• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really starting to wonder if there's some kind of intermittent database issue on their back end and every now and then they flush a cache or an update occurs or something happens which resolves the phantom connecting forever issue. JP has the same problem off and on, although DW has tried multiple times to patch it to permanently resolve the issue.

Grazzt

LMAO, Chinese server censored big boobs. As compensation, they give out 100 quartz to each player.

Most female character cards now only show the back side.

chrono01

LMAO, Chinese server censored big boobs. As compensation, they give out 100 quartz to each player.

Wait, what? That's insane.

By backside you mean the back of the card, or the rear of the character? If so, that might be an upgrade for some.

Grazzt

People were expecting this:
x10V8cF.jpg

Instead they get this:

ntBLyWj.jpg

Mata Hari's boob size is normal...not like Orion or Minamoto no Yorimitsu

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Wtf lol? 100 is not enough for that shit. I would also quit asap.

kewlmyc

People were expecting this:
x10V8cF.jpg

Instead they get this:

ntBLyWj.jpg

Mata Hari's boob size is normal...not like Orion or Minamoto no Yorimitsu

Wow, that's stupid, especially considering some of the characters coming down the line.

Though the 100 quartz sounds nice. Is that for every character they censor, or just overall?

If you think the 100 free quartz is just for censorship of two servants, you don't even know the worst of it.

Suddenly, all planned content in China FGO is on hold. The update to add grail ascension: on hold. The Camelot story content: on hold. The upcoming swimsuit gacha...

Well, they're not allowed to say it, but what do you think suddenly drew the wrath of the censors in the first place.

1/2 AP is now active in China FGO because there is suddenly nothing else to do. That 100 quartz is being handed out this week in installments every day to prevent players from just quitting. These are desperation tactics.

Presumably they're now at the mercy of the censors until they find a way to work with Japan to make the swimsuit servants acceptable. If they don't find a way... who knows what happens.

Quonny

If you think the 100 free quartz is just for censorship of two servants, you don't even know the worst of it.

Suddenly, all planned content in China FGO is on hold. The update to add grail ascension: on hold. The Camelot story content: on hold. The upcoming swimsuit gacha...

Well, they're not allowed to say it, but what do you think suddenly drew the wrath of the censors in the first place.

1/2 AP is now active in China FGO because there is suddenly nothing else to do. That 100 quartz is being handed out this week in installments every day to prevent players from just quitting. These are desperation tactics.

Presumably they're now at the mercy of the censors until they find a way to work with Japan to make the swimsuit servants acceptable. If they don't find a way... who knows what happens.

What a mess.

kewlmyc

Did a new law get passed or something? Also I heard you can still see the models in My Room, so what's the point?

Been trying off and on for the past five hours and fully restarting the app. Nothing yet.

I'm still curious about what happens when this occurs. Are you on Android or iOS? Can you ping their server? Any package losses?

Man, that's rough. I think the biggest problem (besides censorship, obviously) is trying to work with Japan and the artists to make changes to the art. I mean, there may be some legal or artist integrity hurdles to go through. For example, there's some Yugioh cards that haven't been released outside of Japan because either "need" to be censored but the artist is not allowing it, or they have conflicting copyright issues in their imagery.

Pejo

I love that now instead of getting mad that I didn't get a heart drop from the 30AP dango event quest, I can now get mad that I got a rider gem from the dragon in the 30AP daily. They could really throw us a bone with these drop rates, or at least shrink the pool of possible drops.

That blows about the CN version, at its core, this game is really just us gambling for character art to begin with, then they take that away...

EDarkness

I sent out a bunch of friend requests the other day, but I think some got turned down because I don't have GAF anywhere in my name or anything. Will probably send out some more today. My character name is Talbain.

chrono01

Not looking good for that particular version of the game. The censorship alone would kill it for me, everything else is just adding to the pile. I feel bad for the fans, hopefully they can come to some sort of resolution soon. :/

gaiadyne

I sent out a bunch of friend requests the other day, but I think some got turned down because I don't have GAF anywhere in my name or anything. Will probably send out some more today. My character name is Talbain.

You should fill out your Support Setup and give them all Craft Essences. All I see is a lone EMIYA with nothing attached to him.

EDarkness

You should fill out your Support Setup and give them all Craft Essences. All I see is a lone EMIYA with nothing attached to him.

