• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Season 2 - a new true crime chapter takes us to 1979 Sioux Falls - Mon on FX

groovy_army_of_darkness.gif

- THR: 'Fargo's' Patrick Wilson Wanted to "Capture the Spirit" of Lou Solverson
Lou is really good at compartmentalizing — how does he handle it?

He definitely compartmentalizes it, and as a Midwesterner, I'm sure it's even more so. ... These are not the passionate, Southern people I grew up with who scream and yell at dinner and throw the whiskey back. That's not Lou. Obviously he deals with that horror a much different way. That's incredibly exciting to play.

Did you talk much with Noah about playing what was under that placid surface?

A couple times. And then with each director — we had some who were more emotionally driven and some who were more technically different, and that's always interesting. ... There were only a handful of times where it was, "Let's bring this out a little more." And they had been with Noah and discussed it with Noah. So even if Noah or the other writers weren't on set — that is one thing about this show. There is a tone throughline from showrunner to writers to directors to actors that is pretty seamless. I think that reflects in the work. Every time you talked to a director, you knew they had talked extensively with Noah about this moment. ... That was a real blessing.
And now that he's on the family's radar, presumably there's more confrontation to come?

I relished those moments [with the Gerhardts]. The still photographer on set was a former cop for about 30 years. So every take I would run up to him and say "How do I look? Am I holding the gun right?" He was so helpful to me. It was just little things, like keeping your hand always on your piece.

Those moments where the strength of Lou's stillness [shows], that was in there. There are all these crazy characters around you — you've got the German frau in front of you. You've got Angus eating with the filthy cast, and then Donovan rolls in like a crazy villain. (Laughs.) That was one of those moments — there are some very character-defining moments. Then you see your buddy cop that has no respect — he obviously realizes, "Wow, these guys just own you," and that is not the way I roll. I loved just sitting back into my holster and saying, "Bring it." That was a big episode for Lou's character. ... He's so understated that you have to see him in those situations, both with Donovan and with Bokeem [Woodbine] that you go, "OK, that's the type of cop he is." That sets itself pretty good going forward.

mnannola

I am sure this has been asked a million times, but is there a way to watch the first season of this show? I have cable and FX and the FX streaming app, but I can't find anywhere to actually watch the first season. I don't have Hulu.

Does this mean it's airing 21 minutes late or that it will be 21 minutes longer?
What griffy said. I'll try and clean up the language on those so it'll be a little more clear next time.

10-15 minutes of extra commercials.
Heh, it depends on the episode. Some of them have completely reasonable runtimes for the timeslot and other ones cram in an absurd number of additional commercials.

I am sure this has been asked a million times, but is there a way to watch the first season of this show? I have cable and FX and the FX streaming app, but I can't find anywhere to actually watch the first season. I don't have Hulu.
IIRC, it's a Hulu exclusive at this point, so you'd have to subscribe there or purchase elsewhere (e.g. iTunes, Amazon). They do FX reruns occasionally, but that's probably ended since S2 is on now.

mnannola

IIRC, it's a Hulu exclusive at this point, so you'd have to subscribe there or purchase elsewhere (e.g. iTunes, Amazon). They do FX reruns occasionally, but that's probably ended since S2 is on now.

Guess I will have to bite the bullet and get Hulu then. Thanks.

Lunar FC

They do free trials, but I don't know what the terms are. You might be able to burn through it before your trial runs out.

The trail is for a week. So you might have to binge a little to get all of season one done but it's worth it. Also make sure to cancel before it auto-renews because hulu is ass.

-griffy-

Banned
So do we think Ed's gonna work out his insufficient funds issue with the bank this week? I mean, jeez. You know? There's the fella in Sleepy Eye. He's gonna make an offer and...well...insufficient funds!

IronRinn

This episode is fucking intense!

I'll be honest, I was hoping for a little more Brad Garrett before they offer him. So it goes.

Top Bottom