• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

Ah, fuck. NM, my friend told me, and then I finally asked him where his source was from...

It ultimately pointed to the stiq of joy. Sorry guys. I should've asked him before I posted it.

I didn't find any truth in the post either, and it's months old. Don't know why he would wanna talk about it now. :lol

DuckRacer

KilgoreTrout said:
Ah, fuck. NM, my friend told me, and then I finally asked him where his source was from...

It ultimately pointed to the stiq of joy. Sorry guys. I should've asked him before I posted it.

I didn't find any truth in the post either, and it's months old. Don't know why he would wanna talk about it now. :lol
Actually, ******* was referencing Sony New Zealand's PS3 release schedule and they had FP marked down for June 18th. They later changed it to just June.

I think it sounds likely.

JoJo13 said:
So when are we getting this game, wtf?

No one really knows. NZ might have it this Thursday. Playstation NZ changed the date on their website to just "June" instead of "June 18).

If not this Thursday, this next Thursday is for sure the release in PAL territories.

Will this get a Demo?

I don't normally play CTF style modes in MP, and I don't normally play RTS games either.

So initially it seems like a no buy, but it LOOKS cool and fun, so I'm intrigued.

ashism

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Will this get a Beta?

I don't normally play CTF style modes in MP, and I don't normally play RTS games either.

So initially it seems like a no buy, but it LOOKS cool and fun, so I'm intrigued.
1. Yes there was/is a beta.
2. RTS? What?
3. You seem almost too well informed about the game to make a buy/nobuy decision.

ashism said:
2. RTS? What?
3. You seem almost too well informed about the game to make a buy/nobuy decision.

1. Sorry, edited my post. Meatn dmeo
2. Isn't this kind of like an RTS with a different spin? That's what it seems like from what I've read about it
3. Too well informed? It's a game about two teams trying to get back their princess (capture the flag style) but each team is overfeeding the princess to make her harder to get back to base. You have different kinds of soldiers at your disposal to use against the enemy (RTS).

Isn't that what the game is about?

Really want this game if it releases this week, Anyone in europe want to setup a possible game trade if it doesnt release in the US tomorrow?

eznark

Banned
ashism said:
2. RTS? What?

I don't think a closed beta really counts as a demo.

Beta is still working for me. SP at least
Last 10 times I checked it out over the last month, I could not find any game at all.
Did they shut down the servers or what?

JetSetRadio said:
Beta is still working for me. SP at least
Last 10 times I checked it out over the last month, I could not find any game at all.
Did they shut down the servers or what?

Isn't the beta every tuesday and thursday?

DMPrince said:
Isn't the beta every tuesday and thursday?

First thing I hear about that. Better try it out once more tomorrow then. :lol

But you can always play it SP, so they'd better release this as a demo.

I'm totally picking this up. I had a question though, is there any local multiplayer? I had just assumed there was without ever looking in to it. My girlfriend really wants to play with me :lol

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
I'm totally picking this up. I had a question though, is there any local multiplayer? I had just assumed there was without ever looking in to it. My girlfriend really wants to play with me :lol

Pretty sure it doesn't, the screen would be too awkward.

Quixzlizx

2 Minutes Turkish said:
2. Isn't this kind of like an RTS with a different spin? That's what it seems like from what I've read about it

The only player you control is yourself, so I don't really see how it's a RTS.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Will this get a Demo?

I hope it does get a demo since then more people will fall in love with it and want to buy it but for this game, you really don't need a demo. It is nothing but shit tons of fun.

My advice if you were on the fence about it would be to wait a week after it comes out to see if there are any horrible issues with the online at first, wait for those to be fixed then jump in.

KilgoreTrout said:
Pretty sure it doesn't, the screen would be too awkward.

I was hoping for local split-screen multi, like Warhawk. It would be much more fun if both my fiance and myself could play online at the same time.

Edit:
I keep forgetting she's my fiance now, not my girlfriend :lol

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
I was hoping for local split-screen multi, like Warhawk. It would be much more fun if both my fiance and myself could play online at the same time.

Edit:
I keep forgetting she's my fiance now, not my girlfriend :lol

I agree, that's a problem with plenty of games on PS3, only online multiplayer and no local multiplayer

im really tired of sony not releasing what games are coming out on thursday until the damn update hits and we find out ourselves

Dizzan

MINI Member
Ice Monkey said:
im really tired of sony not releasing what games are coming out on thursday until the damn update hits and we find out ourselves

They do it in order to build hype and create excitement/surprises. I hate it too but it's their policy

F#A#Oo

Banned
Ice Monkey said:
yeah wtf where you get ur info willis?!? I WANT TO SMASH BRICKS IF TRUE

Usually the company who's game is released will do some sort of press release...

Titan hasn't announced anything...also the rumoured and date that always popped up was always 25th of June.

nofi

F#A#Oo said:
Usually the company who's game is released will do some sort of press release...

Titan hasn't announced anything...also the rumoured and date that always popped up was always 25th of June.

There's no finished code available yet as far as I know, so it's highly unlikely to be today.

Rorschach

This is stupid. No release date. No price.

My favorite part is how often the wiki page on this changes.

"Jun 19th"
"June 19th or 24th"
"June 19th or 24th in Europe"
"June 24th, but only in NZ"
"Summer 2009"
"Undetermined Summer"

Fat Princess will have a global release date, but I can confirm for you it will not be next week I’m afraid. The game is coming at some point this summer, but there is no confirmed release date at the moment.
I'll check back in September if I even remember.

Alright... This sucks.

Mods feel free to lock the thread if necessary until we can get a REAL release date.

SCEE needs to not say dates if they don't mean them.

Spiegel said:
?

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/06/01/whats-coming-up-on-psn-this-june/

Late June, Fat Princess will be rolling onto PSN! The online mode will include multiplayer for up to 32 people where you’ll be trying to rescue your beloved princess from the opposing team and their magical girth-expanding cake.

Has it been delayed?

Sounds like it. That quote a few posts above is one from a SCEE blogger.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009...–-18th-june-2009/comment-page-5/#comment-6510

Rorschach

Spiegel said:
?

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/06/01/whats-coming-up-on-psn-this-june/

Late June, Fat Princess will be rolling onto PSN! The online mode will include multiplayer for up to 32 people where you’ll be trying to rescue your beloved princess from the opposing team and their magical girth-expanding cake.

Has it been delayed?
From that link:

Developer: Titan Studios
Publisher: SCEE
Genre: Strategy
Format: PLAYSTATION 3
Release date: August 2009
Players: 1 - 32
Network play: Network features
Media type: Download

:lol

DuckRacer said:
Actually, an August release date would be a good thing for the game. Game needs a lot of work.

Agreed, if it's as buggy as people say I'd rather they take their time. Plenty of other games to play.

Mahadev

Rorschach said:
From that link:

Developer: Titan Studios
Publisher: SCEE
Genre: Strategy
Format: PLAYSTATION 3
Release date: August 2009
Players: 1 - 32
Network play: Network features
Media type: Download

:lol

Why didn't they keep the September release date until they decide that the game is finished and then change the date? These PSN people are retarded :lol

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Anyone else with the beta still play an offline bot match every now and then? The game just doesn't bore! God I'm getting this so day 1, no matter how long it takes.

MrPliskin

Banned
Teetris said:
Anyone else with the beta still play an offline bot match every now and then? The game just doesn't bore! God I'm getting this so day 1, no matter how long it takes.

Played it a few days ago, offline still works like a charm! It's sooo hard to win though :lol

This game kind of reminds me of castle crashes for some reason... maybe its all the colors, violence and mid evil aspect. But it looks amazing.

theluma

Man this game was playable a YEAR ago.

It's gonna be real tough for them to break even on this I suspect....looks like a lot of time, effort and moneyz went into it.

Top Bottom