• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Thornton & Freeman in a new tale from the Coen Brothers' world - Tues on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
What motive does he have to do that?

Well, Malvo was the only other guy at the crime scene and he does have Lester on audio tape with the phone call Lester placed to him after dropping the hammer on his wife. Course, Lester doesn't know that. My guess says that tape leads to Lester's eventual arrest after Malvo's death, if we get a "good ending." But if we don't get a good ending, who knows what they come up with.

Tubie

This show is incredible. Everything about it is so wrong... how can Lester even sleep at night after potentially sending his brother to prison for life. I love it tho, and I have a feeling this isn't even the worst Lester will do.

Grinchy

Banned
You know you like a show when you actually get angry at it for ending. I can't stand waiting a week between episodes.

- Onion A|V Club review
- Sepinwall's review
- Onion A|V Club: Fargo’s Allison Tolman picks her top five stage musicals (and also talks Fargo)
- GIFs from Warming Glow

i9peWKrPDdtFQ.gif

What an incredible trajectory our protagonist has taken in 7 episodes.

Solverson lives to find out how inept her coworkers are and then come to the painful realization that Lester is awfully close to getting away with it all.

Damn good episode.

i love the part where malvo just walked past the police and they didnt even see that he had a sub machine gun, he was in and out of that building in like 30 seconds and he managed to make nobody outside the building notice any sound

he is such a mastermind

Grinchy

Banned
So when the gun first fell out of the backpack and slid along the ground, that was a pretty awful CG gun, right? Then when there was a shot of it motionless on the ground it was a real one. Stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

Another great episode. Lester getting him some.

So when the gun first fell out of the backpack and slid along the ground, that was a pretty awful CG gun, right? Then when there was a shot of it motionless on the ground it was a real one. Stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

There's a lot of bad CG in this show for things they should have been able to do without CG.
The plot contrivances and bad CG are really holding the show back IMHO...
It's sad because the character interactions are top notch.

No I did not even notice it was CG. Only a grinch would.

Another great episode. Lester getting him some.

There's a lot of bad CG in this show for things they should have been able to do without CG.
The plot contrivances and bad CG are really holding the show back IMHO...
It's sad because the character interactions are top notch.

The glass cracking from gunshots they have used in multipel episodes always looks terrible.

Goddamn Lester, you smug, life-destroying piece of shit.

If this show doesn't end with him being outed and brutally murdered, I'll be slightly miffed.

Alpende

Liked the episode, the CG (cracking windows) looked pretty bad. I hope Lester gets what he deserves, death or a long time in jail. Screw him.

Linius

I wasn't really rooting for Lester up till now but I also didn't think he was that evil. Just a sorry dumbass trying to save his skin. But last weeks framing his brother plot was a step up. But since I think Chazz is kind of a douche I didn't really mind at the time. But now seeing the results of it I feel sad for the guy. Lester truly is evil. This can only go wrong for him, I can't believe they let him get away with it in the end. This was just such a great episode.

Grinchy

Banned
Is this one of the best shows on TV today? Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Sopranos, etc. good? I'm a bit out of the loop as you can tell.

I can't think of a better one on TV right now. I won't compare it to any of the other greats just yet. IMO it's easier to be great for one season than it is to sustain it through a huge storyline with many seasons.

You don't have to, but please consider watching the movie if you have not. It helps with some set pieces.
I've seen it 3 times, and I love it (along with most other Coen Bros. films). I was probably going to watch the TV series at some point, but I needed a little push to give it a try now since none of my friends are watching it.

AlexMogil

I've seen it 3 times, and I love it (along with most other Coen Bros. films). I was probably going to watch the TV series at some point, but I needed a little push to give it a try now since none of my friends are watching it.

Ok - now don't expect the movie and you'll be golden. It feels like the movie just tells some chapters in a tale. The TV show is so good.

Is Season 2 confirmed yet? How are the ratings? This show was meant to be on HBO just like Breaking Bad. The cinematography, picturization, writing, music and acting. Hell, even Bemidji and Fargo are like their own characters now. I dont want it to end :(

Is Season 2 confirmed yet? How are the ratings? This show was meant to be on HBO just like Breaking Bad. The cinematography, picturization, writing, music and acting. Hell, even Bemidji and Fargo are like their own characters now. I dont want it to end :(
It hasn't been renewed yet, but from Landgraf's comments, he sounds like a big fan. Ratings have been decent, particularly with the DVR bump, and between that and the critical acclaim, I have to think it'll get picked up at some point. Note that Noah Hawley also signed a new 2-year deal with FX shortly after the season began.

I was under the impression this is sorta like True Detective in that it's a complete story and they'll only make a season two if they have an interesting idea for it.

Yeah, I don't see how they would handle another season. I guess a new cast, new Minnesota town with connections to criminals in Fargo. I don't know, if all of these crimes keep happening it seems like it would go against the whole, "small town police / big city crime" thing the movie and series is built on. If this sort of activity is common, then the police should be better adapted to deal with it, defeating the premise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom