• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Simpsons Treehouse of Horror segment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeman

5atU5Db.gif

cacildo

Its funny how theres 16 years of treehouse episodes that nobody knows about or talk about

Modern simpsons. Its like it never existed

Been binging the first dozen TOH episodes for Halloween. There are just too many favorites to pick.

I must say though that I liked the early seasons where the stories were interjected with the storytelling (treehouse, Halloween party, etc.).

One favorite I didn't see mentioned much was the Monkey Paw one. Classic.

jb1234

I just rewatched Treehouse of Horror V. I've never been a big fan of the Shinning segment (I've never seen The Shining) but the other two are classics.

Tagyhag

Homer^3 was my favorite episode, it was so mindblowing as a little kid.

As far as actual horror goes, the episode with Bart's twin brother scared the heck out of me, especially when they went out to look for him and he never left the house.

Ricitor

I have to go with OP on this one and say the Shinning is the best of the Treehouse of Horror segments. The from the "All work and no play" to the take on the famous "Here's Johnny". It is the best segment but man, looking through this thread there are some close contenders. If I had to rank them on personal top 5:

1. The Shinning
2. Clown Without Pity
3. Terror at 5½ Feet
4. Citizen Kang
5. King Homer

Favourite? Time and Punishment
729178.jpg

Pure classic.
HM to nightmare cafeteria from the same episode almost entirely for Skinners various lines ("wait, scratch that last one")

1195751.jpg

Just some good ol' Burns and Smithers fun really.

1116898.gif

The best use of Kang and Kodos

1176550.gif

Yeah, yeah it's stupid as anything but younger me would be upset if I didn't admit to how much loved this one at the time, heck it's still pretty amusing for its sheer absurdity.
In general this batch of Halloween shorts were pretty solid, I also dug the one beforehand based on fairy tales, the ending bit just makes it ("but the concerts at eight....")

cyba89

Dude, watch The Shining. At the very least it makes the episode 5x funnier.

I watched the movie after I already saw The Simpsons segment a dozen times and it was a bit hard to take the movie seriously. I always had the simpsons gags in my head in each scene.

The Shinning is probably my favorite THOH segment. The blood elevator scene gets me every time.
But there are so many other great THOH eps too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom