with it as well.

Will also decide if I trade in COD:AW after beating SP.

You can probably guess exactly how barebones and compulsory the multiplayer is, but I'm really enjoying it anyway. Elephants, tiny cars, tinier helicopters, running around in the woods. Im glad I tried it now because it'll probably be dead soon.

I'm about 6 missions in and liking it. I need more time to really gather an opinion on it, but it's definitely hooking me. At first, I wasn't sure about the hud look and some other things.

The hands running animation is kind of cheesy, though, and the foot kicking things looks a bit weird.

Top Bottom