• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strimei

Hm. The CCC, Gudaguda events (and whatever else is like it) is a bit worrying. I honestly don't think it'd be that big a deal to release it, surely.

This could've been fixed if they just released CCC over here, damn it.

What other events could be problematic like CCC?

Publisher who's consistently refused to localize content now in a bind because no one will understand their new fanservice gambling game.

Shocking news.

Maybe this will finally get the ball rolling on all the other shit they haven't brought over?

EDIT: Reposting for new page

e4lMvZr.jpg

Strimei

What other events could be problematic like CCC?

To answer my own question, looking them over, aside from the second Guda one, only the Illya event feels like it could have issues, but that one is listed in the NA FGO's credits, so I think that is coming.

Azusa

e4lMvZr.jpg

RIP Okita

And y'all have terrible taste. Hating on the artistic masterpiece that is Prisma Illya, and all the while talking up the shittiest MC in all of anime (Shirou).

Isnt its just OP thoughts, about okita delay. Gag manga isnt long and until November still a lot of time. Or it was clearly stated in panel that okita will be delayed? If its not the case then stop this panic.

Caim

Okeanos and the 1st Heaven's Feel movie eventually coming to US theaters were the only things that I've seen today that were actually announced.

The rest just sounds like speculation.

Zanzura

From reading the thread where that post originates from (4chan) and other anon reports, it sounds more like the translation team is just stating that localizing those events will be difficult since one or both of them rely heavily on references to material that hasn't been released for NA. The whole delay thing is speculation on that anon's part. I think it's more likely they'll just try their best to translate it and release it as is. Delaying GUDAGUDA into next year sounds like a great way to piss off the NA playerbase.

Or maybe this means they'll finally localize CCC.

Pfft. Yeah right.

chrono01

Well, time to uninstall the game guys. Game is dead.

(Not really.)

I'm willing to give the team the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure things will be fine. If they're not, feel free to reference this post in a couple months to laugh at me.

Zhao_Yun

Currently saving up all my quartz for Scathach, but the wait is starting to get annoying, especially since I don't own any good 4* or 5* CEs (I only did the 2 10 pulls at the start of the game). Need to resist the temptation to pull :(

chrono01

Currently saving up all my quartz for Scathach, but the wait is starting to get annoying, especially since I don't own any good 4* or 5* CEs (I only did the 2 10 pulls at the start of the game). Need to resist the temptation to pull :(
You can always go the ticket route, that's what I'm doing. I have no 5* CE either, it's pretty depressing. :(

alpha69

The mention of Fate/Extra CCC gets my attention. I hope Japan remake/remaster it for PS4/Vita/Switch then release it to NA. I'm still waiting to finally play it with BEST TEAM HAKUNONxGIL

Slashlen

I'm still hoarding for Scathach and also only have a few decent CEs. It doesn't bother me too much but I do worry in a weird way that when the day comes I pull her on the first try and don't get any CEs or other servants. Yes, I know it's actually better since I'll have more pulls for later, but my hoard after this will be for Jalter which is a lot farther off and seems like a really long time to wait for some decent gatcha CEs.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
A "singularity" is just their term for a story quest area. Every singularity involves a different historical point in time that the evil dudes are corrupting.

The fact that Aniplex seems to actually care about this stuff is something new and amazing. I mean I hope they figure it out but it's not as if there isn't going to be any content from CCC otherwise. They're just going to release it as is if they have to.

The best solution is a port of CCC to PS4, Vita, and Switch but that would depend on a lot of things way out of Aniplex's control.

Baalzebup

Gaaaaah, zero Berserker Monuments from this week. Even discounting the ones I got from the store, the only ones I didn't get were Saber and Zerker ones.. Which incidentally are the two I want the most atm. The desire sensor is real af.

EDarkness

A "singularity" is just their term for a story quest area. Every singularity involves a different historical point in time that the evil dudes are corrupting.

Have you played FGO at all?

The singularities are the locations we're going to.

I do play the game, but I had no idea what the Orleans area was called. I just see Orleans and go there. I don't remember seeing anything about singularities, but maybe it's there and I missed it. In any case, thanks for the info.

Is this something everyone wants? Do people do these story areas? I find them pretty boring and the story is terrible. I guess it's like FFBE, I suppose.

kewlmyc

And y'all have terrible taste. Hating on the artistic masterpiece that is Prisma Illya, and all the while talking up the shittiest MC in all of anime (Shirou).

I don't like Shirou either, but the movie is being compared to Fate/Zero and Heaven's Feel in terms of tone, so color me interested.

Haly

FGO-BASICS2-170719002.jpg

See the little label atop each banner?

There's a Gilgamesh interlude in London that contains a key upgrade for his NP so as a Gilly user I'd like to get that ASAP. Also every new Singularity comes with new servants and so on, as well as new mats/mat grind places and just free quartz.

Strimei

I do play the game, but I had no idea what the Orleans area was called. I just see Orleans and go there. I don't remember seeing anything about singularities, but maybe it's there and I missed it. In any case, thanks for the info.

Is this something everyone wants? Do people do these story areas? I find them pretty boring and the story is terrible. I guess it's like FFBE, I suppose.

The story is one of the key parts, so yes its generally what we want. It also opens up more zones, harder quests, more drops, more servants.

If you refuse to do them you're pretty much gonna have nothing much else to do besides the occasional event.

EDarkness

The story is one of the key parts, so yes its generally what we want. It also opens up more zones, harder quests, more drops, more servants.

If you refuse to do them you're pretty much gonna have nothing much else to do besides the occasional event.

Ah. That's fine by me. I have tons of other games to play. I generally skip the story in these games because they're usually pretty bad. At least from what I've played of Orleans, it's just as bad. Doesn't matter, though. I just enjoy kicking ass with my guys so all the other stuff doesn't matter.

Wasn't fond of the last event we had with Orion. Not sure what was going on with that, but it was silly and I ended up skipping the story there, too.

I have no regrets. This was the only path.

Damn, that's awesome. I want to get mine that badass. I'm working on it now, but getting the stone things is hard. Cool to see some folks get there!

FGO-BASICS2-170719002.jpg

See the little label atop each banner?

There's a Gilgamesh interlude in London that contains a key upgrade for his NP so as a Gilly user I'd like to get that ASAP. Also every new Singularity comes with new servants and so on, as well as new mats/mat grind places and just free quartz.

Thanks for pointing that out. I just never really looked at the text above the banner. I don't have Gilgamesh, so that wouldn't mean anything to me, but it's great for those who need it. I doubt I'd work on him even if I did get him, though. Takes too many resources to build any character up, I think.

Prisma Illya? Seriously? I tried reading the manga for that, but gave up because I just couldn't get into it. Fate/Stay Night is still my favorite anime, manga, story in the series before they started all these crazy spinoffs. I'm trying to read the manga for Fate/Extra right now, but not diggin' it. I still think Shirou is a better MC than the ones we've gotten recently.

EDarkness

Because the game developer and publisher are completely different and they would not be contacted at all for the localization.

But didn't they just run a special in Fate/Grand Order to celebrate the release of FATE/Extella on the NS? I could have sworn I saw that in the news list when I first started playing....

Quonny

wow its almost like this dude from the localization team is only translating and doesnt know anything about the business aspects of the game/company and the translator answered the best he could instead of just saying 'dunno' but idiots on reddit and 4chan went 'well translator guy said it would be hard to translate so events are cancelled'

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Haly

Smashing my phone brb.

This franchise is stupid for a lot of reasons but Kirei's (and now Apocrypha Shirou's) use of black keys like cosplay-on-the-cheap Wolverine claws stands out as extra stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom