• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

I've only played this for about an hour, but I feel like I don't really know anything about the main character I'm playing as. Like all I know is what his name is, and that he's here to bury his mother's ashes.

Compare that to Jason Brody- you really knew more about him at the start of Farcry 3.

Does the game reveal more about Ajay as it goes on, or are they goin' for a 'put your personality onto the main character' thing here?
I'm probably about a third into the main story and nothing like that yet. I really don't understand why Ajay doesn't just get in a car and leave the country so he can go back to America.

The beginning of the story can be summed up like this.
"Hey Ajay go take out an entire base by yourself without any prior training on how to use a gun"
"Okay man but I kind of just want to go home now why should I fight in a war just to spread my mother's ashes"
"WHAT?!? It's what your parents would have done! Now go take out this bell tower and liberate 30 more outposts!!!"
"Okay whatever you say man"

I'm probably about a third into the main story and nothing like that yet. I really don't understand why Ajay doesn't just get in a car and leave the country so he can go back to America.

The beginning of the story can be summed up like this.
"Hey Ajay go take out an entire base by yourself without any prior training on how to use a gun"
"Okay man but I kind of just want to go home now why should I fight in a war just to spread my mother's ashes"
"WHAT?!? It's what your parents would have done! Now go take out this bell tower and liberate 30 more outposts!!!"
"Okay whatever you say man"

But if we don't know anything about Ajay, do we know he has no prior training with a gun? Like, do we know ANYTHING about him? Maybe he's a cop, or a war vet, or a dance instructor...who knows?

Does anyone else have serious issues trying to get a co op game with friends? Keeps saying this feature is currently unavailable please check back later. Been doing this for hours. I've talked to hurk I've got it set up? Anybody? This stinks!!

There is a button (X on Xbone) that turns off the UI completely when in binocular mode, including tagged enemies. I don't think you can turn off the functionality completely if that's what you're looking to do, though.

Thanks, that'll do.

Also, is there any way to counter those annoying eagles who keep swooping down and fucking me up?

J2Irylf.jpg

Welp, just bit.

Time to dive in.

Wow!

I just spent like 4 hours running around with a random dude in co-op. So many amazing stories.

We liberated two mega outposts, wrecked the Kryat honey badger population, rode elephants across a sun set lake, hunted rhino's with only shotguns, raced jet ski's v hovercraft and silently liberated several propaganda stations.

This is some of the best co-op out there imo

Skyzard

Banned
Wow!

I just spent like 4 hours running around with a random dude in co-op. So many amazing stories.

We liberated two mega outposts, wrecked the Kryat honey badger population, rode elephants across a sun set lake, hunted rhino's with only shotguns, raced jet ski's v hovercraft and silently liberated several propaganda stations.

Did you have to trigger missions for each of those things first or were you two together the whole time?

I heard it was co-op missions only and since it has that failure screen if you go to far from the mission objective in normal gameplay... I'm curious to hear about it. Should check it out.

Zach

Does anyone else have serious issues trying to get a co op game with friends? Keeps saying this feature is currently unavailable please check back later. Been doing this for hours. I've talked to hurk I've got it set up? Anybody? This stinks!!

Having the same issue. No idea what's wrong.

The fast travel load times on PC are so damn good. I used to hate fast travel in FC3 cos it took a little longer than I liked but now it's literally 2 seconds

nikos

Sent a friend a key to Kyrat but he can't seem to join my game. He was able to join a random game though. Is this a known issue?

lordxar

So how many people can coop at once? Friend of mine says the box reads 2-10. That mean 10 player shennanigans or is that MP included?

Hugstable

Banned
I've played for about 3-4 hours and I've only done 3 story missions.

There is so much to do in the game it's ridiculous. It's my first Far Cry game and I'm enjoying the hell outta this. My little copter is the shit! Sitting at like 7 hours played with 9 story missions done, I don't really aim for the chests unless they are in my way, but I'm always trying to explore alot of the content with question marks.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Damn this game. Just rode an Elephant for the first time and wrecked a group of enemies in a truck by ramming into them then stampeding the survivors. Coolest thing I've seen in a game in a long time. Sad that this game may not do as well as it deserves -- with GTA and Dragon Age launching on the same day. It's a damn shame because it's one the most enjoyable games I've played in a long time, only 3 people out of my 140 or so friends have played it. :(

Damn this game. Just rode an Elephant for the first time and wrecked a group of enemies in a truck by ramming into them then stampeding the survivors. Coolest thing I've seen in a game in a long time. Sad that this game may not do as well as it deserves -- with GTA and Dragon Age launching on the same day. It's a damn shame because it's one the most enjoyable games I've played in a long time, only 3 people out of my 140 or so friends have played it. :(
Time to mass email 137 friends.

Totally agree, FC4 is awesome. I got home from work with the intention of knocking out a few campaign missions... But ended up just screwing around in the sandbox for three hours. Bloody good open world

I am loving this game's graphics on consoles. On Xbox One there's virtually no popin for the grass, I love it.

Press up on the Dpad.

Also has anyone else encountered that radio host talking about drone strikes and president Obama? Hilarious

Yeah also grasped a little Walter White and Tony Montana nods. The radio is hilarious!

Just here to tell: the game is incredibly amazing. It expands upon Far Cry 3 with the exception of our main guy, Jason Brody's journey was outstanding and the mission were you burn the pot field, INSANE. I don't know if FC4 will reach those levels, but I don't think so, and that's fine, FC3 it's a pretty huge bar to strive for.

I was just randoming hijacking a truck when a Rhino attacked, threw some bait and a Bear showed up, the Rhino screwed my hijacking and some wild dogs killed me, all in the span of a minute and a half. Far Cry, man.

Gaz_RB

Wow!

Yeah it really is, even with randoms. My favorite coop game this year, I think.

14765038519_57ebdd785f_o.gif

So sick of limited coop. Fucking do it right or don't do it at all.

Trust me, they do it right. The story missions aren't really a huge part of the game. There are dozens of side quests, and tons of other stuff to do.

Did some co op. Holy shit thats fun. Took down one of fortresses, me wrecking shit with an elephant while my buddy sniped and took care of the choppers. So good.

Right now I'm just wandering around finding skins for crafting my ammo, wallet and loot bags. I'm like 5-6 hours in and have seen very little of the map so far. There is so much shit to see and do.

Took a hand glider off a cliff and flew down a valley and over top of an outpost, let go way above it and flew down in my wing suit, landed in the perfect lookout spot to target everyone. I took out the whole outpost without getting spotted. God I love stealth killing a guy with the machete and throwing a knife silently into another guys face.

Top Bottom