• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Rex.

Banned
I have a question about these pulls. Currently Umu has a pull rate up of her own. Once this event is over, is she no longer a part of the pool, or does she just go back to being at the same percentage as any other 4* servant? I'm not really dying to get her, but just for future reference, if I miss out on a servant's rate up, will I never get them in the future? I mean if I didn't get them in the rate up event, chances are I will never get them outside of it lol, but you know what I mean. Even if it is .05% lol.
It depends on whether or not the servant is limited. Nero isn't so she'll be available in the story banner, although the odds of getting her are so low that it's not really worth it. If you want a servant it's always better to roll during a rate up. For limited servants (such as Gilgamesh) the banner usually says something like special summoning or limited servant or whatever and that means they won't be added to the story banner after the rate up is done. If you miss out on them you can only wait for the next time they're available.

KMRiku

Neo Member
However, Nero is a story unlock. That means that outside of her rate-up, you can only roll her in the story gacha. You can't roll story unlock servants in special rate-up gachas. For example, in Gilgamesh rate-up gacha you couldn't roll Arturia Alter, Nero or Caster Gilles.

I have a question about these pulls. Currently Umu has a pull rate up of her own. Once this event is over, is she no longer a part of the pool, or does she just go back to being at the same percentage as any other 4* servant? I'm not really dying to get her, but just for future reference, if I miss out on a servant's rate up, will I never get them in the future? I mean if I didn't get them in the rate up event, chances are I will never get them outside of it lol, but you know what I mean. Even if it is .05% lol.

There are basically three kinds of servants in terms of availability.

- Limited: Only in event gacha pools, like Gilgamesh
- Story-locked: Only in the story gacha pool after finishing a story chapter, and not in any event gacha pools, like Saber Alter, Caster Gilles, and Nero
- Non-limited and non-story-locked: Everyone else, permanently added to all gachas once they're released, like the upcoming Orion and Drake

Everyone in Nero's category is harder to get since you'll never pull one of those unless you go out of the way to roll the story gacha, or they're put into an event gacha like the one now.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

- Story-locked: Only in the story gacha pool after finishing a story chapter, and not in any event gacha pools, like Saber Alter, Caster Gilles, and Nero
- Non-limited and non-story-locked: Everyone else, permanently added to all gachas once they're released, like the upcoming Orion and Drake

Everyone in Nero's category is harder to get since you'll never pull one of those unless you go out of the way to roll the story gacha, or they're put into an event gacha like the one now.
Holy shit. really? Now I guess I am happy with my Nero NP3 (even though I still want Altera)

I think she is pullable after you finish Rome.

It depends on whether or not the servant is limited. Nero isn't so she'll be available in the story banner, although the odds of getting her are so low that it's not really worth it. If you want a servant it's always better to roll during a rate up. For limited servants (such as Gilgamesh) the banner usually says something like special summoning or limited servant or whatever and that means they won't be added to the story banner after the rate up is done. If you miss out on them you can only wait for the next time they're available.

However, Nero is a story unlock. That means that outside of her rate-up, you can only roll her in the story gacha. You can't roll story unlock servants in special rate-up gachas. For example, in Gilgamesh rate-up gacha you couldn't roll Arturia Alter, Nero or Caster Gilles.

Thanks guys this is good to know. I guess when a Mordred rate up/banner comes around I will have no choice but to roll and cry every time I do it, or chances are I'll never get her.

Azusa

To people who have played JP, is Hans a worthy character to grail? Especially since I don't own a Waver.

I feel like I'll want to grail Nero too, at some point, but she can get to L80 right now and that's more than enough for the content we have, so I'm looking at other possibilities, lol. Kind of dig Hans design-wise, and especially the fact that he's got that deep sexy Koyasu voice....

If you dont know and dont see a reason to grail. Just dont do it.

I saw many hard boss runs with non grailed Hans so I dont see why would you grail him unless he is your favorite servant and you just want to get gold border for him.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
lol... I changed out lancelot for herc.. now with XiaNaphryz's NP3 altria it goes like this

turn 1 - hopefully get herc's quick or art card here. put it last. also self-evade on herc
turn 2 - use 3 turn buffs. NP with herc.. even better if you can do a buster combo. dragon is dead.
turn 3 - NP with altria (after buffs). usually there is small clean up that the last two cards can handle.

elty

I am still trying the 20AP for that stupid snake eye to ascend Gil. What a waste of AP compared to the 30AP one.

jonjonaug

This comment, combined with your avatar, makes me want to punch something. That smirk.

Congrats, though. I wish I had your luck.

If it's any consolation: I ended up exactly one claw short of being able to ascend Liz to max and it's super pissing me off.

Slashlen

I think I'm about done with this event, other than doing the last round once. I'm at 179 golds and need 200 for my last lore. I'll probably get within 10 and let the last fight carry me over. The CE's just aren't worth it if I can't LB(got 1 from a drop), and even then it's more of a collector thing.

chrono01

Better than the 4* Gold EXP cards I keep getting from that dragon!

I also got a bunch of Secret Archer Gems last round instead of feathers.
Haha, that's true. I guess it could be worse.

Honestly, it shouldn't even drop 4* EXP cards, given how common they are during the dailies. That's just trolling at its finest. :/

If it's any consolation: I ended up exactly one claw short of being able to ascend Liz to max and it's super pissing me off.
I can imagine.

I wish you luck in getting that last claw, here's hoping RNG is kind to you.

RSchmitz

Damn, people are trigger happy. I gotta save cause I'm afraid how much I'd spend if I dont get Jalter with free quartz or tickets.

Kenai

Cu Lancer, Kiyohime and some 3-4* CEs.

Not terrible, but I was hoping for Nero for a decent Saber.

Is fine though. From now on my SQ *and* my tickets will probably need to be saved for Iskandar, but I'll deal. An occasional ticket will be fine.

Wow, what the fuck just happened.

I was like, I have 5 summon tickets. Ah what the hell, let's roll one.

UMU (my second one)

Wow. Okay, better roll again, gacha's hot.

Carmilla

This is interesting. Shit, better burn all the rest of the tickets while I can, this might be once in a lifetime.

Medea
UMU (my third one)
Fat Caesar

At this point I'm like holy shit, I better just put down a 10-roll because holy shit

HiwQSfV.jpg

Guys I have the UMU account. All UMU, all the time. I've rolled 4 UMU on this account.

U M U
M
U

Articalys

So, to be absolutely certain, if I already got a copy or two from drops, there's no reason to bother grinding for the CEs from the shop in favor of anything else on sale, right?

Sterok

With my new summon tickets I got a bunch of trash and... a second Vlad. I mean I appreciate a stronger NP for him, but I'd appreciate a new 5* please gacha.

I hadn't thought of that actually, probably going to end up doing that instead and just be happy with the materials I got from the other two rounds.

I'm also curious about something else, are you guys going to use all your apples on this event or do you plan to keep them just in case?

You want Apples for the Honnouji and Christmas event. I might burn one on the last day but otherwise I'm saving it.

Articalys

Basically right now I'm in a position to zero out my medal count, with only the 3* XP cards and all the CE copies left in the shop. At that point is it still worth grinding the event for anything or would I be better served heading back to the dailies to try and pick up some monuments?

Basically right now I'm in a position to zero out my medal count, with only the 3* XP cards and all the CE copies left in the shop. At that point is it still worth grinding the event for anything or would I be better served heading back to the dailies to try and pick up some monuments?

Nope. The only use for 3* Exp cards is mana prisms and you can get them more efficiently from the Dailies.

Congrats. You won Nerofest. Just don't forget to clear the Grand Finals for the Crystallized Lore.

You want Apples for the Honnouji and Christmas event. I might burn one on the last day but otherwise I'm saving it.

Ah, it's too late for me then ;_;

Also traded all my tickets and got nooothing...again.

However, I did what Ally of Justice suggested and got Tamacat, Altria and Altera to bond lvl 6, which got me enough for another 2 pulls.

First one got Herc, but in the second one:

UMUUUUUUU

Good Civilization has returned!...that or Gudako was right all along, either way I'm OK now, and balance has returned to UMUfest.

Now it's time to level up and ascend her :(

U M U
M
U

Speaking of UMU:

https://vimeo.com/227580926

I really liked the story of Fate/Extra but thought the gameplay was pretty much the worst ever. Here's a chance (finally) for everyone to experience the glory of UMU without having to subject themselves to the horror of actually playing Fate/Extra.

January 2018 is the estimated premiere date of Fate/Extra Last Encore!

chrono01

Wow, what the fuck just happened.

I was like, I have 5 summon tickets. Ah what the hell, let's roll one.

UMU (my second one)

Wow. Okay, better roll again, gacha's hot.

Carmilla

This is interesting. Shit, better burn all the rest of the tickets while I can, this might be once in a lifetime.

Medea
UMU (my third one)
Fat Caesar

At this point I'm like holy shit, I better just put down a 10-roll because holy shit

Guys I have the UMU account. All UMU, all the time. I've rolled 4 UMU on this account.

U M U
M
U

With my new summon tickets I got a bunch of trash and... a second Vlad. I mean I appreciate a stronger NP for him, but I'd appreciate a new 5* please gacha.

Ah, it's too late for me then ;_;

Also traded all my tickets and got nooothing...again.

However, I did what Ally of Justice suggested and got Tamacat, Altria and Altera to bond lvl 6, which got me enough for another 2 pulls.

First one got Herc, but in the second one:

UMUUUUUUU

Good Civilization has returned!...that or Gudako was right all along, either way I'm OK now, and balance has returned to UMUfest.

Now it's time to level up and ascend her :(
Congrats on the pulls you three, great stuff!

Articalys

I don't know how you can so selflessly congratulate other people on luck; I'm just bitter with jealousy.
Nope. The only use for 3* Exp cards is mana prisms and you can get them more efficiently from the Dailies.

Congrats. You won Nerofest. Just don't forget to clear the Grand Finals for the Crystallized Lore.
Considering my rate of material drops, I wouldn't quite say that (and besides, I'm actually lying about a clean medal count, I have 4 assorted bronze medals I can't do anything with).
As for the Grand Final match, hopefully I can actually get through it. Probably the widest variety of enemy types I'll have had to deal with, and a threatening NP countdown on each of them.

chrono01

I don't know how you can so selflessly congratulate other people on luck; I'm just bitter with jealousy.
If it weren't GAF, I'd probably be super-jealous (and part of me still is, not going to lie), but it's always great to see people from here get some nice pulls. Good people.

Sciel

I've always hated these, I feel like I always get good pulls on them which spends my luck elsewhere when it could be spent in-game.

I will not fall for it!
You can also look at it as a way of spending all your "bad luck" by using it on the simulator :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom