• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

peetfeet

whats the story with the keys? Does one person have to own the game and invite or could two people with keys play the game together without either having the game?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I must be missing something, since I haven't seen the option. I'll look more carefully when I play again.
You can customize weapons when you're at a merchant, or at save huts (the places with the beds and the weapons cabinet, the weapon cabinet being where you'd go) Go to "buy and customize", scroll to weapons, highlight the weapon, hit X (on PS4) and you'll see options in the lower left - hand corner -- holster, attachments, and paint. :) Some weapons can't use attachments, in which case you'll see all the slots X'd out.

Klocker

There are a lot of the "unscripted" things that tends to happen in the exact same way every time you return to the same area though. I get that they probably didn't want to spend a giant amount of resources simulating an entire open world, but sometimes the static nature of these events takes me out of it.

I guess what I meant by unscripted was for example, in the middle of trying take down a rhino I scramble around shooting , reloading, healing, changing elevation and position only to run away down a hill, jump, engage the flight suit, scream down a hill past some trees far away from killer rhino right into a lake and into the middle of a conflict with soldiers in a boat shooting at my allies. I swim to land, toss a grenade into their boat, boom, swim over to find a boat at the bottom of the lake only to have two demon fish attack me...

so much fun without a mission engaged.

yes the world is scripted to react to the player in many ways but the unfolding of events at cool moments when I'm just doing my own thing, works pretty well.

The Cowboy

BTW killed a Rhino, dude took 15 sniper rifle bullets (might have missed a few), 1 molotov and 80 SMG bullets to die.
Elephant Gun: close to middle range and a single shot to the head - 1 hit kill.

I love this gun, did all my Bears, Rhinos, Tigers and Honey Badgers with it :D.

It's Thursday, this game released days ago and we still have no official confirmation on the Xbox One resolution of this game?

What's the deal? Is there some kind of resolution reporting embargo in place like the embargo on AC Unity as a whole?

This is just striking me as weird after all the other resolution brouhaha that has precipitated at or on the release of every other game.

Maybe this is some kind of ploy by Ubisoft to see if resolution actually makes people enjoy a game or not...

Edit: A Google search for Far Cry 4 resolution turns up a website doing a comparison between PS4 and Xbox One versions with the following statement: "The comparison doesn't compare the resolution and frame rate of the game..."

The hell?

DF is busy with the GTA face off at the moment. I expect FC4 or DA to be next !

Also i hate this game because i am collecting every collectible and can't stop (._. )

Nephtes

DF is busy with the GTA face off at the moment. I expect FC4 or DA to be next !

Also i hate this game because i am collecting every collectible and can't stop (._. )

Color me biased, but I wish DF would tackle a game that's new to this year, not a remake of a game everyone played last year... ... ...

was that a dig at Far Cry 4 being another Far Cry 3? Maybe...

Color me biased, but I wish DF would tackle a game that's new to this year, not a remake of a game everyone played last year... ... ...

was that a dig at Far Cry 4 being another Far Cry 3? Maybe...

Same. But I'm prob the only one who finished GTAV and went, "Meh.". Game is incredibly over hyped. A good game with great scope and visuals... But once that short story is done... You have little incentive left to stay in. IMHO

FarCry 4 looks to have such an filled and interactive world with the NPCs and wild life. Can't wait for tomorrow to play.

shridz

Neo Member
I redeemed the keys to kyrat, Sent a key to my friend. He downloaded the trail version from the PSN Store. But everytime he tries to join my coop invite, it says error and that the service is not available at the moment. Is this a common error, and is there going to be fix soon?

I redeemed the keys to kyrat, Sent a key to my friend. He downloaded the trail version from the PSN Store. But everytime he tries to join my coop invite, it says error and that the service is not available at the moment. Is this a common error, and is there going to be fix soon?

We got this last night. Have him check the icon (click options on it when In the guide menu) and click information. See if it shows 21.xxgb/21.xxgb it's probably not fully downloaded even though psn makes it look like it is

where can I find demon fish?

The demon fish is part of a fashion week quest.

Start that quest, then it'll show you indicators as to where to go.
You take a boat to a cliffside viewpoint, then get a grenade launcher and a mini-copter. Use one of the hunting potions to see the fish in the water below and blast it to smithereens.

GravyButt

Cant find any bhalar to upgrade the first wallet. I go to the area on the map and where its shown and its just loaded with honey badgers and sambar. Oh. And fuck you eagles.

Cant find any bhalar to upgrade the first wallet. I go to the area on the map and where its shown and its just loaded with honey badgers and sambar. Oh. And fuck you eagles.

Yep, I am in the same situation. I even searched the other place that they are supposed to be on the map and no luck so far. I will have to look some more tonight.

Randam

found same demon fish.
nasty things.
let them attack me and than I used the qte to kill them.

is coop random?
or can you join/invite friends?

For those that have played into the story somewhat, do we ever find out anything about Ajay? All we know at the beginning is that he's from the West, and that he's there to spread his Mom's ashes.

Do we ever find out anything more about his life in the US, or do they do the whole 'our character is a blank slate' thing?

Raptor

How does it feel the shotgun?

Nasty and satifying?, the bow? sniper?

That non satisfying gunplay comments made me nervous.

Dominator

Playing earlier when all of a sudden I see something in the distance, that looks like its floating.

1392428_10152828530517410_3711826220460739923_n_zps9f4e2fe2.jpg

I get closer to investigate this mysterious object...

LOL

demon326

On the right side of the map there should be an outpost and a little lake nearby, take over the outpost and go search around it, its there that i found those stupid animals.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
How does it feel the shotgun?

Nasty and satifying?, the bow? sniper?

That non satisfying gunplay comments made me nervous.
The gunplay is satisfying. Shotguns feel heavy and deadly, Bow feels quiet, smooth and precise. Bow feels really fucking good -- one of my favourite weapons.

Haven't used a sniper yet so I can't say, but if it's gunplay you're concerned with, they did a great job here.

http://webmup.com/J0RJ7/

His dad was the founder of the Golden path

But do we ever find anything out about his life in the States?

It's just strange because in Farcry 3, Jason Brody had a real backstory. We knew a lot about the relationships he had in the States, plus his studies and whatnot.

I get the feeling that Ubi is trying to do the whole 'we made the character kinda blank so you can project your own personality onto him!' thing with this, which is kinda silly considering how specific his background and motivation is.

sam777

The drug trip missions are so weird, I don't have a clue what is going on but I guess that is what is meant to happen lol

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Yep, I am in the same situation. I even searched the other place that they are supposed to be on the map and no luck so far. I will have to look some more tonight.

They are NorthEast of where the map shows them, closer to the where it shows the macaque I believe.

Nephtes

With AC Unity being a big fat let down, I'm not sure where to spend my Winter Gaming Money...

It's Far Cry 4 or Shadow of Mordor.

Help me out Far Cry GAF who played both games. Which one?

Raptor

The gunplay is satisfying. Shotguns feel heavy and deadly, Bow feels quiet, smooth and precise. Bow feels really fucking good -- one of my favourite weapons.

Haven't used a sniper yet so I can't say, but if it's gunplay you're concerned with, they did a great job here.

Thanks man.

:)

Alienous

With AC Unity being a big fat let down, I'm not sure where to spend my Winter Gaming Money...

It's Far Cry 4 or Shadow of Mordor.

Help me out Far Cry GAF who played both games. Which one?

I can't personally vouch for it, but tons of people sing Shadow of Mordor's praises, and it seems like it would fill the void left by AC Unity.

But this is from the perspective of a dude who has played neither game. Just an informed gamer.

Etnos

Banned
I really like the open word systems in the game, the map is well tuned scale wise for the gameplay I imagine is not easy to do.

Said so, thematically... Maybe I'm to much of a tree hugger but I'm starting to feel a bit uncomfortable killing so much wildlife (specially the ones in the brink of extinction like tigers), sometimes it just feels pointless. Also they are depicting tibetan culture as a drug addict savages which is not remotely the case, this is one of the most peaceful people in the word, wasn't because Chinese occupation.

I've been trying to turn of my brain because as I said the game design is good, but man Ubisoft writers still worst in the AAA business IMO. Writing its racist (yeah I know having some white dudes being bad also doesn't excuse it), and personally I not sure if I should be Ok with a videogame that rewards you for killing endangered species.

Top Bottom