You mean the card things that can be added to them that add either Attack or HP? Emiya should be using something right now. I gave him a card that was 4* and gave 400 ATK or something like that. If he's not wearing it, then I don't know what going on. Looking at the game now, he has it on. All of my characters have something on, actually.

chrono01

You mean the card things that can be added to them that add either Attack or HP? Emiya should be using something right now. I gave him a card that was 4* and gave 400 ATK or something like that. If he's not wearing it, then I don't know what going on. Looking at the game now, he has it on. All of my characters have something on, actually.
Are you sure you're looking in your Support Setup and not Party Support? The CE attached to your Party and Support Servants are independent of each other.

EDarkness

Are you sure you're looking in your Support Setup and not Party Support? The CE attached to your Party and Support Servants are independent of each other.

Oh. I thought they were the same thing. Where can I find that spot?

EDIT: I found it. So I see a bunch of slots here. What are they for? I haven't seen anyone have multiple servants on my friends list, so it seems a little strange that there are all these slots.

Kenai

EDIT: I found it. So I see a bunch of slots here. What are they for? I haven't seen anyone have multiple servants on my friends list, so it seems a little strange that there are all these slots.

Most people on your friend's list should have multiple servants actually, you hit the different class tabs to switch to them. They are labeled for what class a servant needs to be to occupy that slot. "All' can be anyone and is usually your strongest character *or* one of the few classes that doesn't have a slot already (like Ruler and Shielder). There's no reason not to put someone there since there's at least a few lowbie servants of each class you can get with FP summon.

gaiadyne

I would suggest switching your Emiya into the archer slot and putting Zhuge Liang in the all position since that is what most people see when they see your support servants also put a unit in every position because your friends can use all of your supports and sometimes there is a reason to use Sabers, Lancers, etc during dailies and other events

Sure send me an invite, its DraggyGaf on the sheet. Unless they somehow resolve the art issue, I don't think it will survive

EDarkness

Most people on your friend's list should have multiple servants actually, you hit the different class tabs to switch to them. They are labeled for what class a servant needs to be to occupy that slot. "All' can be anyone and is usually your strongest character *or* one of the few classes that doesn't have a slot already (like Ruler and Shielder). There's no reason not to put someone there since there's at least a few lowbie servants of each class you can get with FP summon.

Hmm...not sure what the "All" spot is, but I'll take a look at it in a few minutes. Trying to get energy back to do some runs for those stone things to ascend Emiya.

I would suggest switching your Emiya into the archer slot and putting Zhuge Liang in the all position since that is what most people see when they see your support servants also put a unit in every position because your friends can use all of your supports and sometimes there is a reason to use Sabers, Lancers, etc during dailies and other events

Okay. The only reason I have Emiya there is because he's my strongest character. Zhuge is still low level and dies pretty easy, so I didn't think anyone wanted to mess with him at this point. Trying to level him up, but it costs SOOOOO much to do. Gonna be a slow process at this point.

Been trying to figure out what to focus on in this game. I seem to be all over the place, but at the end of the day I tend to only farm for EXP things and that's it. Not sure if I should be doing the story or what, either. I want to work on Mash, but I can't level her for some reason. She's kinda stuck and going through the story hasn't opened anything up yet. Is there something special I need to do for her?

Oh and thanks for all of the information. You guys have been great!

Sure send me an invite, its DraggyGaf on the sheet. Unless they somehow resolve the art issue, I don't think it will survive

Okay. I'll do that in a couple of minutes!

Articalys

Relevant panel times at Crunchyroll Expo tomorrow:
Aniplex panel: 1:45 PM PDT
FGO panel: 5:45PM PDT

I wonder if I should stop trying the 30AP monuments daily and just wait for events instead...

Ephidel

Hmm...not sure what the "All" spot is, but I'll take a look at it in a few minutes. Trying to get energy back to do some runs for those stone things to ascend Emiya.
The "All" slot is the one on the far left of your support setup page. You can put a character of any class in it (whereas the other slots are class specific, so you can only put a berserker in the berserker slot).
The "All" slot is also the one that shows up by default when people are choosing supports (though you can click through the different classes to see what else people have on offer that you can use).
Been trying to figure out what to focus on in this game. I seem to be all over the place, but at the end of the day I tend to only farm for EXP things and that's it. Not sure if I should be doing the story or what, either. I want to work on Mash, but I can't level her for some reason. She's kinda stuck and going through the story hasn't opened anything up yet. Is there something special I need to do for her?
You should make your way through the story, both because the story is fun, and because that way you'll get quartz you can save up to try (emphasis on the try) and get other characters with later.
As for Mash, keep going with the story. Her progression is tied to it.

Basically, you need to wait it out. Sometimes it affects people for a few minutes, while others hours. It was down for me once around 14 hours, which was extremely frustrating.

I hope it's fixed for you soon. It's a really scary situation when you're affected by it. :/

Now I have this problem on one of my devices. Of course, reinstalling did nothing except use up my bind code.

Notice to everyone who might get hit by this problem: bind your code in advance, and don't use it to try to reinstall. If you must use it, use it for picking up on another device.

chrono01

Now I have this problem on one of my devices. Of course, reinstalling did nothing except use up my bind code.

Notice to everyone who might get hit by this problem: bind your code in advance, and don't use it to try to reinstall. If you must use it, use it for picking up on another device.
Sorry, hope it fixes itself soon. At least there's no event going on right now. :(

Just a note, the bolded doesn't work either. I used the code to transfer phones and it still didn't fix things, the issue itself is account-related and will only fix itself with a non-determined time. Extremely frustrating when you're hit by it.

yippeed

Neo Member
Is there some weird scaling with EMIYA's NP or do I not understand the mechanics?

Got plenty of chances to use him during moonfest 30AP and during the last round I would unleash the NP and hit for 106k starting NP/X/X and only 109k B/X/NP. At first I thought it was just variance but it happened every time. That's like a 3% bonus not the 30% I was expecting? Does NP not scale the same as standard cards?

Is there some weird scaling with EMIYA's NP or do I not understand the mechanics?

Got plenty of chances to use him during moonfest 30AP and during the last round I would unleash the NP and hit for 106k starting NP/X/X and only 109k B/X/NP. At first I thought it was just variance but it happened every time. That's like a 3% bonus not the 30% I was expecting? Does NP not scale the same as standard cards?

NP damage does not scale based on the card position. NP cards are also not affected by the lead card in the chain.

So you might as well put it first (or second if you want a different effect on your non-NP cards).

NP positioning matters again if you have more than one NP in a chain, though. The second and third NPs will gain overcharge for free.

NP damage does not scale based on the card position. NP cards are also not affected by the lead card in the chain.

So you might as well put it first (or second if you want a different effect on your non-NP cards).

NP positioning matters again if you have more than one NP in a chain, though. The second and third NPs will gain overcharge for free.

If the NP debuffs the boss you will naturally want to put it in the front of the chain

Moonlight

Banned
Been like 30 hours since I last properly connected.

Thanks to Chrono for sharing his experience with it, though. Helped me go from being dead anxious over it to just kinda annoyed, lol.

Though if it doesn't fix itself I think I'm probably done with the game. It wasn't the best account ever, but I put tons of time into it (and had a lot of SQ saved up) that I'm not gonna wanna make back trying again.

chrono01

Been like 30 hours since I last properly connected.

Thanks to Chrono for sharing his experience with it, though. Helped me go from being dead anxious over it to just kinda annoyed, lol.

Though if it doesn't fix itself I think I'm probably done with the game. It wasn't the best account ever, but I put tons of time into it (and had a lot of SQ saved up) that I'm not gonna wanna make back trying again.
Yeah, 30 hours is definitely longer than I had to wait. The really upsetting thing is you can email customer support about it, and the only thing they'll tell you to do is all of the stuff I posted above, and when you tell them you've already tried it, their only resolution is to wait it out or use another device. It seems to be a common issue in the Japanese version, and apparently carried itself over to the Global release. If it's been around as long as it has on JP, it doesn't bode well that it'll be fixed anytime soon. I really wish they would, as it's depressing when you're affected by it.

I hope it corrects itself soon, as I'd hate to see you leave. :(

T-Rex.

Banned
The sheet in the OP is (kinda) outdated since some of us rerolled for better accounts. What's your friend code?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Jack's design is absolute trash. I guess you could keep her at her stage one design, but man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom