• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Thornton & Freeman in a new tale from the Coen Brothers' world - Tues on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, with that in mind, can someone do me the courtesy of telling me whether this show is worth watching/how good it is without directing me back to the rest of the thread?

Edit: ^ That doesn't sound good.

It's a very good series so far. Definitely get a chance at watching from the beginning. The pilot pulls no punches.

ac7kYjq.gif

Sanjuro

I remember making fun of another poster mentioning this show was a reality a few weeks ago...

...look at me now!

Show is great.

IronRinn

From the NY Mag review Cornballer posted:

Puppetmaster Lorne has set his God-playing sights, for now, on regional supermarket monarch Stavros Milos (played by Oliver Platt). Lorne can’t stand this pig’s shallow grandeur, epitomized by the disharmonious artwork — a rudimentary self-portrait, vulgar stained-glass re-creation of St. Lawrence, and quasi–Pop art wall-hanging of an ice scraper — uglifying his home.

Didn't notice that, but the latter might explain
the secret of Milos's money, I think, as well as serving as a callback to the movie perhaps?

Slacker

I'm laughing a lot more than I thought I would be watching this show. Amazing stuff. Loved Molly's play on Lester with the photo. It didn't occur to me when that happened that she did it on purpose. Agreed that we don't need the true story stuff every time. If anyone is tuning in for the first time three episodes in they're screwing themselves anyway.

Slacker

So the one guy and the other deaf guy are part of the same org. as Lorne, and now they're sent to kill Lorne?

Unless I missed something there's been nothing to suggest that the two "investigators" have any affiliation with Lorne. They work for whatever organization Sam Hess was messed up with and are investigating his death assuming that it may affect their bosses. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom