• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciel

Do you guys think they will announce the new area/ event/etc during the panel this weekend? The next rate up would probably be the one with Francis Drake?

How can you say no to the Prana cannon?

Fun fact (actual Fate story spoilers) ; Ea has been canonically stopped only twice.
Saber has blocked it once with Avalon, and Illya used that attack to overpower and reverse it at the end of Prisma Illya S2.

Illya is always the right choice. (I just don't want to be hamstrung because of it)

Slashlen

Do you guys think they will announce the new area/ event/etc during the panel this weekend? The next rate up would probably be the one with Francis Drake?

I'm expecting at most something like the rate up we missed or 4M downloads. They need to pace themselves since we have nearly a 2 month gap until Halloween going by JP dates. Maybe we'll get a comment that helps us figure out what they're doing with the schedule, but I expect no real announcement for new areas/events.

You jest, but if any one character actually warrants a redesign, it's bloody Jack the (loli) Ripper. Speaking of, saw this floating around:

Hm-hm. Hm!

I don't mind this as long as original is still one of the available ascentions. Gotta give people options
I like butts, don't judge me

Sciel

I'm expecting at most something like the rate up we missed or 4M downloads. They need to pace themselves since we have nearly a 2 month gap until Halloween going by JP dates. Maybe we'll get a comment that helps us figure out what they're doing with the schedule, but I expect no real announcement for new areas/events.
The rate-up we missed would be the FSN one yeah?
The 4M download event seems nice since its login bonus + Kintoki Rate-Up + 1/2AP.

Still would be disappointed if there is no new area, Its like...2 months after release now. I know the gap between areas was much larger in JP, but NA has the benefit of all the content already being pre-created.

Finally, after what seems like weeks after everyone else, I've joined the lvl 100 club.

Looks like I'll max the starting mystic code between lvl 101 & 102. Not sure if I want to bother with the other one we got. It's skills seem kinda bad.

Finally, after what seems like weeks after everyone else, I've joined the lvl 100 club.

Looks like I'll max the starting mystic code between lvl 101 & 102. Not sure if I want to bother with the other one we got. It's skills seem kinda bad.

The other Mystic Code is definitely much more situational but has its uses. The debuff cleanser can be very useful for certain situations (remember Nero's buff spamming from the Nero Fes?), however it is just as effective at level 1 as it is at level 10.
The arts card buff on the other hand goes up to fifty percent at level 10 and can be used to greatly buff arts based noble phantasms (take Vlad for example).
If you don't really need the original Mystic Code in order to win battles you might as well level the new one.

Slashlen

The rate-up we missed would be the FSN one yeah?
The 4M download event seems nice since its login bonus + Kintoki Rate-Up + 1/2AP.

Still would be disappointed if there is no new area, Its like...2 months after release now. I know the gap between areas was much larger in JP, but NA has the benefit of all the content already being pre-created.

Yeah, the FSN one.

Here's how I look at the calendar. The likely start for Halloween is the week of 10/23, or possibly very late in the week of 10/16. That gives us 8 weeks starting with next week. They probably want to minimize the size of any gaps in content, so if the only event/area that gets put out before then is Okeanos, it makes a lot more sense to put it in the middle and have a pair of 3 week gaps than do it immediately and deal with a 6 week gap. And 3 weeks seems to be well outside of when they like to announce/tease things.

Obviously if they move up more than that, the gaps shrink and it becomes more likely. But I'm not optimistic about that.

EDarkness

The sheet in the OP is (kinda) outdated since some of us rerolled for better accounts. What's your friend code?

My code is 397,723,496. I don't have much as I haven't been able to do many summons yet. Still, I appreciate those with great characters since I've been able to do some things I wouldn't have been able to do.

Strimei

I may do one 10-roll for Tamamo but otherwise still waiting for Scathach here.

But I always do a few ticket yolo rolls. Y'never know.

Admit it, you're rolling on every upcoming banner.

I believe I've already said that :3

Drake
Tamamo
Okita
Scathach
Jack

I finally make the kind of money that I could whale for them, but I think a line needs to be drawn regarding what I should pay for a digital character though.

Currently I haven't decided where that line is...

Not a fan of Drake. Maybe I'll use some tickets.
But I really need a Rider

I'm not super fond of her either, but we have limited choices for good Riders. She's the third best SSR rider, and one of the better farming characters in the game. Her NP and 3rd skill, along with the Rider class's inherently high star weight, make her a great candidate for crit teams as well.

T-Rex.

Banned
All aboard the Drake hype train ship!

My code is 397,723,496. I don't have much as I haven't been able to do many summons yet. Still, I appreciate those with great characters since I've been able to do some things I wouldn't have been able to do.
Sent you a request :)

chrono01

New content! I hope you can log back into your account, Moonlight. :(

In-regards to the characters, it's so difficult trying to determine who to roll for. I want Drake, I want Scattach, I want Caster Tamamo, I want Jack, I want Mordred, I want Jeanne Alter, I want...

IT NEVER ENDS!

The way you phrased your post made it sound like you were saving up for Tamamo Caster.

Ah, I see. I just thought Tamamo was coming first.

Well, Tamamo and Scathach are the real prizes I'll be sad if I don't get, but I'm going after all of them.

After that I honestly only think I'll be rolling on Jeanne Alter and the Beach Banners. Maybe Merlin for just how OP he is. So all the wallet damage will happen early in the game's life for me.

Laiza

It is very fortunate for myself that I only have a small number of characters that are in my "must-have" list, with everything else being either "nice to have" or "skip".

I'm also trying to limit myself to only a few characters of each class, so that helps, too. I don't feel any pressing need to push myself to get a full roster.

Sciel

Yay Okeanos. I'm assuming this will be coming on the 31st after the Orion rate-up ends.

About Francis Drake. Its basically Waifu vs Function now, i'm not a fan of her card Art so I'll probably throw a couple of tickets and maybe one 10 roll at her.

aitakute

Just saw the Prisma Illya movie. Now I really want
Installed Emiya Shirou
to be in this game. What a badass. Would buy quartz for him.

Grazzt

I'm not super fond of her either, but we have limited choices for good Riders. She's the third best SSR rider, and one of the better farming characters in the game. Her NP and 3rd skill, along with the Rider class's inherently high star weight, make her a great candidate for crit teams as well.
The only rider I want is Islandar

T-Rex.

Banned
Just saw the Prisma Illya movie. Now I really want
Installed Emiya Shirou
to be in this game. What a badass. Would buy quartz for him.
Same, I'd legit whale to get him.

I sort of want to watch the movie just to see the characters that would appear in FGO down the line but I never really watched the Prisma series.
I saw a gif of tan Illya making out with a magical girl and decided against it.
But I've seen gifs and clips of some of the action scenes and they looked well done. It's quite a complicated dilemma.
Do what I did. I skipped the first two seasons and just read a summary and then picked it back up at the latest one which cuts a lot of the weird shit out. Creepy loli shit got me to nope out of the series, but GAR brought me back.

I sort of want to watch the movie just to see the characters that would appear in FGO down the line but I never really watched the Prisma series.
I saw a gif of tan Illya making out with a magical girl and decided against it.
But I've seen gifs and clips of some of the action scenes and they looked well done. It's quite a complicated dilemma.

Do what I did. I skipped the first two seasons and just read a summary and then picked it back up at the latest one which cuts a lot of the weird shit out. Creepy loli shit got me to nope out of the series, but GAR brought me back.

You would miss best girl Bazett though, since she only is relevant in the second season.

aitakute

I skipped the Prisma Illya anime because of said reason before too. But then I watched some action scenes on youtube and decided to give it a try again. Aside from the loli sexual scene, It was fun and the action scenes are good. Best Shirou out of any version imo.
And yes, Bazett was funny and badass.

kewlmyc

Yeah, a lot of the gifs of stuff in Prisma Illya kinda creeped me out so I never bothered watching it.

However, I hear the movie that just came out is pretty good.
It's pretty much Shirou the Movie and Illya doesn't appear in it outside the short epilogue.

aitakute

Yeah, a lot of the gifs of stuff in Prisma Illya kinda creeped me out so I never bothered watching it.

However, I hear the movie that just came out is pretty good.
It's pretty much Shirou the Movie and Illya doesn't appear in it outside the short epilogue.

Yes the movie is good. it's nothing like the Prisma Illya anime. But the ending really hit my right in the feel having watched the tv anime.

e4lMvZr.jpg

RIP Okita

And y'all have terrible taste. Hating on the artistic masterpiece that is Prisma Illya, and all the while talking up the shittiest MC in all of anime (Shirou).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom