• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

This game has a season pass. Any idea what the DLC will consist of?

There was a description on PSN when I looked at it the other day. A new syringe, Escape from Durgesh Prison mission, a new multiplayer mode, the Hurk Deluxe Pack and the Valley of the Yeti mission.

Only that last interests me, so I'll probably just buy that one alone.

bootymac

Neo Member
Finished the campaign the other night and my fingers are crossed for a "tear shit up" alternate campaign with Pagan Min. I hated being Sabal/Amita's bottom bitch and I couldn't care less about the Golden Path.

Lackluster campaign aside, the music was spot on. The Bombay Royale songs were awesome. The song during
the drive to Pagan Min
reminded me of an Indian Kill Bill

Nizz

Sorry if it's been covered but after the last patch that borked the god rays, is the framerate in this game still solid (PS4)? I got this game as a Christmas gift and can't wait to play it but I will be very disappointed if the framerate was in any way compromised...

Putty

Sorry if it's been covered but after the last patch that borked the god rays, is the framerate in this game still solid (PS4)? I got this game as a Christmas gift and can't wait to play it but I will be very disappointed if the framerate was in any way compromised...

In the gazillion hours so far, I've not noticed a single drop. Honestly, I have to applaud Ubi on this.

t hicks

Banned
I keep running into some audio bugs when I play offline (no sound for footsteps,doors opening/closing, selecting weapons, reloading etc.), but none of this is present when I play online.
Anyone else running into this? I don't really play co-op or anything so I'd rather play offline, this is pretty annoying...

I'm on PS4, btw.

Putty

I keep running into some audio bugs when I play offline (no sound for footsteps,doors opening/closing, selecting weapons, reloading etc.), but none of this is present when I play online.
Anyone else running into this? I don't really play co-op or anything so I'd rather play offline, this is pretty annoying...

I'm on PS4, btw.

I only play in offline mode and this is not something I've come across myself.

I run like hell when I hear the sound of a badger, fuck those guys.

I love how even heavy weapons guys freak out.

"O NO, HONEY BADGER!! RUN!"

Hah, did you do the rare animal hunt for the special white badger yet? It's hilarious, the game asks you THREE TIMES if you're sure you want to take the mission. Then on the mission proper the badger's hunting ground is FULL of dead bodies of hunters, tigers, rhinos etc. The build up to his appearance is ridiculously over-the-top, but then he actually shows up and I kill him in seconds, lol.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
There was a description on PSN when I looked at it the other day. A new syringe, Escape from Durgesh Prison mission, a new multiplayer mode, the Hurk Deluxe Pack and the Valley of the Yeti mission.

Only that last interests me, so I'll probably just buy that one alone.

That seems nothing like nothing worth remotely close to $30 or even $20

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
does this game have a lot of repetitive missions? im thinking about picking up the PS4 version but im not sure if i would like it.

You are never forced to do too many of any mission type. (for game progression, or trophies)

So, this doesn't become a problem, really. When you clear an outpost, you can pick and choose which new missions to do and ignore the rest (racing... fuck you!)

The best side missions are the Fashion Week missions, by the way. Did all of those and wished for more. It turns vanilla hunting missions into cool boss encounters.

I'm finally back onto the story since I did almost everything (except for a few side missions and one item, because I can't get it yet) in the Southern part of the map. I have 20 extra skill points lined up and I can't even use them right now lol.

I'm finally back onto the story since I did almost everything (except for a few side missions and one item, because I can't get it yet) in the Southern part of the map. I have 20 extra skill points lined up and I can't even use them right now lol.

lol I did a bunch of coop so i have the same amount of skill points. I guess i should do more missions to unlock the abilities!

Anyone else running into this? I don't really play co-op or anything so I'd rather play offline, this is pretty annoying..

As far as I know you have to actively initiate co-op to get other people into your game, so you can always play online and never worry about some chucklehead coming in.

I plat'd the game and always played online and never once had a single person join my game, even when a friend wanted to join and get the co-op trophies I had to initiate it (i think one of the d-pad buttons starts co-op mode), he couldn't just join my game like in Destiny/etc.

vypek

I'm on PS4, btw.

I had it a couple times when I was playing. Can't remember how I solved it. Whether it was to respawn or quit out and then start up again. Happened two times within my 30+ hours of playing the game

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yeah, but Season Passes seem like the thing everyone puts out now due to the success a few games have had with it. Like I said, I'll buy the Yeti mission by itself, and that's it.

I felt for Borderlands 2 it was worth it.

Nowadays season passes have extra goodies attached to them to further entice people.

Ugh.

I just beat it. Pagan Min was the best thing about the game. I was rather disappointed by the ending though.
Even though I only sided with Amita, it doesn't seem like choosing her over Sabal had any effect on the outcome. You still choose to kill Pagan, or not.
I had fun, but I think I liked FC3 just a little more since I thought it had a better story and choices. However, this one seemed a lot more challenging.

It's also the last cross-gen game I'll ever play. The screen tearing on the PS3 version made my eyes hurt.

Oh, and fuck the Honey Badger. I was sitting there just nailing it with arrows, and it took 10 of them to do it in.

Megasoum

Banned
Is it me or there's a hanglider right outside the first town (on the west side of the map) that everything you get on it you immediatly crash into a tree?

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Are the more expensive weapons worth buying, or do you basically stumble across good ones over the course of the campaign? I never got around to playing FC3, so I didn't realize until about an hour in that weapons degradation was chucked out. Using wild animals to attack enemies never gets old.

Is it me or there's a hanglider right outside the first town (on the west side of the map) that everything you get on it you immediatly crash into a tree?

That has happened to me twice. I just use the zipline to get down and then jump into a vehicle. Auto driving to way points is really cool, since you can just look at what is going on around you without having to steer.

I know everyone is praising this game but I'm having a tough time having fun with this game... What bothers me the most is the gunplay and the enemies animations after getting shot... You can shoot them as much as you can but you still have to wait for the getting shot animation to be able to effectively shot him again it's a little annoying... I just got the flamethrower and it's the best gun I have used... Also the missions get repetitive and having to climb those towers over and over to liberate the areas os not fun.. I might be playing it wrong or FC wasn't made for me

I know everyone is praising this game but I'm having a tough time having fun with this game... What bothers me the most is the gunplay and the enemies animations after getting shot... You can shoot them as much as you can but you still have to wait for the getting shot animation to be able to effectively shot him again it's a little annoying... I just got the flamethrower and it's the best gun I have used... Also the missions get repetitive and having to climb those towers over and over to liberate the areas os not fun.. I might be playing it wrong or FC wasn't made for me

The game is too crowded with stuff, and a lot of it isn't fun. You can turn off the hud, but what I wanted to do was turn off all of the collectibles and half of the missions.

i just picked this up on Saturday morning via gamedealdaily for $38, looking forward to trying this out after Mordor. it will be my first time playing any Far Cry, so I hope its as good as everyone says!

I'm on PS4, btw.

Usually online and also on PS4.

Have come across this recently myself...usually see/hear it when I'm leaving the homestead door. It seems to go away after a few minutes though.

The game is too crowded with stuff, and a lot of it isn't fun. You can turn off the hud, but what I wanted to do was turn off all of the collectibles and half of the missions.
Yeah I might do the same, I feel the map it's a bit overwhelming with all the stuff to do but I know it's a Ubi game similar to ac map style..

The game is too crowded with stuff, and a lot of it isn't fun. You can turn off the hud, but what I wanted to do was turn off all of the collectibles and half of the missions
Yeah I might do the same, I feel the map it's a bit overwhelming with all the stuff to do but I know it's a Ubi game similar to ac map style..

I'm enjoying it more than you guys, but I can see your points. Like you've both mentioned, i'd just turn off the HUD and explore... probably the most fun I've had doing it that way.

Jim

Auto driving to way points is really cool, since you can just look at what is going on around you without having to steer.

It took me 3/4 of the game to realize that you can regulate the auto-drive's cruise control speed by accelerating/braking. Setting it at full speed is a recipe for disaster with faster vehicles hah.

I'm on PS4, btw.

Yeah, it kept happening to me towards the end of the game. Seemed mostly when I would load up a save at the house.

Fast traveling somewhere would fix it. Kind of annoying that it's still there after all these patches..

Definitely overwhelming, but I've learned to just pick 1 particular thing I'm going to do for that play session, and just do that. So, I see that I need to do X number of this particular type of mission for a gun I want, I only do those for my play session.

Or, all I do is get propaganda posters, or masks, or what have you. Or decide hey, I want to go here now, so I go climb the tower and liberate the closest outpost.

I've found that just setting up little goals for yourself is a good way to go about the game considering how many different directions it tries to pull you.

Definitely overwhelming, but I've learned to just pick 1 particular thing I'm going to do for that play session, and just do that. So, I see that I need to do X number of this particular type of mission for a gun I want, I only do those for my play session.

Or, all I do is get propaganda posters, or masks, or what have you. Or decide hey, I want to go here now, so I go climb the tower and liberate the closest outpost.

I've found that just setting up little goals for yourself is a good way to go about the game considering how many different directions it tries to pull you.
Yeah I was reading some Kotaku tips go play the game and right now I'm hunting to upgrade the loot bags and other stuff

bobawesome

Does anyone know the reward for getting 100%, if any?

I was told the
double damage perk
is what you receive for achieving 50% game completion but I'm not sure how true that is.

Putty

+1

There's so much to do! I play in 30/45 min stints which will see me well into the new year.

slop101

Banned
I had fun with the first 10 hours of the game, but that only cleared about 25% of the map, after which it just got kinda' tedious. If I had some kind of OCD, I'd probably stick with it (and curse it) to clear the whole map and achieve most of the objectives. But as it is, I'm confident that I've seen everything this game has to offer.

I feel kinda bad that someone actually had to spend a good amount of time working on something as useless and terrible as the Shangrila missions.

Just finished the story mode mission, never touching the optional ones. Ugh.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Anyone with the PS4 version of the game notice that the PS4 is CONSTANTLY reading the disc? Does this change? Haven't got this update installed yet.

GRaider81

Just got the plat. Loved it.

Wasnt to keen on the shangrila missions, I only did 2.

Overall a great game even if it was just a reskin of 3.

Top Bottom