• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

garden at the house is tight
as is the gyrocopter

interior lighting package was bogus (waste of $)

Hahah, I bought this the other night too. It seemed to just turn up the dimmer switch on some lights and remove one light from the ceiling? I was expecting a bunch of guady chandeliers and candles. I was bummed.

SJRB

Gold Member
Hahah, I bought this the other night too. It seemed to just turn up the dimmer switch on some lights and remove one light from the ceiling? I was expecting a bunch of guady chandeliers and candles. I was bummed.

The actual house upgrades are 100% garbage, both interior and exterior.

Arrive at the house, see those huge portrait paintings of those cunts Yoghi and BooBoo on the side of the house. Spend like 300,000 pesos to repaint the house and it STILL has those fuck paintings.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Well, main missions, the ones that move the story forward, I know they are marked as Yellow in the progress screen.

was just being facetious :p

I don't know where the campaign missions are either, I end up just wasting an entire day on side stuff or hunting loot.

King326

GeNUVoN.jpg

Feels good bro. Platinumed last night.

Some videos
http://youtu.be/r7xrHNBxX8Y

http://youtu.be/MwJlwZi1Vww

Yeah, I wanted a roaring fireplace, candles, you know... sexy mood lighting. Instead it basically looked exactly the same. At least the tree decoration upgrade jazzed up the exterior a bit.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The actual house upgrades are 100% garbage, both interior and exterior.

Arrive at the house, see those huge portrait paintings of those cunts Yoghi and BooBoo on the side of the house. Spend like 300,000 pesos to repaint the house and it STILL has those fuck paintings.

The garden and bathroom upgrades are quite worth it though!

Double D

Well, main missions, the ones that move the story forward, I know they are marked as Yellow in the progress screen.

The icon with the swords? That's not always the next 'story advancing' mission. A, S, and W are all campaign advancing. I've only done 1 Hurk Mission and 2 Longinus missions but I don't think they are required. Maybe the first one of each of them is, but I'm not sure.

Laekon

Is there a list of vehicles somewhere? I only have one more and I can't figure out what it could be. I'm pretty sure I've used all the different types of boats(jet ski and hover craft) and cars. Besides the little buzz chopper is there another flying vehicle?

Is there a list of vehicles somewhere? I only have one more and I can't figure out what it could be. I'm pretty sure I've used all the different types of boats(jet ski and hover craft) and cars. Besides the little buzz chopper is there another flying vehicle?

There's also both mounted machinegun patrol boat and regular long boat.

Also could have missed some mounted machinegun vehicle.

DrPizza

Banned

Same question; I have a bunch left. No idea what.

Skyzard

Banned
^yep, not sure exactly what it saves (during missions I'm not sure) otherwise works well.

Only 1 save file though.

Need that video proof.
I had that glitch before too, no recording though.

Got some decent ones of other interesting things, need to make some clips.

Ummm.. I'm only halfway through the game.

I was talking about the ending of your webm where you smash your face into those rocks and die. lol.

Lol, I only realised when Randam mentioned it.... it was late or something :p

Teggy

End game spoilers:

Didn't read up at all on the endings, but when Pagan leaves in the chopper, I immediately thought, "well, I need to shoot that down". Whipped out the grenade launcher and laughed out loud when his body ragdolled out the door. Not realizing the last diary was in the ashes room I had to go back for it and found the crash site, although I didn't realize it and missed Pagan's body.

Also, I read that after you finish the game you can

Run into Amita or Sabal. How does that happen?

vypek

End game spoilers:

Didn't read up at all on the endings, but when Pagan leaves in the chopper, I immediately thought, "well, I need to shoot that down". Whipped out the grenade launcher and laughed out loud when his body ragdolled out the door. Not realizing the last diary was in the ashes room I had to go back for it and found the crash site, although I didn't realize it and missed Pagan's body.

Also, I read that after you finish the game you can

Sabal is at the little island where the temple is (the area where you had the last decision to save the temple or destroy it). Amita is in a place called "Tirtha" and you can cast travel there

Skyzard

Banned

Depends on who you sided with.

Sabal is at the temple and Amita is in Tirtha

You can see the other one (if you didn't kill them) at one of the locations too (sabal is near a lake in the north setion (north westish), amita somewhere else - though they don't talk to you - not sure if they come back after you see them once either

Ledhead

Just got to the northern area of the map. Game is a ton of fun so far. Story is so so, but everything else is pretty top notch.

MauroNL

Goddamn I love the buzzsaw! Used to hate when an outpost called in for reinforcements, but those are easy to deal with now. Also unlocked the AMR, the most powerful sniper rifle in the game. Crank up the volume and my seat shakes whenever I fire that baby. This game has me hooked!

Pooya

my ending, probably ruined something D:

shot Pagan's heli. I see you can go after the crash site, not sure If I still can, did I have to do it immediately?

after ending I saw Amita recruiting children, wtf. she was all about progress and protecting little girls now this?

so after the cutscene I did the "right thing" for Kyrat, there was no message or anything though. wonder if it has any effect on future. the story feels like it could go for longer. game was pretty short, shorter than fc3. dlc maybe?

kinda regret shooting Pagan, at least he was straight about his evil shit, unlike Sabal or Amita. letting him go feels better, does he contact you or anything post credit?

somebody tell me what happens in Mohan journals, I'm not in mood of finding and reading all that. thanks.

Double D

I haven't spent this much time bullshitting around in a game since maybe Skyrim. I just went and finished up the towers and did a couple of Outposts on the outskirts of the map just so I could fast travel. I took those with the buzzard/grenade launcher combo. I've barely touched the Longinus and Hurk missions, and I'm maybe 2/3 through the main story.

Also I unlocked the gun you get from getting rank 10 in the arena (buzzsaw maybe?) without playing the arena in-game (thanks companion app!). Between that, the silenced Z93, Bow, and grenade launcher I'm pretty destroying everything.

About 9 hours in, mostly dicking around, but goddamn, the animal attacks have increased by like 100%.

I can pretty much guarantee being attacked/chased by an animal every 10 or so minutes.

Um, I don't have the game, so I can't do that. I'm not gonna pay 60 bucks for an open world game if I don't know whether or not it's got a quicksave.

Press Esc. Click Save.

Behold. Saving anywhere.

No idea about quicksaving, since the game employs a "autosave on approach to relevant target or pickup up crap" method.

Same method as Far Cry 3, tbh. Your loss.

vypek

Um, I don't have the game, so I can't do that. I'm not gonna pay 60 bucks for an open world game if I don't know whether or not it's got a quicksave.

On PS4, you open the main menu with Options and there is an option to save as well as an option to save and quit in there.

And I had no idea that Mohan turned into a scumbag. Didn't read all the journals. Only really paid attention to what happened with Mohan, Ishwari and Pagan which all seems a little sad

Top Bottom