• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Just started the City of Pain mission. I had to stop as I was getting irritated by it. I hate forced stealth missions. One tiny mistake and its mission over. I'll try again another day.

City of Pain was by FAR the hardest mission for me. I died 10+ times.

Does anyone constantly get disconnections when trying to do co-op? It works like 10% of the time for me, arggh. Just trying to get those co-op trophies.

Just started the City of Pain mission. I had to stop as I was getting irritated by it. I hate forced stealth missions. One tiny mistake and its mission over. I'll try again another day.

Instant fail missions are the worst. I had a lot of trouble with this one, too. Took me probably 15+ tries. Take this bullshit Assassin's Creed crap out of my Far Cry.

BPK

Anyone have a key to Kyrat code that they can share? Please PM me.

Would love to try this before I drop $70 (Canadian) on it...

So far the open world has been amazing but the missions have really sucked. I am up to the 2
yogi
missions and so far the main missions have been lazy and boring. Does it get better than this?

So far the open world has been amazing but the missions have really sucked. I am up to the 2
yogi
missions and so far the main missions have been lazy and boring. Does it get better than this?

I wouldn't say they sucked, but I do think they are the weakest part of an otherwise excellent package. There's just too many "go here & kill" missions. FC3's campaign missions were much stronger.

Would anyone be willing to help me get the Hurk and Vehicle Takedown Co-Op trophies on PS4? I only need a few more to get Platinum and I don't know anyone who owns the game.

YOU'RE LEAVING THE MISSION AREA YOU'RE LEAVING THE MISSION AREA YOU'RE LEAVING THE MISSION AREA

Either let me go where I want in your open world game or at least just show me the bounds of the gd mission area.

YOU'RE LEAVING THE MISSION AREA YOU'RE LEAVING THE MISSION AREA YOU'RE LEAVING THE MISSION AREA

Either let me go where I want in your open world game or at least just show me the bounds of the gd mission area.

Worse thing about this game for sure, especially when the game is telling you to go somewhere but you cant reach it unless you take a really specific route. Any other direction and you get the stupid warning.

Awful awful design.

MYeager

I actually liked that one, though I wished I would've planned for it since the only stealth weapon I was a sniper rifle. Felt like a bad ass ninja making it through with throwing knives and rappelling to/from roofs. If you free one hostage it doesn't make you do that one over again.

Worse thing about this game for sure, especially when the game is telling you to go somewhere but you cant reach it unless you take a really specific route. Any other direction and you get the stupid warning.

Awful awful design.

It happens to me constantly and it makes me feel like I'm just plain playing it wrong somehow.

Pretty upset right now. I was playing a mission where I failed suddenly and it went back to the loading screen. Was a little confused, but whatever. Then I come to find out that now I'm in an infinite loading screen loop.

It loads, says that I failed the mission, then goes back to the loading screen. The loading screen completes, I immediately am back where I failed the mission and I get sent back to the loading screen. Again and again. It's not the Longinus mission, but one of the side missions I guess.

I can't kill myself before it reloads, abandon the mission, fast-travel elsewhere or do anything. About to follow a YouTube comment that describes a fix. Let's hope I don't regret it.

I'm 21 hours into the game. :\

I wouldn't say they sucked, but I do think they are the weakest part of an otherwise excellent package. There's just too many "go here & kill" missions. FC3's campaign missions were much stronger.

Just played
burn it down
after being fed up with the main missions and it had me smiling the whole time. Just awesome gameplay opportunities and I hope the rest of the game follows suit.. It boggles my mind why the devs would add any padding to the main missions because this game has enough content. Just make 6 hours worth of top quality main missions. Hopefully it gets better from here on it but am now excited to carry on...

Found Far Cry 3's setting a lot more enjoyable in all honesty. Kyrat doesn't feel like it has that isolated, tropical beauty feeling that was supported by the theme of of insanity (i.e, there's more than what meets the eye) in the Rook Islands.

KalBalboa

Banned
Really liking this game but just can't get into any of the characters or barely-there plot.

The actual moment to moment gameplay and visuals are top notch though. Can't put it down some nights.

joecanada

Love the game, but agree. The predators in the game are way too plentiful and way too aggressive. I cant even count how many times they ruined a stealthy outpost approach.

Ya they do run like hell from fire though always have molotov active in jungle

Vorheez

Found Far Cry 3's setting a lot more enjoyable in all honesty. Kyrat doesn't feel like it has that isolated, tropical beauty feeling that was supported by the theme of of insanity (i.e, there's more than what meets the eye) in the Rook Islands.
I entirely agree, was actually going to post the same thing. I absolutely loved Far Cry 3 but am finding it difficult to invest myself in 4 because of the setting.

npa189

So after 3 days of marathon I finally finished it.
(don't look unless you are done!)
Apparently I got the bad ending because I chose to kill the "evil" dictator.
I went with Sabal, because starting a revolution with drug money and child soldiers seemed real gross.
I looked up the other endings of youtube, as your choice seems final for your save.
They did a really shitty job of explaining the relationship between the character's parents and Pagan.
Its odd how he is almost the most sane person in the game. "you murdered your way up my mountain" was a great line.
I do really like how if you just listen to him he peacefully leaves and turns the country over to you.
Fuck Yogi and Reggie, and their missions. Just shitty characters all around.

Great game, but they never took it over that edge they needed to just like with Far Cry 3. It feels held back, like a Ubi censoring committee won't let them.
I don't see where they can go with the sequel, I'm not sure if I can do another open world FPS like this, and blood dragon 2 doesn't seem to be happening.
I'm happy to be leaving Kyrat and moving on to my backlog.

SJRB

Gold Member

But there is nothing more than meets the eye in the Rook Islands, that's the problem. The entire "insanity" theme is so sloppy, and casted away midway through the game almost entirely.

I agree that the concept is amazing, but the execution is dramatically flawed. It could've been so cool.

KingGondo

Banned
Thinking of trading in/selling my copy when I finish, which should be soon.

Does any of the DLC look like it's worth keeping the game for?

KingGondo

Banned
Nothing yet. Ubi usually have their major dlc out after 3 - 6 months
Hmm... Considering I can probably get $40+ for it now (and I have lots of other stuff to play and probably can't be bothered to break it out again months from now) I'll likely sell or trade it in.

Thanks!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Alright fuck this. Every other mission has been tolerable but this is ridiculous.

Whichever game designer designed this godawful Yuma bossfight and signed off on it thinking this shit was fun deserves to be knocked upside the head. This is quite possibly the worst designed mission in the whole god game.

"Let's take a game like FarCry which is about using guns and explosives to have fun and instead give the player a shitty bow and 10 enemies constantly setting him on fire so he can't heal. And even better, it's so dark you can't even see the enemies!! SUCH FUN!!!"

/rant

This is much more annoying in Advanced Warfare multiplayer.

Games gives me a jetpack and then dictates where I can go.

Fuck you game, where I go there are no rules.

Dover

Neo Member
having a issue with co op on ps4, i can invite a friend and it works no worries but i cant join a freinds game via invite, it loads for awhile then spits me to main menu. i can also play mp.
Any ideas?

So can you just not use the hang glider that's right outside of Banapur?

Every time I try to use it I hit the tree that's right next to it and die. You can't steer away from it.

What are you all talking about??? City of Pain was awesome. I was expecting the worst mission ever from what I've heard but I had a blast. You only get failed sign when you set off alarms so I was killin dudes left and right. Ha, I'm hoping the other mission everyone hates will be as good as this one...

bootymac

Neo Member
The stealth in this game is aggravating. I hate how the entire Royal Army is aware of your exact location the second a guard sees you. I'm looking at you, City of Pain

Also, I hope Ubi releases an alternate campaign where you actually get to tear shit up with Pagan

The stealth in this game is aggravating. I hate how the entire Royal Army is aware of your exact location the second a guard sees you. I'm looking at you, City of Pain

But dat sinister yet pumping music. I didn't mind failing so many goddamn times cause I loved the music in that mission.

Korten

Banned
:(

On PS4 tried to do Keys of Kyrat with my friend, he downloaded Far Cry 4, but it told him that this feature was unavaliable.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Top Bottom