• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I'm a little short this week, gotta make sure I have gas money. Why don't you just do it yourself for now
Now there's an idea! Why didn't I think of that!?

*reaches for wallet*

Now I just enter my credit card numbe-

...Wait a second, you almost had me there. Very tricky, Delight Works' spy. I'm onto you!

chrono01

400 bucks before the first 5* servant...
Well, that was a good reminder why spending money in this game would be a bad choice.
Just do what I'm planning on doing, spend money only when the game offers you guaranteed 5* pulls (which happen at special occasions, such as New Year's and such). We'll slowly build up our roster over time, so I'm trying to be as patient as I can.

That doesn't stop me from wanting it all now, though. :(

Now there's an idea! Why didn't I think of that!?

*reaches for wallet*

Now I just enter my credit card numbe-

...Wait a second, you almost had me there. Very tricky, Delight Works' spy. I'm onto you!

This joke is actually meta is more than the obvious way because
I drive an electric car

Sciel

$250 to get a Jeanne and a Nero.

Nope, nope, nope,nope.

I'll better that by offering you $154 !
fbe8352260.jpg

Sciel

Your real roster is already the best on my friend list. I'm actually wondering how much have you spent...
I've spent about.. $160? That was during the Gil banner. Would say i'm pretty lucky to get the units I have with that amount though.
Its been a bit too much for my liking but at least i still have about half of that quartz still leftover for future rolls.

I tried the simulator. Chose Nerofest and kept rolling until I got Altera. I figured if I did it a ton of times it would give me a good idea of the general investment any given 5* SSR would need.

It was frightening how many times I went over $1,000 before I saw Altera.

Grazzt

I've spent about.. $160? That was during the Gil banner. Would say i'm pretty lucky to get the units I have with that amount though.
Its been a bit too much for my liking but at least i still have about half of that quartz still leftover for future rolls.

Not too bad. When Iskandar is released, I'll spend at most $200 for him.

Summon tickets are the best - I just blew the 5 I've got from refreshed shop and scored Jeanne from nero banner :D

And I was planning to hoard quartz for Jeanne rate up event after current one ends..

Slashlen

I heard Thursday, but the 40AP became available to me this morning. Cleared it(no servant deaths!), got exactly enough gold medals to grab my last lore. I'm done with this event.

Mupod

yeah I cleared the final pretty easily. Only lost Tamamo Cat whose only purpose was to NP and die so that her replacement didn't have to fight any lancers. Emiya, Vlad and support Waver took it from there. Emiya actually one-rounded Nero with UBW + two Arts cards.

Got 15 gold medals, maybe I'll do it again...? I kind of want to try for more dragon scales though.

Zhao_Yun

I heard Thursday, but the 40AP became available to me this morning. Cleared it(no servant deaths!), got exactly enough gold medals to grab my last lore. I'm done with this event.

I currently have Waver at 60 and Herc at 50. Will I be able to clear this with a good support or might it be close?
I have no good CEs at the moment, so that makes it harder as well :(

yeah I cleared the final pretty easily. Only lost Tamamo Cat whose only purpose was to NP and die so that her replacement didn't have to fight any lancers. Emiya, Vlad and support Waver took it from there. Emiya actually one-rounded Nero with UBW + two Arts cards.

Got 15 gold medals, maybe I'll do it again...? I kind of want to try for more dragon scales though.
Funny this is how I use my Tamamo Cat now. I love her but god she has a habit of getting two hit and sometimes one hit if that hit is a critical.

Slashlen

I currently have Waver at 60 and Herc at 50. Will I be able to clear this with a good support or might it be close?
I have no good CEs at the moment, so that makes it harder as well :(

I only ran it once(may have gotten lucky), but I think you can if you have a good backline and support.

I used a 90 Jeanne, 60 Herc, and a support Saber Alter (don't know the level, but had all skills, 11k attack, and Kalediscope). I used the first wave to charge Saber's NP and boosted & fired it at the first group of the second wave. Took out Proto Cu and Carmilla, leaving Caster Cu. Alex and Gil came in to replace. I made Gil a priority as well as recharging Saber's NP. When he went down, Herc came in. I had Jeanne bind him for a turn to avoid taking that extra damage, charged Saber's NP to full and set if off the next turn. Herc and Caster Cu go down, it's just Alex and Nero. Alex goes down the next turn, and everyone gangs up on Nero after. My Herc and Saber were pretty low on health by the end, Nero just focused on Jeanne for some reason which wasn't a good idea. My backline was ready for Nero though, if she had taken someone down, EMIYA was up first.

I think if you can use a solid AOE support and get two uses out of it, and have some backline units that can finish the last few off, you should be good. Also keep in mind which servants are on the field as well as which one is in waiting next. I think one of the reasons I got through it easily was that I managed the two that could really hurt me(Gil and Herc).

elty

Barely beat the 40AP. Nero defence buff is nuts. Lost all members except a lv 40 Siegfried - only because Nero buff drop at that point.

elty

Final round is so bad for me

0 Snake eye
0 dragon scale
0 CE

Not that the first two rounds is any good - 3 claw, 1 feather and 5 crystal.

I am about done with gold medal so it looks like I won't get my snake eye to second ascend Gil.

Zhao_Yun

I only ran it once(may have gotten lucky), but I think you can if you have a good backline and support.

