• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

how do you clean kill a rhino?

Good question. I need to kill four rhinos and use all of that rhino skin to make a wallet (!).

Basic weapons aren't enough, while the rocket launcher ruins the skin. Driving a hatchback car at high speed into one didn't work out well either.

Loving the game, although some of the campaign missions can drag.

Good question. I need to kill four rhinos and use all of that rhino skin to make a wallet (!).

Basic weapons aren't enough, while the rocket launcher ruins the skin. Driving a hatchback car at high speed into one didn't work out well either.

I wonder if a headshot with the harpoon gun would do the trick? I havn't got it yet.

saunderez

Okay, downloaded Far Cry 4 demo for my PS4. It takes 27 GB of my precious HD space. Great work there, Ubi.
That's because it's not a demo, it's the entire game that you can play coop with a Key to Kyrat. Would it be better if they just gave you a tiny segment instead? There's no other way this works without drastically limiting the person using the key. But don't let that stop you, continue trying to make out Ubsioft don't know what they're doing.

I've just briefly glanced through the thread but I take it the Xbone version runs perfectly well? Suddenly have the urge to buy this but I don't want to get burned if it runs at 20fps

That's because it's not a demo, it's the entire game that you can play coop with a Key to Kyrat. Would it be better if they just gave you a tiny segment instead? There's no other way this works without drastically limiting the person using the key. But don't let that stop you, continue trying to make out Ubsioft don't know what they're doing.

Hmm, just noticed that and removed it. I quickly checked the PS store for new stuff before going to sleep last night, and just noticed the text "free demo" and started downloading it.

If your not going for clean kills, you can get them down with a shotgun without too much trouble. Also, some of them spawn right near a turret which obliterates them in seconds. That probably works for the cars with mounted guns as well.

Clean kills are tougher though. Probably if you find somewhere they can't climb to and spam arrows.

I bought this fucker, it was so cheap AND included the season pass? why is this game being sold off so cheap compared to say unity which was buggy? Is this a half assed upgrade from fc3?

Tunahead

Honey badger tips:

They're basically the same as komodo dragons were in FC3. Small, damage resistant, incredibly painful up close, but also slow. You can outrun a honey badger easy, possibly without even using sprint. If you absolutely have to take down a honey badger for crafting reasons, you should run around them in a wide circle. Make sure it's a circle, and make sure it's wide. Proximity means death, but running blindly through multiple areas while fighting an enraged honey badger is just going to draw all the other wildlife and bored gun owners into your skirmish.

Randam

Is there a point, where you can't advance with the sidemissions?
Or can u do everything before doing storymissions?

And oh yes, animals take way to much to kill.

Vuze

I bought this fucker, it was so cheap AND included the season pass? why is this game being sold off so cheap compared to say unity which was buggy? Is this a half assed upgrade from fc3?

Huh, official pricing for Unity and Far Cry is actually the same. Not sure for how cheap you got it lol

Aces&Eights

I don't think so. They added quite a bit of stuff to it and the visual upgrade is noticeable. The buzzer (mini heli) is fricking awesome. I was flying around looking for a leopard and a caravan of Pagan's guys were drying by. Quest marker popped up to kill them so I flew over the convoy and let loose with my hand cannon grenade launcher and blew them the fuck up. All while hovering at about 30 feet. Put the gun away and resumed my flight. Tons of wildlife eating each other, Tigers that will destroy you, and the elephants; those guys are so, cool. I ride around on them all the time ramming cars and people. They make a good platform to fish off of when you have to get the demon fish.

soultron

Banned
how do you clean kill a rhino?

You can do it with the composite bow, but it will take about 20-30 arrows and lots of patience in order to avoid being rushed and killed every 10 seconds and then tracking it down again if you lose it. Maybe one of the syringes could boost your damage, but I'm not sure, haven't played in a while.

This works for a clean kill, pretty sure. It's a fun challenge too, until an eagle grabs you
when you're trying to dodge a charging rhino. :)

sam777

Honey badger tips:

They're basically the same as komodo dragons were in FC3. Small, damage resistant, incredibly painful up close, but also slow. You can outrun a honey badger easy, possibly without even using sprint. If you absolutely have to take down a honey badger for crafting reasons, you should run around them in a wide circle. Make sure it's a circle, and make sure it's wide. Proximity means death, but running blindly through multiple areas while fighting an enraged honey badger is just going to draw all the other wildlife and bored gun owners into your skirmish.

Burning a honey badger is the quickest away to kill it, I believe.

I just kept running circles around a tree with it, spamming it with an AK

Haha, exactly what i did too.. They sure can take some damage those rhinos.

edit: Does anybody know if the damage on animals is location based? If that's the case it would probably only take a few sniper rounds to the head of the rhino.

Klocker

Burning a honey badger is the quickest away to kill it, I believe.

Elephant road rage is the fastest.

As much as I am enjoying ACUnity, this game just has so many unscripted, open world, hell yea moments... Looks great, runs well (Xbox) and is fun

TripOpt55

Put in about 10 hours so far and the game is a complete blast. Other than one story mission I didn't like so far I don't have much to complain about. I loved FC3 and this is even better. I'm addicted.

this game just has so many unscripted, open world, hell yea moments... Looks great, runs well (Xbox) and is fun

There are a lot of the "unscripted" things that tends to happen in the exact same way every time you return to the same area though. I get that they probably didn't want to spend a giant amount of resources simulating an entire open world, but sometimes the static nature of these events takes me out of it.

Aces&Eights

Haha, exactly what i did too.. They sure can take some damage those rhinos.

edit: Does anybody know if the damage on animals is location based? If that's the case it would probably only take a few sniper rounds to the head of the rhino.

No, I tried to take one down with a sniper rifle and it took all my ammo and still didn't drop.

I found that the light machine gun will take it down in half a clip. Or, use one of those guns mounted on the truck.

So, I spent the entire night playing this, and I have a question.

I'm about eleven story missions plus one L mission in. Right now, all that shows on my map for missions is the L and the Y. Do I have to complete all of those (or, at least more) to get the main mission icons to come back? Or am I missing something?

I've been doing a lot of side quests.

Also: Is it true that you can't craft health syringes, just buy them? If so, that kinda sucks.

Great game, though. It may be my favourite of the year thus far.

I'm about eleven story missions plus one L mission in. Right now, all that shows on my map for missions is the L and the Y. Do I have to complete all of those (or, at least more) to get the main mission icons to come back? Or am I missing something?

Also: Is it true that you can't craft health syringes, just buy them? If so, that kinda sucks.

I haven't played FC4 yet but if it is how I remember it being in FC3 (which again, may be wrong) those are main missions just with specific characters as represented by the "L" and "Y".

I think they do unlock campaign missions by completing those other ones because after completing one of them it opened up a campaign mission

danowat

Banned
Good god this game is dull, what am I missing?, I am not that far in yet, but I am really struggling to find the motivation to keep going.

Good god this game is dull, what am I missing?, I am not that far in yet, but I am really struggling to find the motivation to keep going.

When you are driving around in a car you can use the dedicated throw rock button to throw a rock through your own windshield.

Vein

Banned
I'm sure the PS4 build will get some decent updates. Seems even on PC they are just getting things out.

Why are people saying the world is less explorable? Is it worse than Far Cry 3 in some way?

I think its pretty amazing how good the PS4 version looks for the hardware its running on. You can see a little bit of a downgrade on X1, though slight. PC version obviously looks the best, but its not a huge difference.

I ended up getting this on PS4 to play coop with friends because of the reported PC stuttering issues (same as FC3 launch), and I'm finding it really difficult to aim with the controller. I'm mostly a PC gamer, especially with FPS games (played FC3 on PC), but I'm usually fairly adaptable with other console FPS. This game however I'm having a lot of trouble.

Every enemy encounter feels difficult just because I can't aim quick enough to follow the wacky action in this game. Trying to gun down an animal that is running away is near impossible too. I also feel slightly restricted in terms of exploring, I feel boxed in by the controller not being able to freely look around quickly at all of the scenery. Feels very "tunnel visioned" if that makes sense (the console FOV doesn't help).

I'm still enjoying it, just doesn't feel as free as playing on PC. I might end up getting the PC version when its on sale and after a patch,...

Top Bottom