• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paprikka

Is it worth burning prisms on EXP cards or Fou? I feel like the AP to reward ratio isn't great in those cases.

Also, at some point in the future a QP boosting CE will be added to the shop for 1000 prisms so you might want to start saving for that if you like planning for the long term. Especially since limit breaking it means spending 5000 prisms in total.

I've finally exhausted every single one of my XP cards that I've hoarded with 1/2 AP.

And still, I've got 30 levels worth of XP that needs to be given to Nero, Lancelot and Herc. About 100 4* XP cards, I guess.

=(

Geez. Getting Waver from 70 to 80, Vlad/Emiya from 60 to 70, and Marie/Carmilla from 50 to 60 smashed through almost all of my exp cards, and I had a full archive of golds plus a bunch more in my inventory proper. I want to refill at least the archive again asap but that caught me off guard, I thought I was more prepared. And to think I was salty I can't ascend Vlad to 80 cause Berserker monuments are bs.
I still am

THIRTY TWO Zerk monuments to ascend all my key Zerks. RIP.

jonjonaug

I got Emiya, Liz, Vlad, and Nero all to their third ascensions, so I'm pretty happy with how things went for Nerofest. I also have enough mats to bring Vlad all the way to 90 and almost enough mats to bring a couple other Servants to 3rd/4th ascension but I need more monuments and EXP cards. I went from around 360 4* EXP cards to zero.

chrono01

Don't worry, the next event (Orion) is an Archers event so get your Lancers ready
It's Cu's time to shine.

I really hope there's some time in-between so I can grind silver pieces to evolve my Heracles/Marie/Cu/Gilgamesh. Feeling behind with all of you evolving your characters. I'd switch to dailies now, but I still need something like 130 gold medals before I can purchase the last Crystallized Lore + Homunculus Babies.

I was able to clear everything real quick during my commute. But yes, do not even try bringing an archer to the 30AP fight, that lancer dragon is no joke.

elty

Trolled by the gold chest - exp card twice. :|

Gil needs 6 eye to ascend and event gave 5 :|

Still no CE drop :|

When will the 40 AP show up?

Grazzt

i hate you. I've spent like 4 Apples. Gone through 2 Stamina bars and got absolute ZERO :(.
Your luck will come, don't worry.

That 30 AP quest was a breeze. Nero mollywhopped the dragon while the Servants were easily handled via Weaver, Nero and Tamamo Cat.

My team is Herc + Waver + Support Altera. Herc's NP one shot kills the dragon, then Altera's finishes the servants.

Mupod

I waited until now to farm bronze medals as I basically need an infinite number of ghost lanterns for various Tamamo-related purposes. Got one so far.

Also found another CE drop, bringing me to 3. I will likely end up with 200 extra silver medals for a fourth, so I might be able to fully upgrade it. I know it's not amazing but a big chunk of HP and Guts would be nice on George (who does no damage anyways).

I'll probably need to mess around with my party lineup to farm the 30AP. Kaleidoscope on Vlad should let me kill the dragon in 1-2 turns and then I can use Emiya or Tamamo Cat for the servants.

Desire sensor is trolling me so hard. I always end up one short of the mats I need to ascend my servants. And the skill gems / gold xp only come at the end... In other news, this round isn't too bad. I've found that getting another Saber to pair with my Altera works better than Waver. 3 rounds to build NP on the dragon, one more to kill all the servants with double AOE NP. Also Gil hit 3rd ascension, but I ran out of XP cards to make him 80. He's hovering round Lvl 74 now after I fed him about 100 4*Archer / ALL cards.

kevyward

Decided to 3rd ascend D'Eon for taunt skill. Seems decent.

Will be able to forth ascend Emiya when I get golden archer monuments next event.

And need lots of bezerjer monuments to ascend Herc and Vlad.

Only need to grind out the last crystallized lore for Nero fest.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
the dragon caught me by surprise... I took my normal Jeanne Lancelot Altera in and lancelot died to the first swipe (he's only level 47). Unfortunately for mr. dragon.. that brought in my Herc with kaleidoscope. so yeah that happened..

the last fight is much easier than the dragon.

struggling for if I want to farm the CE or not. I mean......... is there ANY value in it?? If I do farm... what is the best/hardest ascension drops to farm in the event?

Pejo

Well, not a terrible result from the event, as it turns out. I still wish the drop rate got a decent buff, and hope it does in future events, but I still managed the following:

-Gil to 3rd Ascension, though still only level 70 since I'm out of XP cards.
-Cu to 3rd Ascension, though only level 50 for the same reason.
-All mats to get Altera to 3rd Ascension, need 1 gold monument and xp cards to get her to 80.
-All mats to get Vlad to 2nd Ascension, need 1 silver monument. This is the one that bums me out the most, wish the Talons would have dropped more. At least they're semi-farmable in current content..

That's about it. I should be able to get that last Lore before the event ends, might have to burn another apple or two, we'll see.

Didn't get nearly as much done as I planned, but not bad for the game's first event.

struggling for if I want to farm the CE or not. I mean......... is there ANY value in it?? If I do farm... what is the best/hardest ascension drops to farm in the event?

Besides the art (which really is great), you can put it on berserkers / tanks, assuming you prefer survivability over more damage,. At least for herc, I can't never figure out when to use his dodge properly, and he sometimes gets sniped with a couple of unlucky crits. Permanent (until triggered) guts means he'll survive that turn so I can pop his other skills. More damage probably works better though, but I only have black keys to boost Buster damage

Mupod

I would be using Nightless Rose on St. George for fights like that 250k HP berserker in Fuyuki. With the master evade skill, the big pile of extra HP from the CE, and Guts, he can probably survive the entire duration of his 3 turn taunt. Which gives Vlad time to burn down just about anything.

Also since I don't use quartz I'm not exactly rolling in CE options. Nor am I starved by cost.

Only thing is I kind of don't want to waste tons of CEs to level it to max.

borghe

Also since I don't use quartz I'm not exactly rolling in CE options. Nor am I starved by cost.

Only thing is I kind of don't want to waste tons of CEs to level it to max.

oh... sorry... I should have mentioned that I am, indeed, rolling in CEs.... I can't get a MOTHERFUCKING SSR 5* SERVANT TO SAVE MY GOD DAMN LIFE................ however

3 x Kaleidoscope
2 x Formal Craft
3 x Prisma Cosmos
2 x Heaven's Feel
1 x Limited/Zero Over
1 x Imaginary Around
and then I am pretty sure mutliples of every 4* including a few that are at limit break [MAX]

So yeah... I more or less meant for me... I will probably never use it... grr... my completionist instincts are dying.

elty

I was wondering what servant I should focus on to prepare using them as bonus servant for the next few events... not many common servant unfortunately.

Looks like I will second ascend Lily and EMIYA.

GUDAGUDA Honnouji Event
Okita Souji (+100%) (NPC support also grants bonus)
Oda Nobunaga (+60%)
EMIYA (+40%)
Cu Chulainn (+20%)
Medusa (+20%)
Mephistopheles (+20%)
Ushiwakamaru (+20%)
Musashibou Benkei (+20%)

Chrismas event
Artoria Pendragon (Santa Alter) (+4)
Jack the Ripper (+3)
Nursery Rhyme (+2)
Marie Antoinette (+2)
Saint Martha (+2)
David (+1)
Robin Hood (+1)
Jing Ke (+1)
Gaius Julius Caesar (+1)
Darius III (+1)
The Phantom of the Opera (+1)

Star War Event
Lily +50%
Artoria Pendragon (Alter) +30%
Nero +30%
Artoria Pendragon +20%
Altera +20%
Siegfriend +20%
d'Eon +20%
Gilels +10%
Julius Caesar +10%

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Oh man, you guys weren't kidding with that 30 AP mission. Way easy if you have a strong Saber.

I go in with lvl 80 NP3 Altria, lvl 50 d'Eon, and a lvl 80 NP3 Altera on my friends list, all with Kaleidoscopes. That whole mission is done in 3 turns usually for me - 1 turn to get Altria and Altera NP gauges over 100%, fire off one NP to kill the dragon, then throw on the buffs and one-shot the servant wave with the other NP

Final farming stages, and I'm not really feeling it, one level up and two apples and only one scale to show for it, I've got all the materials from the shop so I wonder if I should just call it quits with the materials and just go for medals for the exp and to farm the CE.

No Umu either...has my emperor abandoned me or is this just a simple case of Bad Civilization?

Mupod

the only Sabers I have are Lily and Caesar, lol.

30AP is still no big deal with vlad/tamacat/waver. It actually goes faster if Tamamo Cat dies to the dragon because kaleidoscope Emiya comes in and I can double NP the last wave with him and Vlad.

Final farming stages, and I'm not really feeling it, one level up and two apples and only one scale to show for it, I've got all the materials from the shop so I wonder if I should just call it quits with the materials and just go for medals for the exp and to farm the CE.

No Umu either...has my emperor abandoned me or is this just a simple case of Bad Civilization?

Well, if you're out of things to do and you don't want to keep farming for materials, you can easily increase the bond of your Servants in the 5 AP, netting you about 300 Bond points per round.

Blue-kun

To people who have played JP, is Hans a worthy character to grail? Especially since I don't own a Waver.

I feel like I'll want to grail Nero too, at some point, but she can get to L80 right now and that's more than enough for the content we have, so I'm looking at other possibilities, lol. Kind of dig Hans design-wise, and especially the fact that he's got that deep sexy Koyasu voice....

borghe

Oh man, you guys weren't kidding with that 30 AP mission. Way easy if you have a strong Saber.

I go in with lvl 80 NP3 Altria, lvl 50 d'Eon, and a lvl 80 NP3 Altera on my friends list, all with Kaleidoscopes. That whole mission is done in 3 turns usually for me - 1 turn to get Altria and Altera NP gauges over 100%, fire off one NP to kill the dragon, then throw on the buffs and one-shot the servant wave with the other NP

I go in with your Altria.. :p my 47 NP2 herc and 70 jeanne (but really it could be anyone)

first turn evade on herc and hopefully get a blue card on him (but it really doesn't matter). second turn evade on herc and (hopefully) use his atk buff and altria's atk buff and usually buster combo on his NP (there are so many buster cards here) Dragon is usually dead. otherwise

third turn kill dragon

then third (or fourth) round use Altria's buster buff and master atk buff on altria and kill everyone.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've played a lot of gacha games over the years, but I have to say, the drop rates in this game are a giant kick in the balls. Oof.

The End

I've played a lot of gacha games over the years, but I have to say, the drop rates in this game are a giant kick in the balls. Oof.

My luck has been all over the place on this.

My original account I got all of jack and shit for 90+ quartz rolled.

I was given a Jeanne re-roll account by a gaffer, and since restarting on that account I've rolled 5-star Gilgamesh and Vlad and 4-star Nero (twice) on ~60 quartz and five or six summon tickets.

If you want, I can PM you, I think I have a Vlad re-roll account that I haven't given away.

Well, if you're out of things to do and you don't want to keep farming for materials, you can easily increase the bond of your Servants in the 5 AP, netting you about 300 Bond points per round.

I hadn't thought of that actually, probably going to end up doing that instead and just be happy with the materials I got from the other two rounds.

I'm also curious about something else, are you guys going to use all your apples on this event or do you plan to keep them just in case?

borghe

so.... yeah.... the game is definitely a kick in the crotch... doubly so.. because to PLAY the game there is very little gacha involved. There are plenty of 2* and 3* servants that can fill out your lineup, and with the guaranteed 4* and rerolling for 5*.. and a solid friends list, you can pretty much play the whole game without problem.

the kick in the crotch comes... from that the only thing to really "want" in the game are those specific characters.. because plenty of "any bodies" can just do the events and win.

so like... I REALLY want Altera.. definitely one of my favorite characters in the series.. and after... too much money... I am just going to have to concede that I am not getting her (though still under $200)

XiaNaphryz

I haven't even bothered to do any pulls for this event. I don't need another Saber, if I really need to I can keep ascending d'Eon and use her as a tank.

I'll either save for Tamamo Caster and Jack the Ripper, or just hoard everything until Ishtar and Merlin. Might get tempted by Scathach and Ozymandias.

XiaNaphryz

I'm actually happy I can run an Altria, Lily, Alter team on the 30 AP quest and still finish it fast and efficiently.

I'm sure people can run Siegfried/Caesar in that quest and still do well (assuming proper levels, CEs, and decent support to handle the servant wave).

Kieli

I'm hoarding 'til Merlin. Someone did a calculation that it takes 300 quarts to get 0.64% of any 5*, and 486 quarts to be fairly certain to obtain the desired 5* during a rate up.

I have a question about these pulls. Currently Umu has a pull rate up of her own. Once this event is over, is she no longer a part of the pool, or does she just go back to being at the same percentage as any other 4* servant? I'm not really dying to get her, but just for future reference, if I miss out on a servant's rate up, will I never get them in the future? I mean if I didn't get them in the rate up event, chances are I will never get them outside of it lol, but you know what I mean. Even if it is .05% lol.

elty

I have a question about these pulls. Currently Umu has a pull rate up of her own. Once this event is over, is she no longer a part of the pool, or does she just go back to being at the same percentage as any other 4* servant? I'm not really dying to get her, but just for future reference, if I miss out on a servant's rate up, will I never get them in the future? I mean if I didn't get them in the rate up event, chances are I will never get them outside of it lol, but you know what I mean. Even if it is .05% lol.

I think she is pullable after you finish Rome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom