• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Simpsons Treehouse of Horror segment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even in classic seasons, Treehouse of Horror has always been my least favorite Simpsons thing - but the frogurt segment is definitely an All Time Classic

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Easily ToH V. Though I have to say, I have to stop the episode before the ending plays, because it still grosses me out. The Krusty Doll one was also good.

10LMBbY.jpg
Easily one of my favorite jokes from the series. Even better is watching the commentary & having everyone else laugh along.

Close call between Shinning and Time and Punishment.

we-ranked-the-20-funniest-halloween-tv-episodes-of-all-time32.gif

I was more excited to watch TOH eps than go trick or treating, it was an event. Was obsessed with cg anything at the time so Homer3 was a beautiful thing to see. That water.

LeleSocho

Banned
Everytime they air reruns on tv and it's ToH i'm pretty pissed because i don't like them but the only Treehouse of Horror that i pleasantly rewatch is Homer^3.

Ah yeah, the awesome 3D one too.

Even in classic seasons, Treehouse of Horror has always been my least favorite Simpsons thing - but the frogurt segment is definitely an All Time Classic

Interesting

They've been a personal favourite. Or, at least were in the classic years.

I have a confession: Usually, when I'm rewatching Simpsons seasons on DVD or whatever, I skip the treehouses.

I don't know why. I guess i consider them outside of...the canon?

I have a confession: Usually, when I'm rewatching Simpsons seasons on DVD or whatever, I skip the treehouses.

I don't know why. I guess i consider them outside of...the canon?

Well yeah...otherwise that's a fairly extensive skin graft procedure they had to do on the lot of em :p

Binged the first six or so TOH on SimpsonsWorld recently, it's a bit easier to digest them that way vs mixing with regular eps. Helps if you like horror anthology campiness in general though.

rekameohs

Banned
You guys should give out season numbers. I own the first 13 seasons on DVD. Would watch some on Halloween.
Season 6 (TOH V), with Shinning, Time and Punishment, and Nightmare Cafeteria is pretty much universally thought of as the best one, as this thread's showing as well.

Randam

I really like the first one.
Haunted house, abducted by aliens and the raven.

And the kids actual are sitting in the treehouse.

Well yeah...otherwise that's a fairly extensive skin graft procedure they had to do on the lot of em :p

Binged the first six or so TOH on SimpsonsWorld recently, it's a bit easier to digest them that way vs mixing with regular eps. Helps if you like horror anthology campiness in general though.

Yeah, that's what I mean. It's a weird detour in the middle of a binge watch of normal episodes.

I just want attention...

Time & Punishment. I think this started my love of stories featuring lots of alternate universes/timelines.

I really like the first one.
Haunted house, abducted by aliens and the raven.

And the kids actual are sitting in the treehouse.
Yeah the first one really comes out strong, all three pieces are great.

I love how it is just Bart and Lisa telling each other scary stories, it is a great setup. The next few seasons have great wraparounds too with them having nightmares from eating too much candy and telling scary stories at a party but then they started to drop that stuff completely. Too bad, I really liked it.

The Raven is the best segment just because it does the poem justice in Simpsons fashion (plus the ending with Homer being scared but the kids not is great).

Treehouse of Horror V is the best Halloween episode though. Honestly it is also one of the best episodes of the Simpsons period. The parodies are on point, the jokes all hit perfectly, the animation is great and the performances from all the cast (and guest appearance by James Earl Jones) are awesome. It's just a perfect embodiment of the crazier side of the show but it doesn't sacrifice good writing just to be weird.

Good choices above so something different. The one were Marge gets Hal in the voice of Pierce Brosnon as the automated house system.
Great classics already mentioned, love The Raven and The Shinning. The Pierce Brosnon/HAL House was terrific; a real gem at a time when the Treehouses started slipping to me. Pierce was just hilarious. Constable Wiggum, hehe.
What a great scene. Also "Fire. And lots of it."

mhayes86

I loved this one so much, and always got a kick out of the end when Homer was sucked into the hole and fell into our reality.

Treehouse of Horror was always great as a kid, because so many episodes were parodies of The Twilight Zone, which I watched a lot with my dad and understood the references.

Shinning, for sure.

On a side note, we watched the most recent Treehouse a few days back and couldn't even make it through the whole episode. It's like a soulless parody of The Simpsons.

We immediately went back and watched one of the old ones to cleanse the palate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom