• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Thornton & Freeman in a new tale from the Coen Brothers' world - Tues on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

-griffy-

Banned
I love that the good guys winning is probably the most surprising ending we could have gotten. And I'm glad, it was extremely fulfilling.

Valhelm

contribute something
That was wonderful. I'm very pleased how most of the wholly benevolent characters survived, but the ending still managed to be a little bittersweet. Lester died, but was it justice? Regardless, Solverson didn't get her case.

Mindlog

6doEYOS.gif

I can see why Landgraf was a little bitter at True Detective when he knew he had a show this strong in the pipeline. The show wildly exceeded my expectations.

Viewt

What was the answer to the riddle? I don't think he mentioned it.

I think it developed so that hunter-gatherers would be able to distinguish animals/fruit in the grass.

Man, this series has been FANTASTIC. Now please please please give us Fargo: 1979 where Molly's dad stars as a state trooper investigating this Sioux Falls incident.

I think it developed so that hunter-gatherers would be able to distinguish animals/fruit in the grass.

Man, this series has been FANTASTIC. Now please please please give us Fargo: 1979 where Molly's dad stars as a state trooper investigating this Sioux Falls incident.
That would be amazing.

This show wrapped it up nicely and lived up to Coen Brothers movie hype. Before the show started I was incredibly skeptical. Wow couldn't be proven more wrong and happy to eat crow. The high point of the show peaked during the middle when they were trying to defraud Oliver Platt with the crazy shit, and the two hitmen from Fargo were loose.

I love that the good guys winning is probably the most surprising ending we could have gotten. And I'm glad, it was extremely fulfilling.

It really wasn't which I was explaining to a friend of mine the other day. Where they go so hard in on the "true story" angle at the beginning, to be true to that the good guys kind of had to win, otherwise we don't get the story.

Whew. Gus, Molly, the dad they all made it! I feared one of them wasn't. Great show. I'm stunned they pulled off a great season and lived up to a show I adore.

Wait, what was the riddle Gus was referring to?

Something other than the fox/rabbit/cabbage, right?
“How do you do that,” Gus asks. “Just lie like that?”

Malvo answers with a riddle: Do you know why the human eye can see more shades of green than any other color?
“Once you can answer that, you’ll have your answer,” he says.

Much much later, when Gus meets up with Molly, out of uniform, with her hair down, at her dad’s diner, and mentions the riddle, she spits out an explanation. Predators. When people were monkeys in the woods, they needed to be able to discern many colors so that they could detect the enemy – panthers and bears and the like – and avoid becoming prey.

I was hoping Lester would go to prison and get shacked up with Jerry. Would've been a great send off, I feel like. Another great way to link the movie and the show.

ezekial45

Banned
I find it interesting that we never find out what happened to Wrench. Wonder if they were open for him showing up in another story.

Interestingly enough, his last scene with Malvo was actually added in last minute. The writer for this series liked the character so much he wrote another one for him to have him escape. He was originally supposed to stay in custody after Solversson spoke with him.

So it does seem like we'll see him again, if this show gets another season.

I like how the last time Malvo and Lester meet, it's Lester with a broken nose just like when they first met. Almost like everything was undone.

Would you get away scot free for killing Malvo like that? Gus waiting for him in the house and shooting him in cold blood like that is kind of a grey area legally, no?

Opto

Banned
Would you get away scot free for killing Malvo like that? Gus waiting for him in the house and shooting him in cold blood like that is kind of a grey area legally, no?
You've seen how the Bimidji police operate. Molly's the closest one to someone who fights for true justice, but she isn't going to lock him up.

You've seen how the Bimidji police operate. Molly's the closest one to someone who fights for true justice, but she isn't going to lock him up.

Seems like it would be hard to sweep under the rug though. The FBI is sure to investigate it after their agents were killed, and Malvo was riddled with bullets while sitting in a chair with a broken leg and no gun on his person.

Opto

Banned
So something I noticed with the wolf. Obviously it's a predator, and it leads Gus to Malvo, the most predatory guy in the show. But then Gus sneaks through the woods just like Molvo does (he even does it in this episode). When Molvo sees the wolf, the role of predator transfers to Gus. Gus gets the drop on the injured Molvo just like a predator goes after the injured prey.

Actually, the bear trap is probably the point where Molvo loses his predator status.

Now I'm not saying that Molvo has now corrupted Gus in anyway. Gus killing Molvo is certainly a life changing experience for him, but he's not going to be the new Lester. And that's what haunts Gus. In that moment, he was a predator.

ezekial45

Banned
Why the hell was Lester skiing in Montana when he could have fled to Acapulco. Such an idiot.

1. He was trying to flee.
2. The police got the tickets off his wife's body, and since they got the evidence for the crimes, they likely froze his passport and bank accounts.

turtle553

Just realized Lester's fake call to lure Malvo to the bathroom was similar to Jerry rehearsing his fake call in the movie about his wife.

Koko

Banned
Not gonna lie I'll miss Malvo.

Good finale for a great season. Can't wait to see where they go for next season.

I'll be honest, out of all the deaths, keye and peele hit me the hardest. The line, "is this a dream?", then turning around and getting capped was sad.

oh and good for Gus, the redeeming character of the show.

Xemnas89

So by the end Gus is the only person Malvo messed with that actually came out better than he was. In some ways he was like lester at first with no spine but by the end he became the predator and took out Malvo by himself to protect his family.

Grinchy

Banned
I just watched a movie a few weeks ago called Ain't Them Bodies Saints, and it had the actor who played Lou in it. That movie ended with him on a porch, with a gun, watching over a little girl who meant a lot to him. So there was some weird deja vu going on for me during this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom