• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

i dont understand what the escape from durgesh prison dlc is. For anyone that has played the game, how does this make sense in the story?

Or is it meant to be noncanon

Edit: Nvm, its apparently just challenge stuff. Interest lost

My brother and I are playing together, and he finished the game on his run before I did.

Here's my thoughts on the ending (I myself just
survived the shelling of Utarshk)

This is my head-canon:

Let Pagan Min go. He's pretty much the only person in the country that likes Ajay and has no ulterior motive with him. He doesn't use him as a propaganda mouthpiece, to win any wars, or anything. He just genuinely cares about Ajay and Ajay's mother. Plus, he gave me Kyrat.

After Yuma's drug trip, Ajay no longer trusts Amita... but he never trusted Sabal's intentions in the first place. Between turning the country into a narco-state and a conservative hellhole, Ajay was stuck between the two, but here's an opportunity to finally tweak things to my advantage.

First, Bhadra asks you to make a choice between the two, and I choose Sabal, not cause I actually want her to be the whole Kyra reincarnation thing, but because it's part of Ajay's gambit. Plus, Bhadra is safe cause Sabal won't try to killer (I know Amita has Bhadra killed in her post-ending). So with Bhadra "safe", I take down Amita's support and exile her from the country (but don't kill her).

Afterwards, we take the fight to Pagan, battle up his mountain, and then negotiate with him. After Ajay finally puts his mother to rest next to Lakshmana, I allow Pagan Min to go. Killing him serves no further purpose and he basically did just name me his heir.

Afterwards, Ajay walks back down the mountain to discover Sabal about to commit his purge. This confirms my suspicions about him and I put two in his head.

Kyrat now belongs to Ajay Ghale, who is the only one out of all the cast that has a shot at giving Kyrat a good future.

Boom!

bobawesome

Pretty ticked with Youtube. I'm listening to music and I glance at the sidebar and see a massive spoiler for Far Cry 4. Sure, the story isn't the strong point of the game but this was something I didn't think would happen/you could do. Just...ugh. I watched Giant Bomb's quick look for the game and probably an announcement trailer. I have to find a way to turn this shit off.

Zombine

Banned
Quick question, and if this has been answered prior I apologize, but why in gods name does this game run like trash on my new PC? I'm running 8 gigs of ram, I bought GTX 970...and it honest to god runs like I'm playing it on a 14 year old computer. The framerate is all fucked up, and it's pretty disappointing.

Is anyone able to help me with one of the co-op trophies? I wasn't intending to platinum the game but since I've ended up only 2 trophies away I might as well make the push. I just need to perform a vehicle takedown from the passenger seat and gain enough levels to get all the perks (3 away).

Edit: Only need "Changing Lanes" now. I'm PS4 btw.

Quick question, and if this has been answered prior I apologize, but why in gods name does this game run like trash on my new PC? I'm running 8 gigs of ram, I bought GTX 970...and it honest to god runs like I'm playing it on a 14 year old computer. The framerate is all fucked up, and it's pretty disappointing.

I play games on consoles to avoid things like this. But are your video drivers all up to date?

is finding all these masks worth it? probably not, I'm doing it anyway.

I do like one mission maybe every 2 hours. Literally, the rest of the time, I'm in the buzzer getting the loot chests, propaganda posters and masks.

After hating Far Cry 3 after playing it for like 2 hours, FC4 is fucking incredible to me.

Interested in getting this game, but I have to ask - do you guys think there's any chance it may appear on a sale during the holidays? I'm talking about Steam sale exclusively.

I did like FC3 and had fun with it, but I'm told this game isn't really worth the full price of admission.

MYeager

Interested in getting this game, but I have to ask - do you guys think there's any chance it may appear on a sale during the holidays? I'm talking about Steam sale exclusively.

I did like FC3 and had fun with it, but I'm told this game isn't really worth the full price of admission.

There have been sales/deals on it already I believe, and Ubisoft games tend to have deals on them not too long after launch.

Personally I waited until Far Cry 3 was $20, loved it and bought this day one though I rarely ever pay full price for games. Unless you're expecting a good narrative I find it to be absolutely worth the price of admission.

I'm just gonna assume everyone did what i did. endgame spoilers.
let min live to hear him out and then immediately shot down his helicopter after his last line. also i didn't kill sabal so most of his speech during our meal didn't make a whole lot of sense. still, shooting down his copter and THE KING IS DEAD / FIN while "Should I Stay or Should I Go" kicked in again was pretty awesome, i had a big grin on my face.

EDIT yes you can play after the "final" mission

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I got the digital version of this today from that Daily Game Deals site. I finish the prologue and it says the install (which I take to mean download) is at 59%. Can this finish while I play another game, or do you actually have to leave the game open? It is not showing anything about download or installation progress in the system notifications area.

bobawesome

Game was great.... until I hit an auto-fail stealth mission.

Not happy at all with this design decision. Kills my momentum.

Was this the
15th or 16th mission where you have to find De Pleur?
If so, that was a pain and stopped me from playing for a few days. When I did come back I just focused on collectables because I was dreading the mission.

Braag

Man, the wild life in this game is even crazier than in FC3. Where ever I go there seems to be a pack of wolves tailing me at all times.
Also on PC the simulated fur pretty much destroys my frames but the normal fur looks pretty damn good too, I was pretty impressed by that :p

Autofokus

I got the digital version of this today from that Daily Game Deals site. I finish the prologue and it says the install (which I take to mean download) is at 59%. Can this finish while I play another game, or do you actually have to leave the game open? It is not showing anything about download or installation progress in the system notifications area.

You can play other games, or put the system into standby - it keeps background downloading. Hit 'Options' -> 'Information' on the game tile to see the progress.

B4D1E

Do you, guys, think the DLC's ( like the Syringe mission, ...) will be available later? Or they're exclusive to the Season Pass?

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
You can play other games, or put the system into standby - it keeps background downloading. Hit 'Options' -> 'Information' on the game tile to see the progress.
Thanks for the info. This is the first time I have downloaded something that did not automatically show the progress in download notifications.

Zombine

Banned
So I found out why the game ran like shit...turns out that I had my one monitor plugged into the on board video slot instead of my 970 and it would default to the intelHD graphics regardless of if I set the 970 as the default or not.

So I found out why the game ran like shit...turns out that I had my one monitor plugged into the on board video slot instead of my 970 and it would default to the intelHD graphics regardless of if I set the 970 as the default or not.

Well there you go. No go kill some of those eagles for me. I hate those assholes.

SJRB

Gold Member
Jaguars, tigers and rhinos also seem to be assholes. And badgers. Jesus Christ, I almost died three or four times from badger attacks early on. WAT!?

I one-shot rhinos with the RPG-7.

I run like hell when I hear the sound of a badger, fuck those guys.

I love how even heavy weapons guys freak out.

"O NO, HONEY BADGER!! RUN!"

I run like hell when I hear the sound of a badger, fuck those guys.

I love how even heavy weapons guys freak out.

"O NO, HONEY BADGER!! RUN!"

XD

I find that the shotgun seems to be the best solution for the big cats and any of the small creatures that rush you, like badgers.

bobawesome

I got all the collectables in the world, save the obvious one. Time to advance the story, I guess.

edit: Never mind.

Alright, I have to say that I loved the ending. I was surprised considering Far Cry 3 had one of the absolute worst endings in a game I can recall.

Terribleness

Neo Member
Sooooo.. something weird and shitty just happened. Bought the game and I played the intro last night, to the part where they torture my friend downstairs. Today I update the file from PSN and I hit continue... and I get the ending? Uh... What? I got some scene and the credits rolled.

I get off a copter and the guy in the purple suit is telling me about my family and I place the urn on a shrine and then he says lets go shoot some guns and the credits roll by :(

Beyond disappointed if so.

Sooooo.. something weird and shitty just happened. Bought the game and I played the intro last night, to the part where they torture my friend downstairs. Today I update the file from PSN and I hit continue... and I get the ending? Uh... What? I got some scene and the credits rolled.

I get off a copter and the guy in the purple suit is telling me about my family and I place the urn on a shrine and then he says lets go shoot some guns and the credits roll by :(

Beyond disappointed if so.

Haha! That is the easter egg ending :p You get it for waiting in the starting area for too long.

Top Bottom