• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

How should I takedown a soldier from a buzzer?

You need the vehicle takedown skill and just chase a vehicle with enemies. When you get the prompt (press L3 on PS4, don't know for other platforms), you perform the takedown. You can't takedown an enemy just hanging around, he must be inside a vehicle.

Anyone know when The Syringe mission as part of the season pass becomes available to play?

Oh, apparently it's supposed to show up after the mission "A Cultural Exchange" I'm already past that and nothing showing up :/
Anyone know how to fix this? I wouldn't mind having access to what I've paid extra for

K I feel like a idiot, What button is grappling hook? havent used it since the beginning of the game and now can't figure it out...PS4 BTW

Well, you can only use it on certain places that you climb. Once you look at the area to grapple to, it will prompt you to press and hold square to grapple to it. Then R2 to climb.

I'm playing it on the PS4 and I ran into an issue regarding picking up things-

I did Rebel Yell last night, and couldn't pick up the mines to defend the outpost, and today I found a downed plane with some things nearby, and couldn't pick up a Shotgun leaning against a plane(But I could pick up a revolver a few feet away.)

They were both doing their shiny thing when it shows they're pick up able....but...yeah...

I've spent ~50% of the time messing with physics, using C4 to launch pickups full of bodies off the side of cliffs. You know, normal stuff like that.

The story mode is decent enough but side missions get old.

Love the ability to travel by air. That wonky, jerry-rigged, bare-bones helicopter is something else. Actually, it's more like a flying seat than a helicopter, but useful as hell.

Interaction between humans and animals and animals themselves is a nice touch; makes for some cool viewing.

I was dicking around, trying to drive a pickup through dense trees and plants as fast as I could without crashing and, at full speed, in the course of 1-2 seconds, I suddenly see a deer leaping out of some thick brush right in fucking front of me and running full speed at an angle towards me, and right behind it I see that cougar thing. I wince. Amazingly, the deer is spared from being blown the fuck up by the truck by a hair and the cougar just takes it almost square on. I didn't even have time to react. At first I laughed, but then I felt kind of bad.

The game is fun, no doubt. Feel like it's warming me up for Just Cause 3.

Megasoum

Banned
HOLY SHIT Hahahahahaha

I wanted to do a "Pagan's Wrath" event (destroy a heavily armored convoy) so I get into a pickup and start chasing the 3 jeeps. Once I get close I shoot the closest one with my grenade launcher and destroys it. Then I shoot the second one and destroys it too.

At the point the last remaining jeep was crossing a bridge so I'm about to shoot it but before I had a chance a rhino came out of fucking nowhere and rammed it. The jeep starts flipping around with the two guys ragdolling out.

I brake to a stop in the middle of the bridge when suddenly the rhino turns around and starts charging me so I go full speed in reverse while shooting it with my grenade launcher until I fell down a cliff hahahahaha

OMG I love that game.

HOLY SHIT Hahahahahaha

I wanted to do a "Pagan's Wrath" event (destroy a heavily armored convoy) so I get into a pickup and start chasing the 3 jeeps. Once I get close I shoot the closest one with my grenade launcher and destroys it. Then I shoot the second one and destroys it too.

At the point the last remaining jeep was crossing a bridge so I'm about to shoot it but before I had a chance a rhino came out of fucking nowhere and rammed it. The jeep starts flipping around with the two guys ragdolling out.

I brake to a stop in the middle of the bridge when suddenly the rhino turns around and starts charging me so I go full speed in reverse while shooting it with my grenade launcher until I fell down a cliff hahahahaha

OMG I love that game.

Yeah, those random events are always fun when completely unpredictable things happen. I once had the Pagan's Wrath convoy stop to attack me when I flew passed them on a buzzer, then the ENTIRE convoy got taken out by two rhinos. I just sort of floated there watching and got the karma and money reward, lol. Seriously, do not fuck with rhinos in this game.

B4D1E

I just did the "Serynge" Season Pass mission. Not super long but was really fun. Really epic.

I had the feeling, it was a fun content.

It's a shame you can't get that mission if you didn't buy the bundle. Is it available if you buy the season pass? I might get it if it's on (really good) sale.

