• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Season 2 - a new true crime chapter takes us to 1979 Sioux Falls - Mon on FX

I assumed that's what it was, similar to what Kansas City did with Auto.

But Otto is the head of the family and an old guy who can't move. This is a KC enforcer, and probably one of the most dangerous men they have, but probably not too important from a leadership standpoint. Plus, given the circumstances and the body count, I'm pretty sure it's clear what the message is, even if there were no survivors.

I dunno, maybe it'll all unfold, but it still doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Moff

another fantastic episode

noreen and ted danson are the cutest characters, I really hope they don't die

Bandit1

Yeah, that's the only thing I didn't really get. Seems like he could've killed them both.

Yeah I didn't get that either. One could argue that he was in a hurry and had to beat Brad Garrett back to the cars, but it would really take no time to reach down and slit his throat.

Great episode regardless, I thought Bruce Campbell did good as Reagan, the "Rendezvous with destiny" was some epic foreshadowing.

Ed and Peggy can't catch a break. I half expected Peggy to run off to California and Ed to get bumped off, which would have been interesting. But alas, the cops have closed in on them.

IronRinn

another fantastic episode

noreen and ted danson are the cutest characters, I really hope they don't die

I am so worried for Hank. I think bad things are going to befall him. He's not had that much screen time, comparatively, but Danson has been great in every scene he's been in. His scene with Cristin Milioti in the kitchen was excellent.

Valhelm

contribute something
Does anybody else think Simone and Dodd are cast way, way too close in age? They could honestly both be 35. I assumed they were siblings until last night.

Does anybody else think Simone and Dodd are cast way, way too close in age? They could honestly both be 35. I assumed they were siblings until last night.

Funny enough, there's an over twenty year ago difference between the two actors. It's just that Jeffrey looks younger than he is.

Linius

Way too close seems a bit much, but I can see how you might think it's close to each other. He's from 1968 and she's from 1992. So yeah, he became a dad at a young age.

-griffy-

Banned
Eh that seems like kind of a stretch, even if we're speaking allegorically. Those 3 UFO/lens flare scenes had the Diner location in common, it wasn't necessarily following or signifying death. I agree about us possibly taking the PoV of the UFO for the end of that episode, but I think that was more of a presentational nudge nudge wink wink than strict meaning or metaphors. I don't think the UFO stuff has anything more to do with death than anything else. Death is a very broad theme for a show that has people getting brutally killed every episode, you could argue that anything relates or has something to do with it.

I don't know, I don't think it's a stretch to deduce the presence of the UFO is associated to death in a similar way that oranges are in The Godfather films (spoilers for Godfather deaths in that video obviously).

kurahador

Hot damn...what an episode. HOT DAMN!!

Seems like everyone will turn on each other after this, shit going to be glorious!!
And Ed or Peg is totally the one going around shooting everyone at the seminar.

Was really surprised to see that Kitchen brother alive later in the episode. For some reason I thought he sliced both of them. Went back after finishing the episode, now I'm just wondering why Hanzee didn't kill the other Kitchen brother.

Yeah, that's the only thing I didn't really get. Seems like he could've killed them both.
I thought maybe he kept him alive so he could take Brad Garrett's head back to Milligan as there's no way for them to know where Milligan is otherwise. Though that does raise the question of did Hanzee take a box and a saw with him to put Garrett's head in it?

Hatchtag

Banned
Imo, UFOs are an allusion to War of the Worlds/Signs/most alien movies. The protagonists in those movies never actually defeat the aliens, the aliens are defeated by their own mistakes.

Likewise, I think Lou's not really going to defeat the evil in this show. He never said he did, he just said he protected his family from it. The bad guys are already fairly well set up to be undone on their own. Ed/Peggy have seemed like they'd betray each other from episode one. There's clear infighting with the Gearheardts, so they could easily undo themselves. And the guys from Kansas will either just prey on the infighting or pull out due to the amount of men lost. Either way, I don't think Lou's actually going to be very responsible for them stopping. I think the UFOs have been an allusion to evil invading his small town life, but then being undone by its own mistakes. That's just my guess anyways.

Lunar FC

Way too close seems a bit much, but I can see how you might think it's close to each other. He's from 1968 and she's from 1992. So yeah, he became a dad at a young age.

25 years old is not young to have a kid in my opinion, exspecially in the 70s. Dovovan looks great for 47 though.

Kain

Meth Damon fucked up when he didn't listen to his wife and stayed home...

I loved the part when Lou was talking about the war and Reagan about his movies, then when Lou got serious he just shrugged and left, what a bastard lol

should have killed that whatever Milligan guy instead

dgvjEvV.gif

I wonder if Bear will encourage Charlie to turn on Dodd to prevent him from going to prison and ensure that Dodd gets locked up, leaving Bear to take charge.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I can't wait for Dodd to find out his daughter was banging Milligan. At least I hope that revelation hits. And I hope Bear is the one that finally beats him to death.
I'm kinda confused about the motivations of the daughter. I know she hates her dad and wants some excitement, but will she really go back to milligan again after what happened in this episode. Does Mike think he has that much control over her?

Cels

i love mike milligan.

i hate peggy.

i haven't seen last night's episode yet though, was watching football

I'm kinda confused about the motivations of the daughter. I know she hates her dad and wants some excitement, but will she really go back to milligan again after what happened in this episode. Does Mike think he has that much control over her?

Yeah, I'm not sure what will transpire there. I kind of think maybe she just wants her father dead.But I'm not sure how Mike thinks he can trust her now. We didn't get any back story of when and how they got together, but maybe that's still to come.

kurahador

She almost told her father at the end if Mama Gerhardt didn't intervene.
I think she just scared of both Dodd and Milligan at this point.

zeitgeist

well, fuck you. I liked Brad Garrett and his character.

should have killed that whatever Milligan guy instead

Am I crazy or was he not killed? Maybe I'm naive...

Someone mentioned something about a message so I assumed it was Brad Garrett who passed it on.

Do they show him getting taken care of?

Seriously, that sequence where the butcher shop burns down is amazing.

I'm so curious what exactly Hanzee's playing at. He's got more planned, I know it.

Top Bottom