• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

I'm about 6 missions in and liking it. I need more time to really gather an opinion on it, but it's definitely hooking me. At first, I wasn't sure about the hud look and some other things.

The hands running animation is kind of cheesy, though, and the foot kicking things looks a bit weird.

Far Cry 4 and Titanfall both have 90s fps kick aninations. It's crazy.

Etnos

Banned
You can probably guess exactly how barebones and compulsory the multiplayer is, but I'm really enjoying it anyway. Elephants, tiny cars, tinier helicopters, running around in the woods. Im glad I tried it now because it'll probably be dead soon.

5v5 is just to small of a player count for the scale of the maps

5v5 is just to small of a player count for the scale of the maps

I think that's why I like it though. I have been playing the new Call of Duty and it is super frantic. This feels like playing paintball in the woods by comparison.

Plus every vehicle is fun to use. 4 wheelers, wing suits, that funny 3 wheeled car with the stuff hanging from the rear view, elephants, the little helicopter.

The Multiplayer sounds like a Hunger Games Video Game from how everyone is describing it.

Now I'm fucking hyped.

I don't want to oversell it. The modes I've tried are really basic control point, capture the flag stuff. It's only decent because the actual core mechanics are pretty dynamic and you are in big outdoor areas with appealing methods of traversal.

Questions about co-op,

Is the progress in the game synced for both players or just the host? Can I still earn XP and upgrades through co-op?

Trying to decide if this is worth it just for co-op but if mission and character progression are frozen for the joining player I might pass.

Reposting for answer. Co-Op is the only reason I'd get this.

GavinUK86

After playing FC3 maxed out on PC and loving every single second of it I was iffy about going with the PS4 version of FC4 but i'm impressed even though it does feel like they copied and pasted it. It still works. Good characters (so far), fun missions, intriguing open world plus it's pretty.

Etnos

Banned
I think that's why I like it though. I have been playing the new Call of Duty and it is super frantic. This feels like playing paintball in the woods by comparison.

yeah I can see that, it could be fun with friends... none of my friends are playing it thou.

Strider

The aim assist in this game is so ridiculous I had to turn it off entirely.

Also the co-op in this game is great and worth buying it for IMO assuming you've got some friends that are buying it too. I like the "guns for hire" feature as well.

Player 2 gets XP and Weapons and cash, but quests and outposts finished in the hosts game don't transfer to player 2.

Hmmm that's not ideal but as long as I can play through the game once I don't mind if it doesn't save my map progress as long as I get weapons and upgrades. Thanks!

GavinUK86

LOL

"contrary to popular belief, due to my appearance and all, I am indeed batting for the other team my boy"

Pagan Min's a funny dude.

Autofokus

It unlocks after you liberate the first outpost, which is extremely soon at your point in the game.
Thanks for the info. My buddy gets the game tomorrow, so I wanted to be sure when co-op is possible, reducing any delay as much as possible.

leng jai

I'm consistently floored by how consistent the experience is on PS4. The framerate is solid as hell, IQ is clean and the game looks beautiful. Absolutely no regrets getting this over the PC version.

Has someone given their impression on how Uplay affects the PC version of the game? I really want to get it on my PC but Uplay just really hates me...

Sorry if this has come up before, but how in the hell does the saving work in this game? Just quit out the game to sort something, hit the save button then the quit to desktop. When I jumped back in a few minutes later, I was at the end of the last mission I did, about 15 mins earlier than the save, all the chests I found were back in the world and none of the unlocks and weapons I bought were on me. Looks like it chucked me back at the checkpoint, but surely saving should update unlocks and the like?

Antti

I'm trying to get into a Keys to Kyrat session with a friend of mine, but it keeps saying "This feature is currently not available. Please try again later". Any ideas?

EDIT: The trial wasn't fully downloaded, that might be an issue...

Played for a couple of hours on PS4 and I like it a lot. Seems like more Farcry 3, which I'm totally okay with.

The only thing that's prevented me from playing more is that I also grabbed Dragon Age and I kinda got way hooked on that.

Murtrod

Did you like Far Cry 3 and do you want more of it?

That's the thing, I did, but I preferred survival aspects and stealth in FC2. FC2 is my personal favorite of the series, but FC3 was a fun game with a variety of flaws and repetitive features. Is truly nothing different from 3 in 4?

Skyzard

Banned
I saw that! Really impressed and extremely tempted just for that...

I've played about 5 hours and mostly I've just been driving about and exploring, getting skins to upgrade gear. Basically just enjoying the environment for the most part, like with AC:U. I reckon I'll be playing them both for a while.

I'm going to look into changing the vehicle controls because, as in Halo, the default joystick ones are crappy. The ATV is a pain to drive that way.

I hope there's an RT/LT option, but that's how you fire.

saunderez

I'm going to look into changing the vehicle controls because, as in Halo, the default joystick ones are crappy. The ATV is a pain to drive that way.

I hope there's an RT/LT option, but that's how you fire.

Yeah there is it's classic controls or something of the sort.

Still waiting for my copy to arrive but managed to play a bit of co-op with a friend. I'm a little disappointed with the lack of blood/reactions when enemy dudes get shot and animals are intact after skinning them but otherwise it looks like it'll be worth the $50.

I am loving this game's graphics on consoles. On Xbox One there's virtually no popin for the grass, I love it.

also...a way to turn off the radio?
Press up on the Dpad.

Also has anyone else encountered that radio host talking about drone strikes and president Obama? Hilarious

I've only played this for about an hour, but I feel like I don't really know anything about the main character I'm playing as. Like all I know is what his name is, and that he's here to bury his mother's ashes.

Compare that to Jason Brody- you really knew more about him at the start of Farcry 3.

Does the game reveal more about Ajay as it goes on, or are they goin' for a 'put your personality onto the main character' thing here?

Top Bottom