I used a 90 Jeanne, 60 Herc, and a support Saber Alter (don't know the level, but had all skills, 11k attack, and Kalediscope). I used the first wave to charge Saber's NP and boosted & fired it at the first group of the second wave. Took out Proto Cu and Carmilla, leaving Caster Cu. Alex and Gil came in to replace. I made Gil a priority as well as recharging Saber's NP. When he went down, Herc came in. I had Jeanne bind him for a turn to avoid taking that extra damage, charged Saber's NP to full and set if off the next turn. Herc and Caster Cu go down, it's just Alex and Nero. Alex goes down the next turn, and everyone gangs up on Nero after. My Herc and Saber were pretty low on health by the end, Nero just focused on Jeanne for some reason which wasn't a good idea. My backline was ready for Nero though, if she had taken someone down, EMIYA was up first.

I think if you can use a solid AOE support and get two uses out of it, and have some backline units that can finish the last few off, you should be good. Also keep in mind which servants are on the field as well as which one is in waiting next. I think one of the reasons I got through it easily was that I managed the two that could really hurt me(Gil and Herc).

Just tried it and barely beat it with the help of 2 CS as well. Happy I cleared it though considering that I only started the game one day before the event started.

Wow Grand Finals ain't no joke.

Gil came out, quickly buffed his NP twice then next turn him and Alex and Herc fucking deleted my team with their NPs.

kewlmyc

Won using my 3 command seals. Would have done better if I instantly deleted Nero when she showed up instead of going after Gil instead. Nero kept spamming her shitty Defense UP/Heal move and my Lancer and Mash could do nothing to her.

Pachael

Gemtasu has an update and a h/t to Hachima Kikou on Berserker Kiyohime in the F/GO arcade game.

Putting that aside, the blurb on 'on demand printing' reminds me of Kancolle Arcade. They're going to print some money there.

Still, don't think AM2 are behind this one as they'd have shown them if they were on this. Maybe?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Managed to get all the available 5* servants in that simulator in "only" 41 10-pulls, lol. Just one repeat 5* even. Just a bit over $700!

I'm probably around half of that...... ummmmm...... yeeahhhhh..

though it can be said, my account has a massive love affair with 5* CEs.

Grand finals were fun as hell... using XiaNaphryz's altria I went through almost all of my guys.. I don't think I need to rework my lineup.. I have Jeanne, Lancelot and Herc all with kscope.. then I have two scrubs (mati and bullhead guy) for bond :p But yeah, with my front four with kscope (did I mention my account loves CEs), I can basically launch XiaNaphryz's excalibur on round 1, clean up, then launch lacenlot on turn 2, clean up.. and if lance dies, get herc in with two evades to build his up and launch him.

edit - and for all of my complaining, my herc is NP2 and my lancelot is NP3.

Mupod

sadly the monuments I need won't be in an event until Halloween so I have to grind those...I predict I will have 30 Assassin monuments before I have 10 Berserker ones at this rate.

I should be able to sneak a bit of monument farming in tonight, almost done with medals.

Hubb

Next two events will have 20 monuments in shop. Pieces too.

The next event only has Riders/Assassins/Archers I believe. I think the next event you are talking about after that is Halloween one, and I'd be surprised if they didn't sneak another event before that or give us the Halloween one early. Otherwise it'll be a long September/early October before that event happens.

elty

sadly the monuments I need won't be in an event until Halloween so I have to grind those...I predict I will have 30 Assassin monuments before I have 10 Berserker ones at this rate.

I should be able to sneak a bit of monument farming in tonight, almost done with medals.

I think the next event will have 3 types in shop, and 4 farmable. Not sure how "farmable" though.

Also, shouldn't moon goddess follow immediately after Nero? Or they are going to space it out?

Cleared 40 AP as well! No Command Seals and no deaths. It came pretty close though, since I wanted to save Gil's NP for Nero, so wasted Waver's NP to stall a turn but just couldn't take out any servants, so had to blow it on enemy Gil + Herc to take him low enough to be finished off before he could NP. Nero was fairly straightforward to take out with Gil Busters.

If anyone needs help for 40 AP feel free to add me, have Lvl 80 Gil and Altera. Gil is great for the end, though you'll need a saber of your own to take out the first wave and Cu

Completed the 40AP, didn't need to use my Command Seals but almost everybody died.

Started with Jeanne, Saber, Support Saber Alter, everybody but Gil went down pretty easily thanks to double EKUSUKALIBAAAAAA[ MoruGAAAAAAN]s, but between Gil and Nero, my people started dropping like flies. Gil and Archer didn't even last a round because Nero's
NP tore through their natural resistance, and Jeanne fell as well.

That left me with Kiyohime.

Two turns of full Buster chains later, walked home with that Crystallized Lore, Yandere Dragon Waifu following close by.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The monument grind is going to be the real test if I stick with this game or bow out.

The farming for older mats like monuments gets phased out really quickly. They pretty much start dropping like candy. I wouldn't worry too much to be honest.

Hubb

I think the next event will have 3 types in shop, and 4 farmable. Not sure how "farmable" though.

Also, shouldn't moon goddess follow immediately after Nero? Or they are going to space it out?

The next event should be moon, and no it really doesn't have farmable monuments. At least if it does it seems to only be the same one's as in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom