• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

F#A#Oo

Banned
If anyone wants to add me for Fat Princess my PSN is; Mr_Affluenza

I play SF4, CoD4 and MotorStorm PR mostly...sometimes LBP.

I'm super hyped for this though...

careful

I've been waiting for this game for months now... Finally!

SecretBonusPoint said:
The beta was really quite broken and not fun. Gonna take a veritable tide of positive impressions after the game launches to convince me, as right now I have no intention of picking it up at all.

I don't really have faith theyve fixed everyything in a scant month or 2, especially things like the awful AI for single player.

Thrakier said:
Meh, too many negative beta impressions. It's a shame if this game can't live up to it's potential.

You guys mind to elaborate on what went wrong with the beta?

Lag ruined the beta, and I believe the final iteration of the Beta (Phase 3?) created a game breaking bug in which basic accuracy for workers hitting tree's and rocks was lowered to something ridiculous and you'd stand at a tree trying to chop it for a minute. Occasions when the Princess would be dropped and completely disappear rendering the rest of the game unwinnable. I don't think they rolled out a Phase 4 of the Beta, so people that kept up to date were left with it just broken still.

My e-mail about Phase 3 is from May 8th, so they have had only a month to fix their entire netcode, fucking awful bot AI and, most importantly of all, introduce a Server List. Seriously, fuck matchmaking. If you are making a mainly online orientated game, and you are not including a server list so people can scroll and find their own games, you need to be fucking roasted verbally in the board room. We'll see if the final thing has it, I bet it won't!

So yes, unlike betas such as Metal Gear Online, LittleBigPlanet and the recent Uncharted 2 Beta that left me hungry for the game and impressed with what theyve done, this just made me think it was broken shit. Will await trustworthy gaffer impressions of the final thing, but am pretty soured on the game overall.

vermadas

I love the concept of this game. Hopefully the lag issues present in the beta can be fixed in the final product. If the game releases with too many problems it could definitely thin out the online community. A game like this really needs to have a sizable userbase.

SecretBonusPoint said:
Will await trustworthy gaffer impressions of the final thing

This.

F#A#Oo

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:
Lag ruined the beta, and I believe the final iteration of the Beta (Phase 3?) created a game breaking bug in which basic accuracy for workers hitting tree's and rocks was lowered to something ridiculous and you'd stand at a tree trying to chop it for a minute. Occasions when the Princess would be dropped and completely disappear rendering the rest of the game unwinnable. I don't think they rolled out a Phase 4 of the Beta, so people that kept up to date were left with it just broken still.

My e-mail about Phase 3 is from May 8th, so they have had only a month to fix their entire netcode, fucking awful bot AI and, most importantly of all, introduce a Server List. Seriously, fuck matchmaking. If you are making a mainly online orientated game, and you are not including a server list so people can scroll and find their own games, you need to be fucking roasted verbally in the board room. We'll see if the final thing has it, I bet it won't!

So yes, unlike betas such as Metal Gear Online, LittleBigPlanet and the recent Uncharted 2 Beta that left me hungry for the game and impressed with what theyve done, this just made me think it was broken shit. Will await trustworthy gaffer impressions of the final thing, but am pretty soured on the game overall.

Noooo! :(

You've made me feel real sad you know that?

_RT_

Played the beta for a week.
Haven't touched it since.

It will take some serious hype to get me back on this train.

thaOwner

Whoa. Didn't know it was coming out this early. Transfered money into my wallet last month in preparation for this. Loved the beta and still play it now..:

Day 1'ing this for sure.

Firewire

Banned
gregor7777 said:
So the beta was good? I'll be down to play. This is my kind of game.

Yeah it was good, and allot of fun. Some of the people complaining about bugs seem to forget that it was a beta and that the version they played at the time was already somewhat old.

Firewire said:
Yeah it was good, and allot of fun. Some of the people complaining about bugs seem to forget that it was a beta and that the version they played at the time was already somewhat old.

Bugs come with online games so no worries unless they're gamebreaking at launch.

Hopefully it sells well enough to support an ongoing community. PSN can be a wasteland at times.

What are we thinking on price? $15?

Jim

Firewire said:

If those same people played beta or preview versions of most games, they probably would never buy real games. Many of them are horrendous, but you don't hear about it. And why public betas are sometimes counter-productive.

-Kh-

Banned
This game is so fun and crazy for playing online. You need lots of team work to actually succeed on rescuing the princess.

Awesome game! Recommended for everyone that likes the typical RPG job classes, multiplayer hack-n-slash games, and fun games in general.

By the way, release date should be the 25, 18 is too soon.

Firewire

Banned
Jim said:
If those same people played beta or preview versions of most games, they probably would never buy real games. Many of them are horrendous, but you don't hear about it. And why public betas are sometimes counter-productive.

So true.

gregor7777 said:
Bugs come with online games so no worries unless they're gamebreaking at launch.

Hopefully it sells well enough to support an ongoing community. PSN can be a wasteland at times.

No idea, but I would pay 15 for it easy. I think the sweet spot would be $9.99 though, allot of people would bite. And for what you get in this game a great value.

Jim said:

Except in this day and age, betas are handed out to a much larger (public) audience, and are often tied with some kind of promotion (sign up here, buy that, so on...). Often without any limits on discussing the game publicly, making them more of a public demo than a true beta test.

The devs get their large scale testing done, network stress and all that, and get some hype building about the game at the same time.

Well, that hype part comes with a price. Don't want people to talk? Scale it down and get your NDAs out.

-Kh- said:
By the way, release date should be the 25, 18 is too soon.

Some sources (albeit unreliable ones) point to the 18th, common sense points to the 25th.

gregor7777 said:

I would believe $15 would be a steal. I see it more along the lines of $20. There seems to be a lot of content in this game.

KilgoreTrout said:
I would believe $15 would be a steal. I see it more along the lines of $20. There sees to be a lot of content in this game.

That's a shame. That would place it outside of my "impulse, no worries buy" territory.

Concept17

As a huge TF2 fan, I'm super excited for this.

Sounds like the negative beta impressions came from bugs and lag, and not gameplay.

Firewire

Banned
I would like to see how the story pans out for the single player part of the game. The devs seem to have a great sense of humor.

careful

For a long time now, I've been looking for a fun cooperative and competitive game that's not a FPS for a change. This looks to fit exactly the bill, so I'll definitely be there day 1 whatever the price. However, it would be nice if it would be cheap enough ($10) that people don't think twice about getting it.

By the way, did the beta have voice chat and party/matchmaking?

Jim said:

Those preview builds however are usually far further from the retail release date than last month. Theyre also not made available to the public as a hype machine for your game. No response to all the issues from the last iteration whatsoever on the Beta forum doesn't inspire confidence. I'm sure theyve fixed plenty, but doing so in silence and since Phase 3 was supposed to be Either way, I'm holding off. Good luck to the early birds!

Also this game should be shooting at $10-$15. Its nowhere near a Wipeout HD tier PSN title, and Single Player is going to be a whole lotta nothing since their AI seems pretty shitty.

mujun

I hope this hits Japan at the same time as everywhere else. I'm 90% sure I'll get it unless it's too expensive.

TheExodu5

Banned
gregor7777 said:

I'd pay $15, but honestly, I'd be surprised to see it launch for anything higher than $9.99. PSN has had much more controller pricing than XBLA recently.

fortified_concept said:
Oh God... Does the game only have matchmaking? I fucking hate matchmaking.

Ugh yeah I was forgetting about that. I hope they at least include a "custom games" list that allows for servers.

careful

fortified_concept said:
Not a matchmaking fan of any game. I want to have the option to choose servers on my own and not have stupid software that many times fucks up making decisions for me.
Matchmaking for the win. Try to play KZ2 online with friends and then come back to me about matchmaking for console games.

Sorry to the server browsing crowd but I'm so giddy excited that there is no server browsing and only matchmaking I could shit myself. As a person who doesn't like PC gaming and loves console gaming, this is such a welcome surprise and now I'm even more excited about it more then ever.

OldJadedGamer said:
Sorry to the server browsing crowd but I'm so giddy excited that there is no server browsing and only matchmaking I could shit myself. As a person who doesn't like PC gaming and loves console gaming, this is such a welcome surprise and now I'm even more excited about it more then ever.

:lol well played

Top Bottom