Edit: Yeah I'm a member now!!!

ZeroX03

Banned
COOP
As not every journey should be taken alone, Far Cry 4 allows for a second player to drop in and drop out at any point. You can explore the game world together. During coop, the joining player will play as Hurk, while the host remains Ajay.

Guys how deep is the co-op? Can I do the majority of the game's activities with a friend? We're always on the lookout for good titles and it's Xmas time so I'm thinking of splurging and getting it for us.

Also does it have connection issues like Assassin's Creed? We could never connect with each other in IV and Unity but every other game is fine.

Dunlop

It's there a way to save our is it only check points?

Just started, but had to leave at one point and when I played again I lost a ton of progress

Megasoum

Banned
I had the feeling, it was a fun content.

It's a shame you can't get that mission if you didn't buy the bundle. Is it available if you buy the season pass? I might get it if it's on (really good) sale.

Edit: Yeah I'm a member now!!!

Yeah I bought the season pass after buying the game.

Also if you're on PC you can get it for around 15$ on Nuveem.

LeFAIS

Seems the God rays are back in the game. Via update 1.4 just installed it.

FoCcdsC

Now that I finally got it working I can say I like the game and it's very pretty but, and this is a big but, the game is almost undone by the psychopathic wildlife. It was never this bad in 2 and 3 but now it's virtually impossible to get anything done without fending of rabid, insane animals. It's frustrating and doesn't enhance gameplay but seriously inhibits it. Is there a mod to make the wildlife less psychotic?

I bought this game because I was always planning to and I'm tired of waiting it drop to 30 bucks, figured 40 is close enough. It's good so far. Graphics are nice, not sure what the story is about, I'm some guy that belongs to some tribe I think? And now I'm in some sort of civil war.

The animals add a cool element. I shot a rhino a ton of times and he didn't die. I'm guessing I'm gonna need a bigger gun.

Jeez...24 hours in and I finally have access to the North. :)

Those Shangri-La missions can piss off..wow those are bad. Now its time to get on a buzzer and take care of the remaining towers!

There is one lost letter that I can't seem to get in the South. Its sorta under a hill and I can't find any cave or water well anywhere. I'll look for it another time. Fun game!

Achieved platinum last night; big thank you to the random person that finally allowed me to get that annoying co-op vehicle take down trophy. Game has been a blast.

Had a random thing happen where I was throwing a molotov at a sniper, and he shot it in mid air and it exploded; I laughed.

Guys how deep is the co-op? Can I do the majority of the game's activities with a friend? We're always on the lookout for good titles and it's Xmas time so I'm thinking of splurging and getting it for us.

Also does it have connection issues like Assassin's Creed? We could never connect with each other in IV and Unity but every other game is fine.

You can do non-main mission stuff in co-op.

But there are major connection issues on PS4, at least for some people. I started a thread on reddit asking about other peoples' experiences and a lot of people said they can rarely get in a co-op game. Works maybe 20% of the time for me.

ZeroX03

Banned
You can do non-main mission stuff in co-op.

But there are major connection issues on PS4, at least for some people. I started a thread on reddit asking about other peoples' experiences and a lot of people said they can rarely get in a co-op game. Works maybe 20% of the time for me.

Man that sucks. Ubisoft games are the only ones that have serious issues for me. Whatever net code they're using needs to go.

Picked up the game anyway. Couldn't hurt to try.

I'm about 25 hours in, 60% completion, and I'm really starting to get burned out on this game. Just completed the first mission in act 3 where
you escape from prison.
I haven't even unlocked the top half of the map, yet I feel I have already seen everything the game has to offer. I was having fun with it at first, but there is just so much padding and repetitiveness that it's starting to feel like a chore to play. It's reminding me of why I stopped playing the AC games. Does the game get any better from here or is it just more of the same? I hate giving up on games, but I have a backlog and feel this one just isn't respecting my time.

I have this game waiting for me under the Christmas tree. So many choices for games to play first but this one is really exciting me.

Should I immediately purchase the Season Pass for the additional content, or does that stuff come into play later in the game?

Cheers

Man that sucks. Ubisoft games are the only ones that have serious issues for me. Whatever net code they're using needs to go.

Picked up the game anyway. Couldn't hurt to try.

Well, the good news is once you get in a game, you can stay there basically forever and it's really fun. Might just have to try over and over to get it to work.

Aces&Eights

Jeez...24 hours in and I finally have access to the North. :)

Those Shangri-La missions can piss off..wow those are bad. Now its time to get on a buzzer and take care of the remaining towers!

There is one lost letter that I can't seem to get in the South. Its sorta under a hill and I can't find any cave or water well anywhere. I'll look for it another time. Fun game!

You will go there later on a mission. The doors are locked until then.

...snip... Does the game get any better from here or is it just more of the same? I hate giving up on games, but I have a backlog and feel this one just isn't respecting my time.

Not really. I mean, it's more of the same. I was in the same boat. Played so much then when the North unlocked I had fatigue. So, I just took a buzzer and flew to all the towers and the remaining bases and beat those. Once done I just plowed through the story and said fuck the collectables. No trophies for them and I was already super over powered and had unlocked pretty much every gun. That said, I can't blame Ubisoft because I have this horrible habit of immediately going astray in open world games. I can put in 40 hours and not do one story mission. I would love for them to drop the collectable count down and put them all behind guards. That way, I at least have to fight to get them. Flying around in a buzzer to collect 150 Pagan Min Propaganda posters got really old. Add the fact that there is no achievement for them and well....

Flying around in a buzzer to collect 150 Pagan Min Propaganda posters got really old. Add the fact that there is no achievement for them and well....

I'm pretty happy about that. the most grindy trophy/achievement is probably the 24 outposts, but at least those play out a little differently each time. Thank god it's not like "do EVERY bomb defusing/hunting mission/hostage rescue," etc.

ktroopa

Pc v1.6 update is out. All ive read on the ubi forums is it breaks game saving so erm think il wait for v1.7.. :/

For those that metion god rays are back, i assume you mean back but not as strong as they used to be. The effect has been toned dwn afaik.

Does anyone know if the code I get from GreenManGaming will work on Steam, or is it exclusive to UPlay?

Pretty sure all the ubi games on gmg and other 3rd party sites are uplay only. Stick of truth is the one exception I can think of since its steamworks. In any event, check the top of the game page and it says DRM: Uplay. No mention of Steam.

Aces&Eights said:
Not really. I mean, it's more of the same. I was in the same boat. Played so much then when the North unlocked I had fatigue. So, I just took a buzzer and flew to all the towers and the remaining bases and beat those. Once done I just plowed through the story and said fuck the collectables. No trophies for them and I was already super over powered and had unlocked pretty much every gun. That said, I can't blame Ubisoft because I have this horrible habit of immediately going astray in open world games. I can put in 40 hours and not do one story mission. I would love for them to drop the collectable count down and put them all behind guards. That way, I at least have to fight to get them. Flying around in a buzzer to collect 150 Pagan Min Propaganda posters got really old. Add the fact that there is no achievement for them and well....

The outposts are really the only thing I enjoy about the game so I suppose I'll clear them out and then see how I feel about doing the rest. The collectibles in this game are so mindless and tedious. Literally just setting your waypoint to 100s of random locations and then figuring out the fastest way to get there.

Skyzard

Banned
Then after you complete an outpost and think about resting in the bed they give you/save the game or do something else, you are immediately greeted by an npc screaming help me, help me! They're raping them!

As they sit there with their hands tied up in your room.

Every outpost.

Whoever thought that was good is an idiot.

Raptor

Shot me straight, if I only want to collect shit and kill as much as possible with all kinds of weapons is this for me?

I have GTA5 but it just dont click with me.

Skyzard

Banned
The actual gameplay was a lot of fun for me. Close to the most fun I've had (Evolve is number 1 for this year due to MP - I heard this is great in co-op too but haven't got to check it out yet).

The environment looking fantastic helped a lot with the immersion and enjoyment, lack of proper god rays dampens that now on PC for me. There is a slight chance it's a bug but good luck getting a fix on pc.

I read the demo was simple to check out yourself now (don't need that key anymore).

Top Bottom