• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Nebula

If Austin is hosting WrestleMania 29 that means he is main eventing WrestleMania 30 with CM Punk.

I honestly don't see it. When the rumors circulated WWE seemed to jump on it with that one interview with Austin and CM Punk about WWE 13. I really didn't see any signs pointing to a Wrestlemania 30 match.

More on the WWE press conference from the observer

Monday's press conference, expected to be the announcement of WrestleMania XXX for the Superdome in New Orleans at Noon Eastern time, will have Vince McMahon, HHH, The Rock, John Cena and Stephanie McMahon all present.

As noted a few times on recent updates, The Rock has committed to working next year's WrestleMania, although his current run will end in April before he leaves for Hungary and Croatia to film "Hercules."

Monday's press conference, expected to be the announcement of WrestleMania XXX for the Superdome in New Orleans at Noon Eastern time, will have Vince McMahon, HHH, The Rock, John Cena and Stephanie McMahon all present.

As noted a few times on recent updates, The Rock has committed to working next year's WrestleMania, although his current run will end in April before he leaves for Hungary and Croatia to film "Hercules."

So Dolph Ziggler v. Rock at WM next year?

Nice.

strobogo

Banned

"I'm never leaving" *Leaves for 7 months* "I'm never leaving" *Leaves for 9 months* "I'm back full time" *Shows up every other week, maybe, doesn't do house shows*

KissVibes

Banned

OH COME ON.

Just throw a bunch of money at Batista. I'd rather see his old ass come back and wrestle John Cena 3-4 times within a 12 month period.

KissVibes

Banned
Brock vs Rock will be awesome next year. Besides, it's a main event without Cena. Bat WM of the last 10 years.

But The Rock is so boring and his whole "I'm back guys, seriously!" talk is annoying. When The Rock shows up, I just wonder if it's a layover until the next flight to whatever movie of the month he's promoting is ready. I literally have zero care for ANYTHING The rock does because it's telegraphed so poorly. We've sat for one year on the FACT that he was winning the title and fighting John Cena at Wrestlemania. That shit sucks.

Brocks limited appearances work because he made it clear he's only around to beat the shit out of people. It makes him showing up surprising and cool.

I want Brock putting people over. Not him and a movie star hogging both spots in a main event a full-time worker could really use one of. There's nothing on the line for either of those dudes and that makes it boring.

Awesome picture is awesome;

from http://prowrestlingisart.com

Damn, who was that catching Marty? Not sure how you're supposed to meet a suicide dive standing right next to the apron, and there's shit all space there anyway. I always hate seeing dudes dive when the barriers are right up close.

Is that PCW? Can't wait for the show I got front row seats for in April!

Edit - perhaps not the chandelier just threw me off

THRICE IN A LIFETIME

But The Rock is so boring and his whole "I'm back guys, seriously!" talk is annoying. Brocks limited appearances work because he made it clear he's only around to beat the shit out of people. It makes him showing up surprising and cool.

When The Rock shows up, I just wonder if it's a layover until the next flight to whatever movie of the month he's promoting is ready. I literally have zero care for ANYTHING The rock does because it's telegraphed so poorly. We've sat for one year on the FACT that he was winning the title and fighting John Cena at Wrestlemania. That shit sucks.

All of his stuff has to be planned out in advance because you only have the guy for a certain amount of time every year. They have to maximize him while they have him and that means planned out storylines that will make the most money they can because The Rock don't come cheap. While some people might not like The Rock and Cena stuff the fact of the matter is the E is going to make more money this year with Mania then any other event in history. They are hoping they might pick up a few fans here and there while one of the biggest stars in hollywood is their champion. I can't fault a company like the WWE for doing what they are doing in this situation. They need all the attention they can get with the network launching this year and if that means Rock vs Cena 2 then so be it. Watch CHIKARA, DGUSA, or PWG if the E isn't doing it for you right now.

Also I've heard Rock vs Brock might happen at Summer Slam this year.

Is that PCW? Can't wait for the show I got front row seats for in April!

I think it's the building PCW use, but the promotion is women's fed Pro-Wrestling EVE, and pictured is their champion Nikki Storm;

iQdynp9y0Cwxv.png

Enjoy the PCW show man, should be great seeing Steen & Gargano live. And The Million Dollar Man! Awesome.

Cagey

Banned
"I'm never leaving" *Leaves for 7 months* "I'm never leaving" *Leaves for 9 months* "I'm back full time" *Shows up every other week, maybe, doesn't do house shows*

He returns to the WWE when he has breaks from his full-time day job, jabroni.

Cagey

Banned
Tensai joins up with Funkasaurus because he's got a thing for Cameron?

If only this were the late 90s... you can spend the 5-6 minutes these tubby dudes are on RAW and Smackdown having them play out their own tag team breakup storyline: over the weeks and months, Tensai gets too close with Cameron, and Cameron turns on Brodus Clay to side with Tensai. Boom. Fight. Guys lower on the card with a purpose and a story!

This kinda shit takes next to no effort to write or execute, it doesn't require any sort of push.

Nebula

If only this were the late 90s... you can spend the 5-6 minutes these tubby dudes are on RAW and Smackdown having them play out their own tag team breakup storyline: over the weeks and months, Tensai gets too close with Cameron, and Cameron turns on Brodus Clay to side with Tensai. Boom. Fight. Guys lower on the card with a purpose and a story!

This kinda shit takes next to no effort to write or execute, it doesn't require any sort of push.

Vince, hire this man!

KissVibes

Banned

But what if people end up liking that more than JOHN CENA?

Is it just me or has Brodus lost weight?

He has. He needs to seriously tone his legs. It's all flabby and gross because of weight loss. Frankly, I think he got one of those bands.

But The Rock is so boring and his whole "I'm back guys, seriously!" talk is annoying. When The Rock shows up, I just wonder if it's a layover until the next flight to whatever movie of the month he's promoting is ready. I literally have zero care for ANYTHING The rock does because it's telegraphed so poorly. We've sat for one year on the FACT that he was winning the title and fighting John Cena at Wrestlemania. That shit sucks.

Brocks limited appearances work because he made it clear he's only around to beat the shit out of people. It makes him showing up surprising and cool.

I want Brock putting people over. Not him and a movie star hogging both spots in a main event a full-time worker could really use one of. There's nothing on the line for either of those dudes and that makes it boring.

When did Rock say "i'm back guys, seriously" outside of one promo over a year ago?

I really don't get how anybody can dislike The Rock. It just seems like petty bitching for the sake of it. Him coming back is only a good thing for WWE, they're damn lucky he's doing this purely because he loves it. You think being on Wrestlemania is gonna do shit for his movie career? Being a wrestler can only work against him.

gurudyne

I really don't get how anybody can dislike The Rock. It just seems like petty bitching for the sake of it.

Did you not hear the crack addict story? What was the point? People don't like him because a lot of his work is either filler or uninspired--but people cheer anyway because it's the Rock. Sure it's good for business, but you know who else is good for business? Cena. Same thing, different face. Just because you can sell PPVs and t-shirts doesn't mean you should be able to coast on a subpar performance and charismatic inertia. The best that can be said about the Rock is that he isn't trying to fill his entire appearance list with cookie cutter promos and no thought. He can still tap into that compelling character every so often, capture lightning in a bottle. Sadly, it usually takes Punk acting as foil to get him there. On his own in front of the camera, we get Twinkie tits and crack addicts.

...come to think of it, how is this creating a broader appeal for the WWE?

Top Bottom