• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

WaLlbaNg

Hey, I just wanted to start Far Cry 4 and was really excited to see sensibility going from 1 to 20.

I am used to the highest sensibility (insane) in COD since MW1. In the new COD games sensibility ranges from 1-20, too.

Is there a comparison or do any values for this figures exist? I tried 20 but it didn't feel completly the same (it was nearly identical), and I dont think there is a benchmark in the indrustry for this. Would be really cool though to have the same sensibility in different shooters.

So is there any information on this, as I am sure that I can enjoy this more on my go-to sensibility which I perfected.

Calabi

Hey, I just wanted to start Far Cry 4 and was really excited to see sensibility going from 1 to 20.

I am used to the highest sensibility (insane) in COD since MW1. In the new COD games sensibility ranges from 1-20, too.

Is there a comparison or do any values for this figures exist? I tried 20 but it didn't feel completly the same (it was nearly identical), and I dont think there is a benchmark in the indrustry for this. Would be really cool though to have the same sensibility in different shooters.

So is there any information on this, as I am sure that I can enjoy this more on my go-to sensibility which I perfected.

Its not going to feel the same mainly because its 30fps in Far Cry 4 vs 60fps in Call of Duty.

Magwik

Banned
I was watching a video (can't remember which) where it said early in the game you
burn down opium fields
. I finally did the mission and am at like 9 hours in playtime. What the hell have I been doing?

Van Owen

Banned
lol so I bought a Samsung evo SSD Monday and just woke up to a free FC4 game code from Amazon. Had no idea they were even doing a promo.

tw1164

I really enjoyed the game, I may play it again to see what the other choices do. I sided w/ Anita.I got my platinum trophy yesterday. I totally misunderstood the Sky Is Falling (Perform a takedown from a Buzzer) trophy. I kept doing death from above takedowns (or dieing if I missed). I had to look up how to do it, I would have never guessed to jack a car from a buzzer. I wish you could could reset the world so I could redo all the open world stuff in co-op. I want access to the whole map so don't want to start a new game.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Jesus, the music that plays when you're
infiltrating De Pleur's party
is so hypnotizing. That entire sequence is so hypnotic and creepy and skin-crawling. This game does an amazing job of making you hate your enemy and want them dead.

ugh, i hated this mission so much. the AI was super sensitive and annoying to deal with. fucking hated this one.

Qwell

Anyone on the Uplay version that has created some meaty arena battles with just a bunch of human people I can go on a takedown spree on? I had a friend on the PS4 version that had one and it gave me around 3k experience so I was able to reach rank 10 fairly quickly. But I have no Uplay friends so its going slow on the PC.

Uplay = Qwell

Ramenman

I'm not playing it a lot, but really enjoying it so far (I'm up to 10 hours I think, cleared most of the first part of the map).

It's basically Far Cry 3 perfected with more activities added, which is all I wanted from it. There are a few cool characters, like Longinus, Noore or De Pleur, it's cool.

And crazy shit keeps happening when you wander around, sometimes it escalates impredictably etc.

Really enjoying it, good job Montreal guys & girls :)

Ellite25

I don't know about you guys, but this game can annoy the hell outta me sometimes. Seems like you get low health super quick, there aren't enough green plants to stock up on syringes so you have to manually heal a lot which takes forever. Sometimes these guys seem like bullet sponges, and the waves and waves of enemies in certain missions can get tedious quite fast. Also, ammo runs out super fast. I've had issues in a couple sections where I just ran out of ammo. The more I play the more my enthusiasm is fading. Seems unnecessarily frustrating at certain points.

I don't know about you guys, but this game can annoy the hell outta me sometimes. Seems like you get low health super quick, there aren't enough green plants to stock up on syringes so you have to manually heal a lot which takes forever. Sometimes these guys seem like bullet sponges, and the waves and waves of enemies in certain missions can get tedious quite fast. Also, ammo runs out super fast. I've had issues in a couple sections where I just ran out of ammo. The more I play the more my enthusiasm is fading. Seems unnecessarily frustrating at certain points.

are you playing on "hard"? if not, use hit and run tactics.

Rizsparky

Head shots work wonders, you can take out heavies with a silenced rifle quite easily. Also, in regards to ammo, there's always stashes of ammo on crates especially in missions, might be worth looking around.

The 'Harvester' skill gives you 2 plants per pick so you can make one syringe from one plant. Near the end of the game, you have plenty of syringes and a much larger health bar.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

I really hate how rough the Hunters seem to be, with how deadly they are they should really be a glass cannon type of enemy. I've had issues finding the animal needed to create the first ammo upgrade and looking online others have to. Really frustrating. The amount of side stuff you have to do to keep up with costs of ammo/syringes I'd say is the only way it became worse than Far Cry 3.

Also, with snipers do you have to account for bullet drop? I've been playing like you do, but it's still hard to line up shots. Much harder than BF for example.

something i think is stupid is the Yuma mission
where you end up killing her in the end after getting drugged and hallucinating. wtf even happened? how could Ajay kill her and all her guards like that?

This airport stealth mission is awful.

how? just
sneaking around the edges taking out a few snipers,
was pretty easy.

dl77

B4Rxc0dIYAAbjEF.jpg:orig

END OF GAME SPOILER:
Bit odd to see him camped up by the side of a lake considering that I'd completed the game and shot him in the head a number of hours earlier!

leng jai

where you end up killing her in the end after getting drugged and hallucinating. wtf even happened? how could Ajay kill her and all her guards like that?

how? just
was pretty easy.

I kept stuffing it up at 5/6 snipers, I'm probably just bad.

Ramenman

By the way though I really enjoy the game as a whole I must say the "Infamous" choices between two characters really annoys me, basically I feel like I always get yelled at by those two main characters no matter what I do, and end up liking the secondary characters better as a result. But I do a lot of free roam in-between my story missions so it doesn't happen too often during a session, but boy surely there was a better way to do that (or maybe not doing it at all is the solution after all, I mean this particular type binary "choice" is so dated it's almost retro in 2014).

i like the UI and menu design too.

Yeah the menus are one of the most notable improvements. You don't notice it at first but just try to remember the hell it was to use the crafting menu in FC3, it was total shit especially on PC.

Here the crafting is so clear it's crazy.

dl77

By the way though I really enjoy the game as a whole I must say the "Infamous" choices between two characters really annoys me, basically I feel like I always get yelled at by those two main characters no matter what I do, and end up liking the secondary characters better as a result.

Lol, yeah I was the same. Every time I did a golden path mission I always dreaded going to the next one because I was guaranteed to get a rollocking from one of them. It was like taking the walk to the headmasters office!

DrPizza

Banned
Jesus, the music that plays when you're
infiltrating De Pleur's party
is so hypnotizing. That entire sequence is so hypnotic and creepy and skin-crawling. This game does an amazing job of making you hate your enemy and want them dead.

Yes, I wish there was an easy way to get this music and the drug music.

The best part of the mission you mention is one of his guards is sort of dancing and going "Pagan Min! Pagan Min!" in a manner not entirely dissimilar to Special Ed's "I Got Mail" piece from Crank Yankers.

theaface

Yes, I wish there was an easy way to get this music and the drug music.

The best part of the mission you mention is one of his guards is sort of dancing and going "Pagan Min! Pagan Min!" in a manner not entirely dissimilar to Special Ed's "I Got Mail" piece from Crank Yankers.

I wanna go to Kyrat... yaaaaaaaaay!

vypek

do dogs count re: clearing an outpost undetected?

Yes, guard dogs are part of enemy teams and killing them counts as clearing the outpost as they are capable of "detecting" you

END OF GAME SPOILER:
Bit odd to see him camped up by the side of a lake considering that I'd completed the game and shot him in the head a number of hours earlier!

Whoa! Thats interesting. I want to see if
I can find him as well as Amita since I killed them both.

Picked up game today and the world and the opening have been fantastic. Much better than the intro of far cry 3. Couple of hours into it and I'm really suprised. The lack of hype made me think this was nothing special but I'm having a blast so far...

Yeah I did that mission yesterday (Yuma:)

I was like what the hell is going on, and then in the end she's dead? I thought the whole thing was weird, and done poorly. I know they didn't show her character much, but I found her to be interesting from the little that they did show, and wanted to actually fight her, not some tripped out drug scenario fighting some guy I had never heard of?

BPK

Would anyone be able to share one of their ten keys to Kyrat codes for ps4? I'd love to try out the game to see if it's worth getting for Christmas but nobody rents games in my city anymore. If you could spare the code, please PM it to me. Thank you!

also idk a dog had me at "full circle" but it didn't blink and i still got my second outpost. ��

Dogs only count as detected when they alert human npcs.

If you leave a dog for last you can just walk into the outpost and shoot it in its doggy face. Will still get the undetected bonus.

I just bailed on it, about halfway through. It was way too grindy and the story takes itself way too seriously.

I don't think I've done an actual missions in hours. lol The only thing on the map is that Golden Path mission (the first one). I'm just exploring and taking care of the bell towers and stuff. This world is maybe too big for its own good..wow.

Had to play the mutiplayer to finish the plat and damn was it bad. I felt like the maps were meant for a larger playerbase and the native side really lacked any customization.

Been playing co-op with a friend, liberating outposts, climbing bell towers, doing side-missions, crafting and generally levelling up. So much fun!

This game really got its hooks in me over the weekend. Man, Far Cry 3 was a lot of fun, but FC4 really blows it away. I'm about 20 hours in and I've only really unlocked half the map.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

I'm having a similar issue. First 3 hours I thought "wow, this game, so good". But last night I was finding random moments where enemies would rip me in half, birds attack while I'm being stealthy, etc. And then after death I respawn far away with no vehicle nearby. The game jumps from super easy to almost unfair - and when it becomes unfair I begin to have flashbacks to Watch Dogs and begin to grow to hate the game.

I think I'm gonna try it one more time with the lowest difficulty. I kind of just want to mess around and ride elephants. (Just got an e-mail right as I was about to hit submit titled "Welcome to Far Cry 4" - spooky)

I'm having a similar issue. First 3 hours I thought "wow, this game, so good". But last night I was finding random moments where enemies would rip me in half, birds attack while I'm being stealthy, etc. And then after death I respawn far away with no vehicle nearby. The game jumps from super easy to almost unfair - and when it becomes unfair I begin to have flashbacks to Watch Dogs and begin to grow to hate the game.

I think I'm gonna try it one more time with the lowest difficulty. I kind of just want to mess around and ride elephants. (Just got an e-mail right as I was about to hit submit titled "Welcome to Far Cry 4" - spooky)
Do you buy body armor from the shops? Have you gotten any of the health upgrades? Those two things make a huge difference in the amount of damage you can take. If you're still having trouble after using those, then yeah, maybe you're just not going to have fun on the difficulty you're playing on.

how? just
was pretty easy.

I feel like they ran out of time with
Yuma. Seems like she came and went :/
In fact the only "officer" I think they did anything decent with was Noore.

With regards to heavys, fire arrow are your friends on those. One hit. The flamethrower ones you'll need explosives or bullets.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Do you buy body armor from the shops? Have you gotten any of the health upgrades? Those two things make a huge difference in the amount of damage you can take. If you're still having trouble after using those, then yeah, maybe you're just not going to have fun on the difficulty you're playing on.

Ya, buy the body armor and the health upgrades are what I went for first.

Sometimes the game is super easy and other times the enemies magically down me in 5 seconds, while I'm on a cliff sniping.

Also, what's the deal with using the copter, flying to the top of a radio tower, parking it and then dying instantly? Happened 4 times in a row before - is the copter sliding into me once I get out? Are the propellers ripping me to pieces? Does the game just hate that I'm cheaping out of their jumping puzzles?

Ya, buy the body armor and the health upgrades are what I went for first.

Sometimes the game is super easy and other times the enemies magically down me in 5 seconds, while I'm on a cliff sniping.

Also, what's the deal with using the copter, flying to the top of a radio tower, parking it and then dying instantly? Happened 4 times in a row before - is the copter sliding into me once I get out? Are the propellers ripping me to pieces? Does the game just hate that I'm cheaping out of their jumping puzzles?

You gotta watch the blades. Sometimes even when you just land on an uneven surface they will get you.

Top Bottom