• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Did Grand Finals no sweat with Altria/Emiya/Waver support from commish. Used first wave to raise NP gauges, 2 turns to clear all the soldiers. Nuked first wave of servants with Altria NP and a bit of cleanup. Nuked second set with Emiya NP and some cleanup. Herc went down to a Buster chain. Enemies focused on Waver support so he ended up dying when Nero was down to like 50-75% health. My backline Herc replaced him, then Arts chain and Herc NP to wrap it up. 10 turns total to clear.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
My Altera and support Jeanne got crit back to back as soon as soon Nero came out so I had some trouble putting her down, but I eventually did with my Emiya, and without using command seals too.

I completely forgot I had a level 1 Cu Chulainn at the end of my lineup. Been rotating in lower level servants for bond points. Dude hopped in the ring and Nero immediately split his wig lmao.

Kenai

I cleared it but jeez. Just when I was starting to forget how amazing Jeanne was she jukes a Gil NP and a Nero NP same fight. And I still almost lose cause Nero got 2 defense stacks and 3 attack stacks so her resisted hits still did almost 1.5k. Fight was fun. I should be able to grab that last crystal lore from the shop by tomorrow then I am done with the event.

Cruziao

Neo Member
Finished the Grand Final using Waver/Herc/George/commish's Lancelot.
Managed to get CE from drop, so I think I'm done with the event.

XuLlHz1.png

$2,500 before the 5* SSR appeared in a rate-up pool.

Pejo

That was a fun final challenge. Beat it with a team of Altera, Vlad, Friend Waver, Gil, Cu, and Medusa. Made a mistake early on and didn't have Vlad suck out a NP charge from Carmilla. She ended up NP 1shotting Altera. No problems up to Herc/Nero group. It's kinda unfair how the AI can use the same buff skills over and over and over. At one point, Nero had 3 defense boosts, and I was doing like 100 damage a hit with crits with Gil. Anyways, got Herc out with Vlad's NP before Nero used her NP and wasted that line, then I was down to Cu and Medusa, with Nero at about 1/4 HP. Took a long fucking time, but Cu whittled away at her. Thank god her buffs ran out and she never recast, or I probably would have had to bust out command seals.

Back to grinding that dragon to (maybe? hopefully?) get 3 wings. I have yet to get 1 to drop.

Mupod

guh. I messed around with the Gamepress gacha simulator and tried to simulate myself rolling for Tamamo. I went with a 'budget' of 450 quartz (15 rolls) which is pretty close to what I plan to have by October (counting tickets too). Since Altera is the only rate up 5* on the Nero Fest gacha I just treated getting her as a 'win' condition (not totally accurate since there will be more servants in the pool, but you get the idea).

In 20 450-quartz summoning sessions, I got at least one Altera 7 times. 5 of which were in the last 5 tries, oddly enough. But man that got kinda depressing.

I did have some insane luck streaks like getting 4 Wavers. The first time I summoned I got a Nero, Vlad, and Jeanne. But I had 6 or 7 sessions where I didn't find a 5* at all in 15 10-rolls, and one where I didn't get ANY gold servants. I'd probably just delete the game if that happens to me after saving for months.

Which is why I don't save and just roll whenever I get to 30 Quartz or I get a Summon Ticket. I can take one L every few weeks, but multiple Ls all at once? Nah son. Not me.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Meanwhile, I messed around in the normal pool simulator and got 3 Alteras and a Vlad in like $300 worth of pulls.

lol RNG!

What's funny is that you say that as if it's "only" $300... but it's THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS.

Gacha games take a whole different mindset.

Baalzebup

I admit I've chomped all but one of my golden apples, but I've reached my target of 7 serpent jewel drops!!!!! Got Marie to 3rd stage (Viva la France) and Carmilla to stage 2. I still need to beat Umu-sama's gang and I think I can say I've beaten the event, dropwise. The servant Gacha, not so much.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What's funny is that you say that as if it's "only" $300... but it's THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS.

Gacha games take a whole different mindset.

I'm gonna mess around with the simulator a bit more to see how low a price I can manage to pull all 5* servants, see if I can do better than the $700 number I had posted about earlier.

Weird, I did a single 10 roll in the simulator and got Jeanne and Nero, but I did two 10 rolls and a bunch of single rolls and the best thing I pulled was Heaven's Feel.

Also just finished the 40 AP challenge. Went with Jeanne 90, Medea 51, Arturia 80 (Support), 60 Saint Martha, 60 EMIYA and 30 Mash. They killed everyone but Emiya, who killed Nero at the end. Pretty fun.

Today's the last roll I can do in the event, so in case I don't get Nero, I'll consider this my vengeance against her.

That 40 ap challenge was easy, I'm actually taking longer to end the 20 ap one than this, anyway, I guess that's it for umufest, since mat grinding is quite annoying and I already got 2 CEs from the shop and one from drops.

Also got an Atalanta from a yolo pull, but I have Emiya already...but she has cat ears...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Had to burn 3 command seals feels bad man.

Mupod

well the ease at which I cleared this event is actually a bit of a relief. Looking at the events on JP it seems like at some point they start severely ramping up the difficulty, but hopefully I can hold out for a while longer before I finally spend all these quartz/tickets.

Georgios+Vlad team has easily handled the more difficult interludes I've tackled so far. Kind of an odd pair at first glance, considering Dracula, but Lancer Vlad and St. George would probably be bros4life.

jonjonaug

Didn't have any problems clearing the grand final the first time, but on the second time Nero kept spamming Imperial Privilege to such an extent that ny Herc only did around 2K damage a hit and she could tear through my party in 1-2 hits each. Luckily my final reserve Servant is Emiya and he was able to take her down.

That 40 ap challenge was easy, I'm actually taking longer to end the 20 ap one than this, anyway, I guess that's it for umufest, since mat grinding is quite annoying and I already got 2 CEs from the shop and one from drops.

Also got an Atalanta from a yolo pull, but I have Emiya already...but she has cat ears...

Her tail is very fluffy

You know what you must do

Well, Atalanta and Emiya are good for different kind of teams, so you can use Atalanta for a Quick/Crit team (in case you don't have Gil) and Emiya is better for an Arts team.

But yeah, she's a waifu so you must level her up, ascend her and make a team for her. It's a duty you cannot ignore.

Burn her for mana prisms?

Blasphemy!!

chrono01

Burn her for mana prisms?
You monster!

Anyway, I did the 40 AP event. Definitely more difficult than anything else so far, but still manageable (with a decently-leveled friend, of course!). I need just a few more gold medals to grab the last Homunculus Baby and then it's daily farming for me. I'd farm scales from the event...but given the drop-rate and the fact that I still need several ascension pieces, I'm going to take my AP elsewhere.

Strimei

U M U
M
U

Speaking of UMU:

https://vimeo.com/227580926

I really liked the story of Fate/Extra but thought the gameplay was pretty much the worst ever. Here's a chance (finally) for everyone to experience the glory of UMU without having to subject themselves to the horror of actually playing Fate/Extra.

January 2018 is the estimated premiere date of Fate/Extra Last Encore!

I had heard that Last Encore may not follow Extra's story exactly but use the slightly different Extella/Zero timeline that Nasu apparently explained (its the Extra timeline that leads into Extella). There's a fair amount that's the same (many of the same master/servant combos) but there's some rather drastic differences (
F!Hakuno is present as well as M!Hakuno, but she's a "fake" or something and ends up with an EMIYA that's half-burnt/gone)
, Tamamo has a different master for a time, etc).

Still, yes it likely will be the way to understand that story, though I will actually kinda defend Extra's gameplay. Certainly not the best, I'll agree, but I thought for what was essentially Rock-Paper-Scissors, it was surprisingly in-depth.

Also it had some great music, though that song was made even better in Extella.

I may be a bit biased in Tamamo's favor, though...

chrono01

One more silver piece and Serpent Jewel before I can (finally) evolve my Gilgamesh from 60 to 70 (I want to unlock his third skill, damn it). Tempted to spend a Golden Apple on it, but I'd rather save those for events instead, especially if we're going to have a break in-between them where my AP could be used freely towards it.

I MUST RESIST!

Kenai

One more silver piece and Serpent Jewel before I can (finally) evolve my Gilgamesh from 60 to 70 (I want to unlock his third skill, damn it). Tempted to spend a Golden Apple on it, but I'd rather save those for events instead, especially if we're going to have a break in-between them where my AP could be used freely towards it.

I MUST RESIST!

Yea I'd wait til we know when Orion is. Jewels suck but the Archer pieces will flow freely from it.

chrono01

Yea I'd wait til we know when Orion is. Jewels suck but the Archer pieces will flow freely from it.
Yeah, I'm just going to wait. I'd love to ascend him again now, but I'd rather plan ahead and use the Golden Apples I do have for when I really need to.

lol, my phone just died on me, I knew all that luck was gonna backfire in some way, guess it's time to install this on my ipad...
Damn, sorry. I hope you had your transfer code saved. :(

Grazzt

Yeah, I'm just going to wait. I'd love to ascend him again now, but I'd rather plan ahead and use the Golden Apples I do have for when I really need to.

Damn, sorry. I hope you had your transfer code saved. :(

Now is actually the best chance to farm one single serpent jewel. The drop rate is not too terrible. Besides, you can also get some caster gems which are quite rare atm.

chrono01

Now is actually the best chance to farm one single serpent jewel. The drop rate is not too terrible. Besides, you can also get some caster gems which are quite rare atm.
I might do that.

Which event difficulty do I farm for that, the 20AP one?

Kenai

I Ascended Jeanne to 80 (not going 90 for awhile with those monument requirements) and don't have enough gold cards to get her 80. Carmilla can ascend to 70 now too and I don't need those mats for anyone else I have targeted for SQ. And I want my last Crystal Lore but I'm still 150 medals away.

help.gif

chrono01

I Ascended Jeanne to 80 (not going 90 for awhile with those monument requirements) and don't have enough gold cards to get her 80. Carmilla can ascend to 70 now too and I don't need those mats for anyone else I have targeted for SQ. And I want my last Crystal Lore but I'm still 150 medals away.

help.gif
Sounds like you have some decisions to make, haha. Best of luck with that!

Honestly, I'd work on the Crystallized Lore before anything else, as those are actually limited. EXP cards come and go, and are so much more easily-accessible.

RSchmitz

help.gif
You will need to lvl up a couple times or use some apples otherwise 150 gold medals isnt possible anymore.

Best comment ever over on r/grandorder

"______"

I hold my breath and put all my money into my left hand.

I only need to understand the Servants I can roll.

I already know the precautions.

I have to move forward.

I have to go beyond that gacha and defeat despair--

"---Whale, on."

I stare at it. I see through the gacha rates. I open my left hand and grasp the imaginary card of the waifu that has yet to appear.

An extraordinary weight. Emiya Shirou cannot handle this luck. But---my left arm will definitely withstand the salt of my enemy.

"Ah----"

It breaks.

A part of my wallet explodes.

My credit cards break, not being able to withstand the overflowing money. It's unsightly like an empty account.

"Here I come----"

"I will give my undivided attention to rolling her for certain"

The gacha notices me. Recognizing my use of money as the start, the summoning lights commence moving. The gacha plays the summoning music and animation.

---One second.

My waifu won't appear with a single ticket, and normal quartz is useless against her.

Regular whaling won't do the trick.

I can't beat this gacha unless I use whaling past my limits.

Therefore---

"Self-restrain, off"

Nine in my head.

I use all twenty-seven bank accounts to my name and spend it all in one blow.

Two seconds.

She's right before me. I can almost hear her summoning line.

The lights turn golden, and I confront them by leaning forward.

"Set----Nine Lives Waifu Works."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom